The Arrogance of Some of You

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
The season is over! That's great it starts with an earthquake, birds, snakes, an airplane......

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Val--a true fan. There aren't many of you in Minnesota. Most years, the ave. Vike fan is now interested in hockey. Hats off to your team--they are playing solid football. Looking forward to the 2 games in December either to solidify our playoff spot, or knock you out of yours.

I'll be perfectly honest and blunt. I think the schedule sucks. I want to see one game versus each of our NFC North brethren once in the first half of the season and face them again at the very end of the season. The league office should spread them out better. You guys have talent that more than half the league wish they had. You'll go into Houston with a new fire under your *****, figure out a way to corral Foster and stop those damned trap plays, slow down Johnson and not let the receivers off the line without a bump to their timing routes, pressure on Schaub (pressure, pressure and more pressure), not allow J.J. Watt to disrupt your OL and get into the backfield before the play develops, keep the DB's honest on the play action, and control the tempo of the game. Houston is starting to believe their own hype... Hype = Overconfidence. Overconfidence kills.

These four losses could hurt your overall chances to squeak into the playoffs, but don't despair. I have faith in Purple and you have faith in Green and Gold. The Packers will squeak out some wins regardless of injuries and set backs. The Bears will have their typical mid-to-late season crash and drop 4 or 5 because on injury and stupid play, with Cutler's attitude taking them down even further. Lions will drop a bunch more due to a lack of personal (not personnel, well that too in the secondary) and professional discipline to properly play the game to its fullest degree. The Vikings have matched up pretty well with a solid gameplan and control the short game, boring type of offense the 49ers made so famous a few decades ago. It works with their current roster. I think against stronger opponents they will have their problems and drop a few games, but for the most part, we have a patsy schedule.

I see the NFC North by seasons end looking like this:

Chicago 1o-6
Green Bay 9-7
Minnesota 9-7
Detroit 7-9

No Wild Card team from the North. Too many close battles in the East and West will eat up those spots. Atlanta will get the nod from the South.

My puerile brain has had enough... lol

~Val

P.S. - I hate hockey. I eat, breath, bleed and live football all year round. Heheheheh

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go...the underpinnings are being set by the wingnuts to "Fire Ted Thompson and Fire Mike McCarthy". No one can make all the right decisions all the time. New England is the gold standard for competitive NFL football and when was the last time they were in the Super Bowl?
Here's a shocker to some: we can't will all the time.
Consider yourselves fortunate that the Packers have been among the highest winning teams in the NFL over the past 20+ years.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Here we go...the underpinnings are being set by the wingnuts to "Fire Ted Thompson and Fire Mike McCarthy". No one can make all the right decisions all the time. New England is the gold standard for competitive NFL football and when was the last time they were in the Super Bowl?
Here's a shocker to some: we can't will all the time.
Consider yourselves fortunate that the Packers have been among the highest winning teams in the NFL over the past 20+ years.

Oh, and don't forget all the 4natics who will say Rodgers just plain sucks. (The same ones who were strangely absent last year
).

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be perfectly honest and blunt. I think the schedule sucks. I want to see one game versus each of our NFC North brethren once in the first half of the season and face them again at the very end of the season. The league office should spread them out better. You guys have talent that more than half the league wish they had. You'll go into Houston with a new fire under your *****, figure out a way to corral Foster and stop those damned trap plays, slow down Johnson and not let the receivers off the line without a bump to their timing routes, pressure on Schaub (pressure, pressure and more pressure), not allow J.J. Watt to disrupt your OL and get into the backfield before the play develops, keep the DB's honest on the play action, and control the tempo of the game. Houston is starting to believe their own hype... Hype = Overconfidence. Overconfidence kills.

These four losses could hurt your overall chances to squeak into the playoffs, but don't despair. I have faith in Purple and you have faith in Green and Gold. The Packers will squeak out some wins regardless of injuries and set backs. The Bears will have their typical mid-to-late season crash and drop 4 or 5 because on injury and stupid play, with Cutler's attitude taking them down even further. Lions will drop a bunch more due to a lack of personal (not personnel, well that too in the secondary) and professional discipline to properly play the game to its fullest degree. The Vikings have matched up pretty well with a solid gameplan and control the short game, boring type of offense the 49ers made so famous a few decades ago. It works with their current roster. I think against stronger opponents they will have their problems and drop a few games, but for the most part, we have a patsy schedule.

Chicago 1o-6
Green Bay 9-7
Minnesota 9-7
Detroit 7-9

No Wild Card team from the North. Too many close battles in the East and West will eat up those spots. Atlanta will get the nod from the South.

~Val

P.S. - I hate hockey. I eat, breath, bleed and live football all year round. Heheheheh
Hope you're right about Houston--they look tough, and we are not playing tough football. I think you're right about 10 and 6 winning the division--but I don't see Chicago doing it. Their defense will break down as the old guys slow down, or get hurt--it's a young man's game and I think the Vikes will finish above Chicago; just behind our Packers. I hope.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Anyone notice certain posters only make passionate posts and posts of note during losses?

I'd pick apart the initial post but its been done for the most part already

I talked about how bad our defense was last year after almost every game. I also talked at length about the need for some type of run game that yielded production, but I frequently was told, not in this exact context, but to basically shut my ungrateful mouth and be happy that we were winning games and were undefeated.

Stuff like that, along with a lot of this forum not being my type of atmosphere not related to pure football talk is part of the reason I haven't posted here as much.

A lot of people here like to stick their head in the sand, and that's cool. I'm not one of those people.

I'm a realist.

I am by no means giving up on my team or am going to jump the bandwagon. I'm just pointing out some very obvious flaws that some perceived to not be a problem.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I talked about how bad our defense was last year after almost every game. I also talked at length about the need for some type of run game that yielded production, but I frequently was told, not in this exact context, but to basically shut my ungrateful mouth and be happy that we were winning games and were undefeated.

Stuff like that, along with a lot of this forum not being my type of atmosphere not related to pure football talk is part of the reason I haven't posted here as much.

A lot of people here like to stick their head in the sand, and that's cool. I'm not one of those people.

I'm a realist.

I am by no means giving up on my team or am going to jump the bandwagon. I'm just pointing out some very obvious flaws that some perceived to not be a problem.
I don't know how else to point this out....

To me, this is sorta an arrogant post (Along the lines of "I told you so!") started by a guy who is calling some of the fans arrogant.

This place is full of good vibes and optimism. And if you or anyone else doesn't feel like they fit in, well, those fans aren't missed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, because one good game erases all the mishaps/blown coverages/bad playcalling/missed assignments/poor tackling/poor pass blocking in previous games.

Hindsight bias much?

You waited to say told you so..And at the perfect time..

Now THEY are saying told you so.

So why can't they do it, but you can?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, because one good game erases all the mishaps/blown coverages/bad playcalling/missed assignments/poor tackling/poor pass blocking in previous games.

Hindsight bias much?

You predicted doom for the Houston game. That was not the case, therefore the "FAIL" post was warranted.

Guess the sky isn't falling after all though.

I mean of we were as bad as you think we are we wouldn't have marched into arguably the best team in the NFLs home and dismantled them top to bottom. Even with the injuries piling up. Guess that speaks to Ted and his ability to create depth on this roster.

Yeah, in Ted I still trust.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in the Western part of our world, there is shame to admit when one is wrong.
We have too much pride in ourselves that we have to be right all the time.
It shouldn't be that way.
I feel better or more respect towards those who won't let their ego get in the way of their humility.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some of us it does for the here and now.
We needed this win to forget the bad and to remind us how good the Packers still are.

Reaction score

Chicago 1o-6
Green Bay 9-7
Minnesota 9-7
Detroit 7-9

~Val

I disagree on that NFC North standing. If we get it together right now we can take the division. Chicago actually has some real games ahead of them and we've already kicked the crap out of them once. GB is better than their record indicates and tonights game may have turned things around. We play better when we're down. I think the 49ers are being exposed this year. MN will not have as many wins as us.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
I called the win... Green Bay had a fire lit under their ***** and blew past the Texans. Not that I was happy about it mind you, but I am realistic. Houston believed all the hype they were THE team to beat in the NFL. Not any more. Eyes are falling on Atlanta right now... but to be honest, they will falter as the season goes on.

Stupid Prediction of the Day.: The Cleveland Browns will win the rest of their games and cruise through the playoffs by shutting out the Ravens, Texans and Patriots by scores of 26-0, 33-0, and 48-0. They will step into the Super Bowl with this improbable winning streak and narrowly defeat the surprising Carolina Panthers 4-2. Yeah the Browns will not only score two safeties to start the game, but will only allow the Panthers 6 yards rushing on 28 carries and Newton will throw for 16 yards and 6 INTs. The Panthers saving grace of nit being shut out will come after a punt is muffed in the end zone by the Browns and kicked through the back of the end zone. Neither team will have a first down and all penalties will be offensive holding. The Super Bowl will go down as the largest disappointment in all of sports history since the game is being played just as a freak class 5 hurricane (happens to be called Roger) develops in the Gulf and heads towards New Orleans. The game continues without a crowd (having been evacuated) and a single replacement referee. Empty stadium and two teams no one cares about effectively kills the NFL's stranglehold on the United States and to take its place as the best in sports entertainment? MONDAY NIGHT RAW! Yep, Vince McMahon is back and stronger than ever as he defeats Roger Goodell in a Loser Leave Sports Industry Match. WWE Sunday Flag Football with fake hits, fake cheerleaders and fake touchdowns takes over our Sundays and folds halfway through the season to be replaced by Full Contact Golf starring current PGA golf stars playing the game while being chased and injured by former out-of-work NFL football players.

Just a thought from my puerile brain....

~Val

Members online

Latest posts