The cost of thumping beating the ______ chokings

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: The negative side of beating the chokings

Yared-Yam said:
Ouch. OUCH.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this whole "It's too bad we're not losing more" mentality.

You know who thinks like that? The Texans, Lions, Browns and Cardinals. Losing teams play for draft picks. Winning teams play for the playoffs, which happens to be exactly what Green Bay is doing; PLAYING TO GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS.

Hey, I am for winning, not losing!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Winning breeds winning, I don't care what level of athletics you are playing at.
Screw worrying about the draft status.
Keep putting w's on the board and everyting will come together.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Winning breeds winning, I don't care what level of athletics you are playing at.

Hell yea! Tha'ts what I'm talkin about!

I think the fans who are wanting the high draft choices are so accustomed to the 70's and 80's where the motto was 'hey, there is always next year' lol

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the fans who are wanting the high draft choices are so accustomed to the 70's and 80's where the motto was 'hey, there is always next year' lol

At least there are a few sane souls left. This is like the movie 28 Days Later when the guy wakes up and everyone is a zombie except for a few people.

You guys are zombies and we have to kill you because we don't wanna be infected

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yared-Yam said:

At least there are a few sane souls left. This is like the movie 28 Days Later when the guy wakes up and everyone is a zombie except for a few people.

You guys are zombies and we have to kill you because we don't wanna be infected

Don't get me started on that movie or else I won't shut up. ;)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like your attitude.

Also note that good FAs want to go to winning teams.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:whippin: Boy! How did all this turn into a team should lose to gain draft position? The original post only said it may be a disadvantage to GB in the draft! And no team plays to lose for draft positions. That would defeat the whole purpose of playing the game. Please take note those of you here in euphoria over the past two wins; we did not beat good teams, we beat one team decimated by injuries and another starting a rookie QB with a well known suspect pass defense, against which the Pack cetrtainly didn't shine. It wouldn't have hurt GB if it had lost is all anyone is saying because it would have resulted in a chance for a better draft pick, one GB could certainly use.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:whippin: Boy! How did all this turn into a team should lose to gain draft position? The original post only said it may be a disadvantage to GB in the draft! And no team plays to lose for draft positions. That would defeat the whole purpose of playing the game. Please take note those of you here in euphoria over the past two wins; we did not beat good teams, we beat one team decimated by injuries and another starting a rookie QB with a well known suspect pass defense, against which the Pack cetrtainly didn't shine. It wouldn't have hurt GB if it had lost is all anyone is saying because it would have resulted in a chance for a better draft pick, one GB could certainly use.

We won three games in a row, for the first time since....04? Or maybe '03. I'm too lazy to look it up.

I'm euphoric. so what if we beat bad teams? It's 3 wins in a row. Twenty years from now, we'll look back at this and remember this season as a successful rebuilding before our SB victory in '09. We won't remember that of the three teams we beat, one had a rookie QB and one an injured team.

I know nobody implied we should lose to get better draft positions. My whole argument is winning attracts winners. Good free agents want to go to winning teams, not losers. If we end this season 8-8, we'd attract more good attention than if we ended it 4-12.

Plus winning creates an atmosphere. This alone is better than getting a higher draft pick.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The negative side of beating the chokings

I think we're micro analysing a much larger issue. I think its less to do with the cost of losing a game but more to do with the cost of winning or losing a season and both have a price. We've witnessed the price of winning with Sherman at the helm. The cost in those years was dwindling talent and a salary cap going out of control. We've witnessed the price of losing with TT. The cost the last two years has been frittering away what little time we have left with BF, losing some talent that had become too expensive to keep and possible difficulty in attracting first rate FA talent.

For all of us who smart at the idea of favouring losing over winning, there's no getting away from the fact that we have a GM who has done just that. Valued the price of winning (as we did with Sherman) as higher than the cost of losing and chosen therefore to re-build.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

there is no negative to beating the queens 2 times. who cares about draft picks since most of our better players see to come from other rounds.

2007 home PHI WAS OAK SD NCFSouth
away DAL NYG DEN KC NFCWest

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2007 home PHI WAS OAK SD NCFSouth
away DAL NYG DEN KC NFCWest

I hope this is true- Cause that means I get to see the Pack spank the Denver Broncos at Mile High!! :cheerleader: :jumpsmile:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do people care what draft pick we get. TT has shown he can get it done there. And besides, if we have the 12th pick...hes just gonna trade it for 3 4th rounders! its what he does! hes crazy(in a good way)!

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might get hit by a bus on Monday and never see another Packers game again. So I'll cheer for them to win on Sunday, like I cheer for them to win every game. I've never even considered draft order until the offseason. Maybe that's just me. I don't expect us to make the playoffs, too many things have to happen; but I'd love to see the Packers go 8-8.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People here concerned with how high of draft choice we are going to recieve, is sad at best. We are fighting for a payoff spot, who would have thought that 5 weeks ago? Knowone seams to think outside of the draft the pack can add talent to this team.

TT should be able to sign some quality players in free agency with the amount of cap space the packers are carrying. This is where tt could prove his worth and show packer fans everywhere he wants to build the packers into a playoff caliber team.

Please santa bring Green Bay two tight ends with sure hands.

Members online

Latest posts