The cowboys

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The cowboys may have squeaked out a win against the Eagles but, they did not look that good , IMO. Philly had a botched play that caused a fumble late in the game and although Mc Nabb played well for most of the game made some mistakes late in Q4 buy not running when out of the pocket.

Dallas is beatable. And Green Bay has a damn good shot next Sunday night to knock off the 'boys.

Our corners need to play some physical defence and the D needs to put pressure on tony ****...err romo. This guy cracks under pressure.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I agree they are beatable, Mcnabb screwed up like 4 times in the 4th quarter with a couple of over throws and that ugly ugly fumble. I think the key of the game for our defense next week is not being affected by TO's double moves and deep balls. This guy is so one dimensional. All he does is go deep and if our safeties don't get caught tryin to jump the double move and stay home we should be ok in that regard.
Witten will be a big factor against our D. If theres a LB on him man to man he'll probably get beaten. So We should roll in some zone calls into the game so our LB's won't have to run with him.. but I know thats not gonna happen.
Ryan grant where were you last week? lets pick it up against them cowboys.

GO PACK

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it weren't for Westbrook's fumble near the end of the game, that game could have belonged to the Eagles.

I think if the O line gives Aaron good protection then we can wear down the Cowboys secondary and stack up some points.

I feel that we have a lot more offensive weapons than the Eagles who managed to put up a lot of points. Other than that we just need to watch out when the Cowboys are in the center of the field. They tend to make big plays from there.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO ,, there are 2 keys to this game .. 1 preasure ROMO ,, we cant allow him to sit back there and pick his shots ... 2 is spred that ball around ( simalar to what we did to lions ) ballace the offence ... i agree we very well could walk away with a win .... we have to play smart ... i believe we could win this game ..

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
The cowboys may have squeaked out a win against the Eagles but, they did not look that good , IMO. Philly had a botched play that caused a fumble late in the game and although Mc Nabb played well for most of the game made some mistakes late in Q4 buy not running when out of the pocket.

IF.....
You guys seem to be too hung up on what ifs...... It's not like everything went perfect for Dallas to win....

What about if Romo doesn't give them a TD by fumbling in the endzone... What about if Romo doesn't throw that Interception, and then if the refs dont call that bogus PI on Henry in the endzone, when it should have been called offensive PI on Lewis... If those 2 plays dont happen, Dallas wins in route... Also, if we didn't have over 100 yards in penalties...

CalifPacker said:
Dallas is beatable. And Green Bay has a damn good shot next Sunday night to knock off the 'boys.
Yes, Dallas is beatable... But it was our own mistakes that made us look more beatable tonight... If Romo plays well, we'll win... If he turns the ball over like tonight, we'll lose...

CalifPacker said:
Our corners need to play some physical defence and the D needs to put pressure on tony ****...err romo. This guy cracks under pressure.

I might take this comment more seriously, if you could actually spell the word defense... Sorry, not usually a stickler for grammar or spelling, but that's a 1st grade word....

staticx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys say the Eagles gave the game away but you all seem to forget Romo handed them an interception that lead to a touchdown then a fumble in the end zone which lead to other touchdown. It funny how the hate is so strong for the Cowboys even if they have more of the ****ups people don't recognize it, only what the other team did to lose it

OP
OP
C

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboyuptx,

Hey, thanks for the correction. Yes, we all make mistakes however, Romo does crack under pressure. That is one of his big weaknesses. He also melts down later in the season. And lets not forget that Romo has never WON a playoff game - College or pro.

The defense the cowpokes play against next Sunday is better than Philly.

staticx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
cowboyuptx,

Hey, thanks for the correction. Yes, we all make mistakes however, Romo does crack under pressure. That is one of his big weaknesses. He also melts down later in the season. And lets not forget that Romo has never WON a playoff game - College or pro.

The same defense that the Cowboys played last year?

Yeah Romo has never won a play off game in his whole 2 years as a starting QB...instant success or bust!!!!!! Oh wait Peyton lost 3 consecutive playoff games before he won his first, Eli lost 2 before he finally won, Dan Marino never won...but hey that all doesn't matter, its instant success or bust only for Romo!!!! :rofl:

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all I'm a Gb fan but I don't see them winning this game. I am a realist and don't see our overrated D stopping them. Everyone is all excited over two wins over teams that are not very good. Before everyone thinks that the Favre move was good and jumps on the #12 bandwagon, lets see how he does against a team that is actually good and puts pressure on him to win the game. My prediction for this season is still 6-10 and all the kool-aid drinkers will see the fraud that is McCathy and Thompson.

OP
OP
C

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
staticx said:
CalifPacker said:
cowboyuptx,

Yeah Romo has never won a play off game in his whole 2 years as a starting QB...instant success or bust!!!!!! Oh wait Peyton lost 3 consecutive playoff games before he won his first, Eli lost 2 before he finally won, Dan Marino never won...but hey that all doesn't matter, its instant success or bust only for Romo!!!! :rofl:

Not quite the same defense they played last year. Woodson and KGB were held out of last years game.

Hey, I'm just saying Romo has not won a playoff game yet. Marino did not win a championship but, he did win playoff games.

Oh, one more thing. Dallas has never won a football game in Green Bay. Maybe they will break that streak...maybe not. Should be a great game Sunday night.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I might take this comment more seriously, if you could actually spell the word defense... Sorry, not usually a stickler for grammar or spelling, but that's a 1st grade word...."

I might take YOU more seriously if you could spell the word "rout". Anyhoo ( anyhow ), I think the key is keeping the Cowboys DL out of Rodgers face, and vice versa, getting pressure on Romo. But, isn't that always the case in the NFL?

staticx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TexasPackerFan said:
And here come the Dallas fans, this should be fun...

Hey be fair, I registered here the last time these 2 teams played, just a little hard to post while in the military

staticx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
staticx said:
CalifPacker said:
cowboyuptx,

Not quite the same defense they played last year. Woodson and KGB were held out of last years game.

Hey, I'm just saying Romo has not won a playoff game yet. Marino did not win a championship but, he did win playoff games.

Oh, one more thing. Dallas has never won a football game in Green Bay. Maybe they will break that streak...maybe not. Should be a great game Sunday night.

Winning takes time is all I'm saying, besides I don't look at a playoff wins to measure a QB success rating. Theres a lot more to it and the big measuring stick of all is winning a Super Bowl.

But I get what your saying, it should be a good game to watch. Hopefully the Cowboys can win at Green Bay for once

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
"I might take this comment more seriously, if you could actually spell the word defense... Sorry, not usually a stickler for grammar or spelling, but that's a 1st grade word...."

I might take YOU more seriously if you could spell the word "rout". Anyhoo ( anyhow ), I think the key is keeping the Cowboys DL out of Rodgers face, and vice versa, getting pressure on Romo. But, isn't that always the case in the NFL?

Touche..... :D It's just that I see so many people spell defense that way, I guess I just couldn't take it anymore... Thank you for pointing out my mistake, now I know the difference in those 2 words...

I think the key will be to outscore each other (obviously), but I think this will be another barn-burner....

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
First of all I'm a Gb fan but I don't see them winning this game. I am a realist and don't see our overrated D stopping them. Everyone is all excited over two wins over teams that are not very good. Before everyone thinks that the Favre move was good and jumps on the #12 bandwagon, lets see how he does against a team that is actually good and puts pressure on him to win the game. My prediction for this season is still 6-10 and all the kool-aid drinkers will see the fraud that is McCathy and Thompson.

I dont know man..... As a Dallas fan, I'd rather see Favre back there... I know Rodgers is inexperienced, but I think he can play... His ability to make plays with his feet, adds a whole new element to the offense.... I dont see the Packers D shutting Dallas down either, but I also dont think we can shut-down Rodgers and the Packers offense... I fully expect Rodgers to play very well...

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's definitely fun to make predictions and to suggest how the game will turn out, the NFL (especially lately) has proven that you never know what's going to happen. No one could have predicted how 80% of this weekends games would have transpired. With that being said, I agree with the sentiment that this has the makings of a high scoring game (similar to last nights). I think the keys to the game for us will be our secondary (if Rouse is in, we're in trouble), and limiting the big plays of Owens, Witten, and Barber. Unfortunately for us, the best way to limit the big play Dallas O is to keep them off the field and a grinding ground game hasn't been our forte'..at least not lately. It seems our best chance will be to outlast Dallas in a slugfest - and hope we make less mistakes than they do. Then again, considering the NFL season so far, it will probably be a 13-10 game.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboyuptx said:
angryguy77 said:

I dont know man..... As a Dallas fan, I'd rather see Favre back there... I know Rodgers is inexperienced, but I think he can play... His ability to make plays with his feet, adds a whole new element to the offense.... I dont see the Packers D shutting Dallas down either, but I also dont think we can shut-down Rodgers and the Packers offense... I fully expect Rodgers to play very well...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Rodgers won't be a good QB. Whats annoying me is how every packer fan is jumping all over him right now after TWO games. He hasn't proved anything as of yet. Believe me that McCarthy will call a horrible game on Sunday, just like last year.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, this is nuts. People can never be satisfied. It's going to be a good game. Sorry I missed this topic, I have been hanging out at the new packerslounge.com forums today.

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
cowboyuptx said:
angryguy77 said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Rodgers won't be a good QB. Whats annoying me is how every packer fan is jumping all over him right now after TWO games. He hasn't proved anything as of yet. Believe me that McCarthy will call a horrible game on Sunday, just like last year.

Actually Rodgers is who got us back into the game. We just ran out of time. I think he'll do fine and the QB that makes the most mistakes will be the deciding factor. I'm a huge Favre fan but it's time to move on. If you're a real Packers fan then you'll support Rodgers. I was so pissed when we traded Favre but so far it's worked out good. Our D needs to stop falling asleep and we'll do just fine against the Cowboys.

sandtrapjack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike bat said:
IMO ,, there are 2 keys to this game .. 1 preasure ROMO ,, we cant allow him to sit back there and pick his shots ... 2 is spred that ball around ( simalar to what we did to lions ) ballace the offence ... i agree we very well could walk away with a win .... we have to play smart ... i believe we could win this game ..
Pressure the QB? Balanced attack?
You think those up all by yourself?

The Packer defense has to bring its "A" game and maybe more. The Packers have not really been tested this year yet, no offense but it is not like the first two weeks of the season were games against what anyone would call "powerhouses".

But they will get tested Sunday night.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
If Rodger's and the Packers beat the Cowboy's it will be a HUGE accomplishment.

Dallas is STACKED with star players and if they don't win the super bowl it's their own fault.

One of the more talented teams top to bottom to step on the field.

That being said, the Packers definitely have a chance to beat them, and if we do, I would be amazed, and it would prove all the haters wrong.

Although, even IF we lost, it doesn't mean that A-Rod isn't going to work out, or our defense isn't good, etc. Losing to one of the best teams in the league isn't that worst thing in the world, that's for sure.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe me that McCarthy will call a horrible game on Sunday, just like last year.

He didn't call that bad of a game last year vs dallas.. But brett favre made it look like it. Notice how the second aaron rodgers went into the game we started haveing actuall success? Brett was tryin to be a hero and jacked the ball up in to double coverage.. like he tends to do

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might take this comment more seriously, if you could actually spell the word defense... Sorry, not usually a stickler for grammar or spelling, but that's a 1st grade word....

Actually, it IS a word and spelled correctly.

de·fence
(d-fns)
n. & v. Chiefly British
Variant of defense.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
defence or US defense
Noun
1. resistance against attack
2. something that provides such resistance
3. an argument or piece of writing in support of something that has been criticized or questioned
4. a country's military resources
5. Law a defendant's denial of the truth of a charge
6. Law the defendant and his or her legal advisers collectively
7. Sport the players in a team whose function is to prevent the opposing team from scoring
8. defences fortifications [Latin defendere to defend]
defenceless or US
defenseless adj

Members online

Latest posts