The Cowboys have three players missing

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pickett\woodson dont need it. they should be there, but its understandable(unfortunately). guys like carroll should be there.

id love to hear your comments if favre no showed

"hes brett favre! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! HE doesn't need to be there!"

uh huh

No.....my comments would be the same...in fact....if you really followed the Packers you would realize that he will be missing some of these. In fact MM will "excuse" him from some of them. Sound familiar? You didn't even read my first post. They are not mandatory and you can't make them come in. I wasn't ragging on Woodson or Pickett....just pointing out that they don't fit your "everything is Sherman's fault" rant.

I do find it comical that you say Pickett and Woodson don't need to be there. Real consistent view :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know favre will be at 10(or 11) of 14 OTAs. don't...question if i follow the packers. don't...**** me off.

This is still turnover from shermans tenure. the players AND attitude. If you dont realize that...sorry.

I'm not saying 'damn sherman!' I am saying we're still gonna feel the effects of his tenure for at least 2 years, with players(donnell washington,carroll,etc) and this attitude.

Defend sherman all you want, you'd still be wrong.

With that said, jags and mm said this camp is already better than last years(which i assume they got that from TT,harlan,sanders, and other coaches)

I want 100% participation, like most of you guys do, but it will never ever ever ever ever happen. Guys will pull their stunts(woodson, what are we gonna do, cut him?), and some will be excused(favre, hes old, and knows the drill anyway)

sorry if you can't see it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Hey trom....Are you a Packer fan?

lol, asking me if im a packers fan is like me asking you if you are a ****head.

the answer to both is YES.

hehehe :wink:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack is right, this is NOT MS fault, and I'm not even sure that it's MMs fault.

There's no need for incentives, yelling, threats, or whatever...it's just common sense that new coach and new players means you NEED to take advantage of every opportunity to gel w/ teammates and learn the new offensive system.

This has nothing to do w/ Sherman...again, it's frickin' common sense, and a personal desire to achieve. Many of the absentees are either new players, thus MS has no influence (Gardner-not there last offseason, Pickett, Woodson), or are idiots/*** clowns/have alternative agendas (Harris, Carroll). Not MS fault, and debatably not MMs

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
Hey trom....Are you a Packer fan?

lol, asking me if im a packers fan is like me asking you if you are a ****head.

the answer to both is YES.

hehehe :wink:

I gotta laugh out of that! I think you're gonna get suspended though. :confused: theres another laugh :p

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i shouldnt, but i wouldnt be surprised.

it IS the coaches fault. MM now, and the turnover from MS. Thats my stance on it.

coaches need to control their players.

Cajed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila said one of the reasons for the poor attendance at the second minicamp and the OTAs was because the new coaching staff waited until March to give players the offseason schedule. Gbaja-Biamila said that was the reason he missed the second minicamp, held May 19-21.

“Because there is a new coaching staff, we didn’t get the schedule like we usually would after the season,â€

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem that we have right now with all the no shows belongs to Mike McCarthy and he had better step on it very soon or we'll have what we had with Sherman. The bad attitude however stems from the Sherman regime. Unfortunately the inmates ran the jail in Green Bay these past few years, and much of it started with McKenzie. That's the way it is, but it has to be changed or the record won't change either.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 14 seems high until you break it down. I truly believe that the late posting of the OTA dates screwed up some of these guys planned vacations etc...i.e. schedule conflicts. We also have at least 7 of the 14 missing injured, and a couple due to College requirements. Since Woodson and Pickett weren't with the team they too would most likely have had prior commitments. I can't see where this is leftover from MS but nonetheless a bit concerning since we don't have a whole lot of time to get all these guys shaped up in to the new system. My still on going concern is the OL. With injuries as well as lack of depth, coupled with our strating RB's not there learning the holes from the zone blocking, we may struggle big time with the run game in the first half of the season.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people need to remember that MM had to solidify his entire coaching staff and get things in order prior to working on things like getting the practice schedule together.

That the schedule came out like it did was a one time thing and you can bet he will give them plenty of notice from here on out and will be one of those coaches that won't take attendance lightly.

Coaches handle these things differently and guys like The Tuna expect different things from the players than a Sherman. Is one way right or another way wrong? It depends on what they ultimately get from their players.

Coaches all have their style and that is based on what works for them.

It's obvious that MM would have preferred a prior coach that invoked a policy(personal not official) that would have had more guys there as the norm.

This is just a case of it is what it is. MM scheduled it when he could get to it. The heads up was a little behind and some guys probably are using it and some probably have a legitimate reason.

At the end of the day it's the players that have to take the responsibility for being there and doing what they need to do to make this team better. My guess is MM will make it very clear that these voluntary practices is a valuable tool in getting there.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pickett\woodson dont need it. they should be there, but its understandable(unfortunately). guys like carroll should be there.

uh huh

Are you SERIOUS?? Woodson/Pickett don't need it.......I wish I had some kid come up to me and say "Coach, I don't need to come to practice today because I am good enough"............. I rip his friggin head off his shoulders!

It just blows my mind that the "self-proclaimed best CB in the league" that played in a whopping 6 games with 1 int last year thinks he is so good that he just does not need to show up.

It's not Sherman's fault, it's not MM's fault it is the PLAYERS FAULT! Don't give me this charity shiiit either. Find me a link to WOODSON'S charity event. You won't because he has nothing to do besides cash his big fat check from GB and sit on his lazy *** like he's done his whole career - it's horseshiiit!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

uh huh
You won't because he has nothing to do besides cash his big fat check from GB and sit on his lazy *** like he's done his whole career - it's horseshiiit!

and its the norm in the NFL.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

uh huh

Are you SERIOUS?? Woodson/Pickett don't need it.......I wish I had some kid come up to me and say "Coach, I don't need to come to practice today because I am good enough"............. I rip his friggin head off his shoulders!

It just blows my mind that the "self-proclaimed best CB in the league" that played in a whopping 6 games with 1 int last year thinks he is so good that he just does not need to show up.

It's not Sherman's fault, it's not MM's fault it is the PLAYERS FAULT! Don't give me this charity shiiit either. Find me a link to WOODSON'S charity event. You won't because he has nothing to do besides cash his big fat check from GB and sit on his lazy *** like he's done his whole career - it's horseshiiit!

Who said they were the best CB in the leauge and what article? I hate how I miss these things!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well at specific dates in the past...it would be hard to argue. Has he said that recently? that would be a bit over the top.

ps - pyle, what level of football do you coach?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

uh huh
You won't because he has nothing to do besides cash his big fat check from GB and sit on his lazy *** like he's done his whole career - it's horseshiiit!

and its the norm in the NFL.

No, its the norm with SOME PLAYERS in the NFL

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle, I'd agree that it ultimately is the players fault for not being at the OTA's. However, the boss is the one who has to call the shots. The bottom line is that no matter what the players salaries are, what their status on the team is, players who are under contract need to know that they are expected to be at this camp and if they don't show, the consequences will be very uncomfortable. One's salary shouldn't have anything to do with their commitment or lack of commitment to the team. I never agreed with Sherman allowing Farve to miss mini-camps. I think it sends the wrong message to your team and I think the team cleary received that message. Hence 4-12. Now we know that there is a lot more to that record than Favre missing mini camps, but the chemistry was missing last year, and I believe that comes from OTA's and mini camps.

Members online