1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Bears

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by DTown SBrown, Nov 18, 2010.

1. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    Sun 9/12 Detroit Lions Detroit (0-0) W 19 - 14
    BARELY WON due to technicality
    Sun 9/19 Dallas Cowboys at Dallas (0-1) W 27 - 20
    Again not a huge win
    Mon 9/27 Green Bay Packers Green Bay (2-0) W 20 - 17
    This was the best game they played combined with our worst
    Sun 10/3 New York Giants at NY Giants (1-2) L 3 - 17 Sun 10/10 Carolina Panthers at Carolina (0-4) W 23 - 6
    Cmon...
    Sun 10/17 Seattle Seahawks Seattle (2-2) L 20 - 23 Sun 10/24 Washington Redskins Washington (3-3) L 14 - 17Bye Sun 11/7 Buffalo Bills at Buffalo (0-7) W 22 - 19
    BARELY against the BILLS... again... CMON...
    Sun 11/14 Minnesota Vikings Minnesota (3-5) W 27 - 13
    Got Favre after we and the Pats injured him
    Thu 11/18 Miami Dolphins at Miami (5-4) W 16 - 0
    3rd string QB + no WR... CMON...
    Sun 11/28 Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia 4:15 pm Sun 12/5 Detroit Lions at Detroit 1:00 pm Sun 12/12 New England Patriots New England 1:00 pm Mon 12/20 Minnesota Vikings at Minnesota 8:30 pm Sun 12/26 New York Jets NY Jets 1:00 pm Sun 1/2 Green Bay Packers at Green Bay 1:00 pm

LOTS of football left
    NOT CONCERNED. SEE YOU in JANUARY
    :chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux:

2. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45
    I'm not going to rule the Bears completely out yet. Yeah they're playing ugly football, but they're getting wins, which is what matters when it comes down to it. They've been fortunate in a lot of their games up to this point but they're not going to apologize for that, nor should they.

That defense is sick, and it's still being overlooked as one of the better units in the league. To shut out anybody on the road is a huge deal. No matter how bad Cutler and the offense play, the Bears are going to be a tough, tough team to beat when their D is in sync like that.

3. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Not at all. Their D is good but it's not great. They've won against bad teams at bad times.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Havners Heroes

Ratings:
    +45
    ^Coming into this game they had the 4th ranked overall D, 2nd in points allowed, and the 2nd ranked run D. They don't schedule their games, so it's not their fault if it's come against bad teams. The fact is that their defense has allowed the 4th fewest yards and second fewest points per game (16) of any team in the league. That's gotta be respected. Oh, and after this performance tonight they'll probably climb in all of those rankings.

Two pro bowl linebackers, an underrated corner, possibly the best defensive end in football, and some other very good players as well. I hate the Bears but they've got the formula right on defense right now.

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Yup
    I agree.

I'll wait and see what happens.
    It's just too damn early and hard to predict what will happen for Da Bears and the Pack, IMO.

6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    As much as I want the Bears to go away, they just aren't. They're winning. Hopefully we have the stones to keep pace.

7. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Eagles
    @ Lions
    Patriots
    @ Vikings
    Jets
    @ Packers

I'll eat my shoe if they win more than 2 games.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    If your 7-3 you are a pretty good team..

I give a rats a@@ who they beat or how, they still are 7-3

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Still, 7-3 is a good team, but damn, how lucky are they to run into Miami tonight? Seems like the stars have kind of aligned for them. Looking more and more like the last game of the season is gonna be a meaningful one at Lambeau when we knock their asses down a peg.

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    The Bears Still Suck?

11. Big Dan

Big Dan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    I gotta say, they're starting to worry me a little. Just a little though. Their defense is very, very good. I won't say great as they are a little weak in the secondary. That being said, their D-line is playing well and their linebackers are indeed great.

Their special teams, as always, are flat-out great. They can win games on special teams.

Their achille's heel has been Cutler and the offense. Even with their defense and special teams, Cutler has found ways to keep games close for the opposition, or to lose games. What worries me, is that he's starting to look a little better in Martz's system. He still makes some bonehead plays, but on the non-bonehead plays, he seems to move them up and down the field pretty good.

The real test will be when he's either under pressure, playing from behind, or both. I look for things to go South for da Bears starting next week at Philly. Philly should beat them handily. If da Bears somehow win that game, by any means, I'll have to say their for real.

12. Bart

Bart Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    +1

:chisux::chisux::chisux:

13. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    they are a bunch of bullshitters. they should have lost to us (we beat ourselves in that game...more penalties than points and the bears still only won by 3), the SHOULD have lost to detriot, talk about robbery, and they faced a little girl version of the dolphins last night. what a bunch of ****.

**** the bears,
    they are gonna get theirs.

14. Canada's #1 Packer Fan

Canada's #1 Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    i agree that 7-3 is good. may be some luck but still good. i don't see more than 2 wins here but as long as they beat philly i would be happy as they are ahead of us in the standings. we will take care of da bears in january is we need to

15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I'm not so worried about them, I'm not ready to write them off, but they are more like a nuisance at this point than an actual problem. I think they are another team that are not as good as their record indicates. Sure they are 7-3 and that does matter, but they are going to get their Bear skins handed to them when they play a high caliber team. Their schedule is brutal the rest of this season. Consider the Miami game. If the Bears were really that good, the final score should of been much higher. A high caliber team would of blown the Dolphins right out of the water. The Bears failed to do that. Sure they looked good, but my local senior citizen Scrabble League would of looked good playing the Dolphins last night. What a perfect opportunity that would of been for the Bears to make a statement. It leads me to believe they are just not that good. Hester, Peppers and occasionally Cutler are their stars. I'm not saying the Bears are without talent or they are a bad team, I'm just saying I don't think they are a great team.

16. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I'm not worried they have to play 3 games away in their divsion and i see these teams wanting pay back,they may have hester and a good d-line okay they may get lucky in the domes,that's where Martz scheme is good just dont think it easy vikes for sure,even with crippled brett.I think the tide will turn.

17. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    The Bears are like last years Broncos they had some pretty close ones, and had some drink their kool-aid and when push comes to shove, well they get bowled over. The biggest reason why not to worry about the Bears, they make the dumbest descisions inside of either 20. Cutler does well when there is no pressure give him pressure and he panics.

I am still thinking God gave the Bears 3 wins this season, versus Detroit, Green Bay, and Dolphins just to stick it to the people who rank teams.

18. Havners Heroes

Ratings:
    +45
    But they DIDN'T lose, did they?

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I think they are a dangerous team, one that could knock off a great team but they are not a SB quality team

Has anyone mentioned they should have lost to Detroit?

20. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Wins get you into the playoffs, not style points. I don't care who they beat or how they beat them or by how many points, right now the Bears are first in our division and we're second. Even if we win this weekend, we're still second.

BTW, I posted this on the other thread, but it might be more fitting here- If you didn't see it, here is Peppers stealing Rodgers' belt celebration:

NFL Videos: Peppers gets his second sack

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Thats worth fighting over IMO

22. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Using the words "Should have" when it comes to winning and losing is to look for some kind of moral victory. The bottom line is the Bears won.

If we hadn't blown the game against the Bears, we would be 7-2 right now and the Bears would have just earned 6-4. Really, that's the difference in the season thus far. We need to make sure we keep pace with Chicago so hopefully that final game of the season won't matter.

23. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Oh yeah, totally disrespectful, especially in a game where they're not even playing us.

24. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Lovie Smith:
    IDK Seifert said it best I think:

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I rarely say a team should have won. Because I think its stupid to say because the team didnt but when someone catches a Game Winning TD and its ruled incomplete I have a problem with it. Bears fans will admit it.