The Coach

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy made many personell adjustments for this game and it worked.

“He put it as simple as you can put it on Wednesday,” Favre said, “’Some of you guys won’t be here next year. Some of you guys may, may not, depending on how you play the rest of the year, depending on how you practice and approach the rest of the season.’ What else can you tell a group of guys?”

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy made many personell adjustments for this game and it worked.

“He put it as simple as you can put it on Wednesday,” Favre said, “’Some of you guys won’t be here next year. Some of you guys may, may not, depending on how you play the rest of the year, depending on how you practice and approach the rest of the season.’ What else can you tell a group of guys?”

Excellent. Hope it continues for the rest of the season!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They lost three in a row. They've been blown out of a few games this year. and still until about two weeks ago I thought this team was hanging together pretty well. Other than the defense, I thought the team was getting better in all facets of the game. The special teams are going to be awful because our subs are awful. The defense has some good players however, and I have been very disappointed in the play of the defense. Hawk is coming on strong, but I'm still disappointed in Barnett. Quick, can anyone name the other linebacker? Yeah Poppinga! Those guys just don't always fill the hole and too often over run their coverage zone. My point you ask? Coaching plays a huge part in this game. It's not all about talent. Look at what is going on in New Orleans. That's not a very talented team but they are well coached in ever facet of the game and they come ready to play every game. That's coaching.

My hope is that Mike McCarthy can become that type of rah, rah guy. I like the fact that he said some of you won't be here next year. It depends how you play. I don't believe until this week that he was holding anyone accountable. You know when we're going to find out how tough this guy is, when it comes time for OTA's in the off-season and his super stars stay home. I like how Woodson is playing, but for this team to get better, he's going to need to lead on and off the field during and after the season. As we found out with Sherman, you can't let the inmates run the asylum.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a crappy coach... fire him now and replace him with an aging defensive coordinator.

Hey, you dont know how quotable the 'ageing defensive coordinator' might have been. Just teasing. :wink:

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can just about tell u with 100% confidence that the Pack would have more than 5 wins so far this year with Bates at the wheel. At least our defense wouldnt suck.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can just about tell u with 100% confidence that the Pack would have more than 5 wins so far this year with Bates at the wheel. At least our defense wouldnt suck.

How good would the offense be then and how would of that effected us?

I'm not a big "What If" guy but if we're going to throw speculations out there then let's remember Bates is a Defensive Only Coach. This team could very well be one game better or one game worse. You just don't know. In all likely hood though this team is worse off on Offense with him as Coach and we probably don't have Spitz, Colledge, and Moll.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:

How good would the offense be then and how would of that effected us?

I'm not a big "What If" guy but if we're going to throw speculations out there then let's remember Bates is a Defensive Only Coach. This team could very well be one game better or one game worse. You just don't know. In all likely hood though this team is worse off on Offense with him as Coach and we probably don't have Spitz, Colledge, and Moll.

nicely said Porky...

nothing is wrong with someon stating their opinion, it is what makes us individuals..however sometimes people think their opinion=fact

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts