1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

The Chicago fans are worried

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packedhouse01, Jan 1, 2007.

1. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It counted. It moved the packers down 4-5 spots in the draft...

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah it hurts. Draft doesnt matter for Chicago. They'll just draft more defensive players they dont need like in 2006. Way to help out the offense. Ha!

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    That Devin Hester draft pick was pretty damn good.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    it provided some points and entertainment in the REGULAR SEASON, but unless he does it every game in the POST SEASON or plays some WR....meh

MEH

5. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Like A.J. Hawk?

6. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Congratulations!
    I guess that this was your Super Bowl eh? While you are pasting that in your Packers scrapbook the Bears will be playing in the post season where teams compete for the real Super Bowl.

7. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Phil,

No question that WAS the Packers superbowl.

Glad to have won it! Where's our ring?

Actually, the Bears have proven time and again that the OTHER teams are competing for the superbowl... Bears? No. :rotflmao:

8. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If this game didn't cout for the Bears and were simply playing out the season in a meaningless game why did they play all of their starters for three quarters (except Grossman who got his *** benched after two) and try a fake punt? Explain that to me because it really makes no sense.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    They cant explain it, cuz there isnt any explanation for it..

A NFL team SHOULD NOT just show up and mail it in...I suspect Lovie is not the type of coach that allows his team to be that way..

10. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If they needed to win that game, Tillman and Johnson would have played. I don't believe that they used every play from the play book that they could. THat wouldn't make sense to show everything. Last year they did the same thing with running a fake punt in the meaningless game - I would not have shown it, so I cant explain that one.

Did the Bears want to win? Yes. I am sure that most everyone was giving 100%. THe Packers were the better team that night.

Do you really think that the bears played that game the exact way they would have played a game in which they had to win to make the playoffs? No way. However, if they did play that way, I am not sure if things would have been much different. Bears were off, packers played well.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The way the Bears lost to the Packers, thats NO WAY to go in the playoffs. Grossman's excuse of it being New Years Eve, PLEASE! If he can't prepare 100% for ANY game, he doesn't belong in this game.

12. flep

flep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Alexander is at 80% or more the bears won't have a chance.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats where we miss Mike Brown and Tommie Harris. I expect to win this game BUT I don't expect another 37-6 beatdown like week 4.

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember the Bears spanked the Panthers last year in the regular season and then Carolina came around and did the same to the Bears in the PLAYOFFS. I think it could happen again.

Chicago won't get anywhere without a QB. They would be better off with a Trent Dilfer like QB rather than Rex Grossman. The downfall of the team is Lovie might be to stubborn to make the move to Brian Griese whom IMO is way to overrated. He‘s not going to save this team especially if he plays like he did New Years Eve.

I sense a tad of hypocritical in this thread. I recall someone (no name mentioning) saying the Bears backups would beat the Packers starters. That didn't happen. In fact most of the Bears starters played and GB spanked them anyways. None the less I'd stay quiet and eat your words if I was that respective individual. If your team is truly the best. You'll have your bragging rights come early February.

15. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

im pretty sure if the bears win the game they will win it ugly.

all the hawks really have to do is pressure the qb and they can win the game.

16. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bears in a blowout Grossmania runs wild all the way to the superbowl and puts a superbowl MVP on his trophy shelf

17. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Picture of Grossman's Trophy shelf.....

(-------------------------------------------------------------)

uh, empty?

Shouldn't you have a trophy (any trophy?) beefore you get a shelf?

18. DaBearsrule4ever

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't consider last year's playoff game against the Panthers a spamking. Sure, the Panthers where up 13-0 in the blink of an eye but the Bears did make a charge on offense in that game. A few turnovers killed the Bears in that game.

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah, and single coverage on steve smith all game.

go bears defense!

hahahaha...right.

20. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    So the Bears lose to the Pack and their fans show up with excuses? Yeah, sure they "mailed it in" and lost by 20 points and looked terrible and I enjoyed every minute of it. Especially because it was the starters and Grossman got exposed for the weak armed loser that he is.

Let me spell it out clearly for you, the Bears lost at home to the 8-8 Packers who you think suck. Just because that scares you is no reason to not see this game for what it was. The Pack got better this year, the Bears didn't.

Enjoy your play-offs with your inconsistent offense.

21. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    atleast we r enjoying the playoffs enjoy waiting for favre to make up his mind again on whether hes coming back or not

22. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    dontcha know, that the new years eve win was like the playoffs for lot of packer fans?

When the pack have no chance to make the playoffs next best things is to SMACK DOWN the bears..

You know FULL well all those years the bears missed the playoffs, all you wanted to do was beat the packers..

23. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Plain and simple. Lovies first goal as the bears coach was to beat the packers.

Lovie failed.

no excuses.

24. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]
    Owned!!

*i borrowed this from nfl draft countdown forum..

25. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

Grossy got screwed!!!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

All these years the bear fans have been calling GB the fudgepackers. Until now, I never knew that the bears wanted to BE the fudge!