1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

the BAFA

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by scotscheese, Jun 9, 2014.

1. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    ie the British American Fottball Association

i was quite pleased to hear a wee while back that there was a new team in my hometown that had been started up, and had been accepted into the BAFA, the last team we had in Aberdeen(the granite city oilers) disbanded in 1995.

anyway i attended my first ever american football game yesterday, unfortunately we got humped 46-0 by the clyde valley blackhawks(****** weegies), but my team the Aberdeen Roughnecks showed enough to me that thay have some talent and can play a bit. they also post regularly on facebook that new players are welcome, should i at 34 embark in a new career of american fitba?

2. Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers 1. FC Eintracht Bamberg

Ratings:
    +617
    Go for it!

3. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    Why not? Go for it ! :tup: Defense or Offense ? What position ? :cautious:;)

4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Hell yeah, go for it. If my left knee wasnt shot (thanks USMC), I would be playing for our local semi-pro team.

5. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    in all honesty, i've no idea what position. given my physical state(size) probably a lineman of some sort, but i do have a safe pair of hands being a goalkeeper, and have excellent coverage of short distances, and built quite powerfully

6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    If I were you, I would try out at full back. You sound like a big guy that can move well and has decent hands.

7. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    thanks for the suggestion oshkosh, i could go for the crowd chanting kuuuuuhnnnnnnnn at me lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    ok, so i attended my first training session at the weekend, was working out with the linemen of the team. and while i seemed to get through it ok, with just my legs being a bit sore, and me breathing through me arse due to general fitness, my knee has now given up on me two days later, got to rest it up for 2/3 days and not do any excercise on it for 2/3 weeks, which rules me out of the last training session before christmas

9. Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers 1. FC Eintracht Bamberg

Ratings:
    +617

Bummer man.

10. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +795
    Dang, doesnt sound like a good start for a promising football career ;)

11. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,304
    34 is kind of old for a body to take the punishment of American Football. But at least you gave it a try and won't look back with regrets because you didn't try.

12. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    i think i need to try and get my general fitness improved before they start their training camp after new year, then i might have a chance of being able to cope physically

it's the hardest i've pushed myself for a long time so hoping some regular excercise will help condition my body a bit, and there are older players in the squad already, but they are generally fitter than i am