The Ball First, Or Choice Of Direction.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Coin Toss
Descriptions of the method of conducting the pre-game coin toss and the choices involved

1. The toss of coin will take place within three minutes of kickoff in center of field. The toss will be called by the visiting captain. The winner may choose one of two privileges and the loser gets the other:

(a) Receive or kick

(b) Goal his team will defend

2. Immediately prior to the start of the second half, the captains of both teams must inform the officials of their respective choices. The loser of the original coin toss gets first choice.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me, i would say......"We'll take the ball, and we're gonna SCORE!!!!" :lol: :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like some others here, I think teams that win the coin toss should defer more often. I didn't like the Packers getting the ball first on that slick field last week. But I guess it's a non-issue because teams that win the coin toss ALWAYS take the ball in the NFL. That's just the way it is.

For this game, I don't think the field will be slick, so it won't matter much either way.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Raider Pride said:
Yah? We took the ball last week and were down 14 points in 4 minutes.

RP, I think you'll agree that the Giants are by far a more dangerous running team than a passing team.

If the Packers can get out to an early lead, right away you put some pressure on the Giants to pass more than they would like. You put the game in Eli's hands, make him become more of a play maker than game manager.

That's when he is susceptible to making bad plays, namely INTs.

You have to receive, with the hope being you score on your first drive and then soon after, getting out to a two TD lead (maybe three TD lead if things are really clicking on all 3 phases).

I will admit the Giants rushing attack worries me, and scoring early and reasonably often will limit the damage the Giants would do running the ball.

Ah, logic.
Thank you.

What I would like to see - Packers come out with an early lead. Giants have to play catchup and abandon the run game. If it's Favre vs Eli in a shootout, guess who wins by 20+ points?

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to kick first. I hate kicking off the 2nd half. If we're trailing, the other team could put together a 7-8 minute drive to drain the clock. I HATE when that happens.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to kick first. I hate kicking off the 2nd half. If we're trailing, the other team could put together a 7-8 minute drive to drain the clock. I HATE when that happens.

It won't happen. It will be a non-issue.

If we win the coin toss, we should receive. Then score. Then keep padding the lead. Then bring in Aaron Rodgers and Brandon Jackson in the 4th Quarter. Take out Driver and Jennings too and actually throw some balls to Robinson, Jones, and R Martin. I want to see everyone in on the fun.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since wind is predicted to be 4-6 mph from what I have read it should not be as much of a factor as the cold.
I say recieve the football, I don't want to see our offense standing around getting cold.

Members online

Latest posts