The Blame game

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I've been hearing that Rodgers or Driver or even Mccarthy should be blamed for today's loss. However there are a bunch of situations that show that it falls on the entire team, not one person.

1) Rodgers throwing 1st quarter interception: Great way to introduce yourself to the playoffs Aaron. I think we found one way to show others how much you're like Brett. What it cost us: 7 points.

2) Driver fumble: At 33 years old you should know how to carry a football. What it cost us: 7 points.

3) Green Bay Offensive Line: It's great to know that at least 3 of you guys probably won't be back next season. Hmmm I thought we got rid of these high sack numbers in the last 8 games. What it cost us: 5 sacks.

4) Jordy Nelson: Great receiver, even greater person to show us that we need a new KR/PR. thanks for clarifying that to TT. What it cost us: field position throughout entire game.

5) Josh Bell: How many false starts have been called on special teams this season? What it cost us: field position, Cards would have been backed up in their red zone.

6) The entire defense: I agree that this defense is ranked in the top 3 of the NFL. The top 3 overrated defenses. What it cost us: The whole game.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I've been hearing that Rodgers or Driver or even Mccarthy should be blamed for today's loss. However there are a bunch of situations that show that it falls on the entire team, not one person.

1) Rodgers throwing 1st quarter interception: Great way to introduce yourself to the playoffs Aaron. I think we found one way to show others how much you're like Brett. What it cost us: 7 points.

2) Driver fumble: At 33 years old you should know how to carry a football. What it cost us: 7 points.

3) Green Bay Offensive Line: It's great to know that at least 3 of you guys probably won't be back next season. Hmmm I thought we got rid of these high sack numbers in the last 8 games. What it cost us: 5 sacks.

4) Jordy Nelson: Great receiver, even greater person to show us that we need a new KR/PR. thanks for clarifying that to TT. What it cost us: field position throughout entire game.

5) Josh Bell: How many false starts have been called on special teams this season? What it cost us: field position, Cards would have been backed up in their red zone.

6) The entire defense: I agree that this defense is ranked in the top 3 of the NFL. The top 3 overrated defenses. What it cost us: The whole game.

Well said... I would even add the missed tackles TIME AND TIME again. Did our linebackers come to the game, because I sure didn't see them make a single play. AJ Hawk hasn't been anything close to a number 5 pick, and he has proved that he is going to be slow and take terrible angles to the ball. I really would like to see this addressed in the draft.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty of blame to go around.

To me it all started with M3 not getting this team ready for this game. They came into this game with the same attitude that the came into the the regular season with. All the talking heads saying how great they were and picking them to win and some even to goto the super bowl.

This team thought thier **** didnt stink and they were going to roll over the Cardinals. it tood 2 turn overs on 3 offensive plays and most of the first half for them to figure it out.

The rest I blame on Capers and lack of changing his defensive scheme to adjust to what the offenise is doing.

We have a few great vets on this team, but for the most this is a very young team. The coaching staff did not have this team ready to play today.

And no, I am not a TT, M3 hater. I do not think drastic changes need to be made in the off season.

I think the packers should keep Donald Driver around as long as he wants to play.
I think they should keep Mason Crosby (didnt always think this way)
I think they should keep Bigby and Pay Collins
I think they should not rely on Bush or Bell next year as back ups
We need to draft a speedster who can bust one at anytime on ST's and learn from a true pro like DD

I am disappointed in how this season ended. I thought they would go deep.

I am really looking forward to next year.

marfle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rodgers INT just gave the Cards the momentum the whole game

Just like the Ravens today with the Pats. The difference is that the Pats never got up from their fall and came back. At least the Packs gave the fight i never thought they would after the second half.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree no drastic changes need to be made. But Hawk and Barnett are not the LBs you want in the game against a QB that can throw the ball.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I was just venting my thoughts after the game. Thanx for the input guys. Its just too tiring for me to keep saying this team will be great in the future becausr the future still hasn't come yet. But theres still hope packer fans, there's only hope.

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are you guys ragging on the D? clearly it wasn't their fault they played great.
I especially though Bush was exelent.

It was those stinken guys in red running the wrong way the whole game. what was that about anyway?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are you guys ragging on the D? clearly it wasn't their fault they played great.

It was those stinken guys in red running the wrong way the whole game. what was that about anyway?
for the Pack it was all offense today.
If the D would have kept the Cruds from even just one score, there wouldn't have been an OT.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thats what i was thinking... i think they just scored it wrong ;):crazy::tease:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My list on importance:

1) Kurt Warner: Got to give props to him. What an amazing game. Now the real list:

2) Dom Capers: Say what you want, he was great on regular season, but everytime we faced an elite QB, we got humiliated. It was the D's responsability, and who runs the D? He should absolutely stay, and be given the second chance, though.

3) Ted Thompson: Jarrett Bush gets re-signed, and they don't even approach Chris McCalister? Are you kidding me? He still got credit, but it better not repeat again.

4) Secondary: Capers dialed it wrong, again, but this guys are terrible. Terrible. We just don't have enough good people to cover when teams go spread. It's TT's fault for not getting the personel, but Woodson, Williams, Collins and Bigby should've get it done no matter what. Woodson still did something. The others?

5) Pass rush: we have none. None. Clay Matthews is the oly one who can pass rush. He's double-teamed the whole game, and nobody steps up.

6) Referees. BS, BS and nothing but BS during the whole game, specially the final drive.

7) OL. It was a 3 man rush. A 3 MAN RUSH!

8) Bill Cosby. You suck, old man.

9) Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, you played great. Still, you missed Jennings (partial fault) and didn't get rid of the ball. I know, I know, the D couldn't hold anybody, so punting was not an option. Still...

10) Greg Jennings. Yeah, you played great. I mean, what a catch, that one on the sideline, and in the TD! Still, you stopped a little bit on your route, causing Aaron to overthrow you. You make that, and we're gold...

Here it is, in decrescent order of importance, what I feel are resposible for the loss. It's not the order of who doens't have credit, who should go, or what. I know a lot of those listed here played key roles in us getting so far.

In better words, it's the list, in order, of what caused the loss.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice list PackersRS. Lol at your thoughts on jennings but I wouldn't really trifle with him that much. He played one hell of a game and could've done more in overtime(remember this is the guy that caught that 80 yarder to cap off the broncos game in OT).

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
game is over. packers lost. defense was awful and really didnt look the tiniest bit decent. offense played excellent when it came to getting points back on the board, good play calling. rodgers had one bad pass. with the way the defense was playing it wouldnt of matter. forget the blame game, its over. if anything the officials should not ref another game this playoff for blown calls all over the field for both teams. this sucks. and i broke my ahman figure next to my tv cuz i threw the ball at the wall. and that sucked too. all i know is that we had a great year - one to get the young players a taste. after this gongshow they will want more, and hopefully TT will get some O lineman and depth in the secondary which is desperately needed. rodgers cant take any blame, even in OT. he was mauled twice, both of which could of been flags. I have two requests however, football gods: destroy arizona and minny at all costs. that is all.

this season had so many pros and cons in it, but the bright side is that hopefully this is the last step this young team needed. we will see.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Are we really blaming Rodgers after he led us back into a game we had no business being in?

Are we really blaming Rodgers when the defense gave up 45 points?

****ing ridiculous. Sorry for the language.

Members online

Latest posts