The Arrogance of Some of You

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction- we're 3-2. I don't care what the records say, we f***ing beat Seattle. *

*I know the record is official and is all that matters, but I refuse to acknowledge the game against Seattle as a loss. It wasn't. We won.

Ok, if 3-2 makes you feel better about this team.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers remind me of the team that was beaten by Detroit in week 12 2010, then someone or something lit a fire under them while playing well enough to beat New England before finishing with wins against The Giants and Bears to squeak into the playoffs and onto # 13. This team has enough talent to beat anyone, but they have to play like they mean it, not just show up. Pretty pathetic offensive and defensive effort in the 2nd half today.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Ted We Trust, Indeed.

Seriously, we're overrating this guy. We win a single SB under his management with a record of 10-6 where we barely made it in and suddenly he's Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Jesus of Nazareth didn't win any Super Bowls that I can recall... Perhaps his Super Bowl wins were recorded in some deuterocanonical material that I haven't gotten to yet.

And you know that Jesus was crucified right? Would that make your post a self-fulfilling prophecy?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone notice certain posters only make passionate posts and posts of note during losses?

I'd pick apart the initial post but its been done for the most part already

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I see it:

Our Offense: There is no mistake that the offense isn't playing at the level of last season and if you wonder why just look at the loss of 2 people (Scott Wells & Greg Jennings). Wells solidified the line and made the calls and though Saturday has been a Pro Bowler he hasn't meshed all that well in Green Bay as yet. There is too much confusion right now. Jennings is the spark that makes the passing game go. He makes everyone of the other receivers better so your getting a look at how this offense will look after Jennings. Trying to plug Finley in and make him a star hasn't worked he is much too inconsistent. Also, because of the intent to force the pass and not take advantage and adjust the offensive scheme by running more has played directly into the hands of the coordinators who are designing their game plans to take away the deep pass (just look at the Seattle Game - 2nd Half). Why not run more?

Our Defense: This unit is just Soft which is very frustrating. Defense is more then just creating turnovers which they have done with interceptions. They as a unit don't strike "any type of fear" into teams they are going up against. Outside of a few individual players (Mathews, Raji, Picket) their front seven just isn't very good. They are not physical enough! In a base 3-4 defense the linebackers have to be the force that drives the unit but we only have 1 guy (Mathews) who makes plays. There was one play in the Indy game down near the end of the game where Luck ran up the middle near the goal line to pick up a first down. Both DJ Smith & McMillan had a chance to unload on him and neither did. He should never just be able to just get right up when running down near our goal line. This shows me this is a unit that isn't going to make an opponent pay when they try and make a play.

Someone or something needs to instill some energy to help (Mathews, Raji, Pickett, Woodson, & Williams) because right now this unit sucks the way they are playing. If you ask me what type of energy then just think back to the time when Green Bay's defense needed a lift and they inserted Tim Harris (LB) & Chuck Cecil (S) and both of them were Physical and would knock the Hell out of the opponents.

I tired of our Defense being "Good Citizens"! They need to get Nasty, Mean and Physical already and start "executing" their game plan. Mostly they need to start helping the Offense for a change because week to week they " Suck".

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Starting mid-late last season. Some people refused to acknowledge this teams glaring weaknesses because we happened to be winning and scoring at will.

Nobody complained a whole lot about our abysmal defense because we happened to be forcing turnovers.

Not many people, if any were on board with the fact that we needed some semblance of a ground game that could yield more than 30 yards a game, especially with how bad our offensive line has been getting.

Saying we didn't need a run game because our passing game was so good. Thinking that nobody would figure out how to stop us, once again when we already have a hard enough time protecting the franchise.

In Ted We Trust, Indeed.

Seriously, we're overrating this guy. We win a single SB under his management with a record of 10-6 where we barely made it in and suddenly he's Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The mark of great players, coaches, managers, and personnel in this league is consistency.

We draft 2 OL in the first round of the last 3 drafts and still have a porous line. Although Sherrod is injured so I'll let that slide a little.

God knows how many defensive players drafted this year. Yet it's still the same defense. Solid against the run, mediocre against the pass and straight up awful on 3rd down. 3rd down and long and it's an automatic first down because receivers and tight ends are running wide open down the field for easy conversions. Maybe Capers isn't that great.

Our offensive line can't protect. Newhouse is a human turnstile and Bulaga has regressed a great deal.

We let Philbin walk and given our offensive woes, I think we may have underestimated how important he was to this team and our preparation.

MM has no poise when the going gets rough. He panics and completely abandons the run when we get behind or even worse when a team starts to nip a our heels on the scoreboard. Pass, Pass, Pass every down. It's not wonder with our line and the playcalling that Rodgers can't stay upright for more than 2 seconds. In the Seattle game MM is calling play-action passes when he's yet to give Ced a single carry and then stands there bewildered on the sideline when the defense doesn't bite on the fake and Rodgers is on the turf.

Now granted our offensive struggles might have a bit to do with Jenning's issues, but even when our receivers are all in there, we have nobody that can beat press coverage. Our offense is pure finesse with the exception of Nelson and that's not saying a whole lot. No physical presence at all.

Rodgers is also no saint. It would be nice if he'd just throw the ball out of bounds instead of taking a sack every time there is pressure. I'm starting to question how important his stats are to him. Our receivers are already having a hard enough time catching the football. But then instead of throwing it out of bounds and keep the drive manageable he takes a 6 yard sack and digs us in a hole, wherein we then call a WR screen that goes for nothing.

I don't feel good, rightfully about the rest of this season. Especially if these injuries to Raji and Benson are significant.

And with our pass protection, MM playcalling and Benson's status. I fear a shitload of sacks and possible injury to Rodgers next week when we play Houston.

/rant
He abandoned the run with an 18 point lead. If you can't run, no one will buy into a play action pass.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still early. We aren't even half way done and already some are ready to call it quits and give up on this year's team.
Well, if you want to, that's your prerogative.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still early. We aren't even half way done and already some are ready to call it quits and give up on this year's team.
Well, if you want to, that's your prerogative.

Fans get emotional and rash after a bad loss like this and say such things all the time, and by Thursday they're focused on the next game.

There's no question that this team has some real problems right now. We should have put INDY away and we couldn't do it. Instead we fell flat on our faces in the 2nd half. Rodgers throws a game-changing INT off the bat, the OL goes on a walkabout once again, and our defense lets their offense run and pass all over the field.

It's just that there were very few bright spots to build on after this loss. For me, one of the biggest problems is the OL. From what I gather, Sitton and Lang are solid, Newhouse has been ok, but Saturday and Bulaga have been just bad. Not to mention our TEs not blocking well. With Rodgers not exactly on target, a bad OL just makes it all look worse.

Last week the OL was good, this week bad, against Seattle bad. If this team is going to go anywhere, this OL has to get better. If it doesn't, I don't see how we make the playoffs this season.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting mid-late last season. Some people refused to acknowledge this teams glaring weaknesses because we happened to be winning and scoring at will.

Nobody complained a whole lot about our abysmal defense because we happened to be forcing turnovers.

Not many people, if any were on board with the fact that we needed some semblance of a ground game that could yield more than 30 yards a game, especially with how bad our offensive line has been getting.

Saying we didn't need a run game because our passing game was so good. Thinking that nobody would figure out how to stop us, once again when we already have a hard enough time protecting the franchise.

In Ted We Trust, Indeed.

Seriously, we're overrating this guy. We win a single SB under his management with a record of 10-6 where we barely made it in and suddenly he's Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The mark of great players, coaches, managers, and personnel in this league is consistency.
The arrogance of you.

Yes Ted won a SB. And 28 teams would kill to be able to say that over the last 5 years.

There are 31 other teams striving to make the same goal. You think it is an easy task? And you arrogantly sit here spouting off after the fact, in hindsight, smugly critiquing the moves the Packers have made. Your ignorance of what it takes to win in the NFL is appalling.

2010 SB year there were your ilk about when we didn't start well. Demanding TT and MM be fired. If you would have had your way, fired MM and TT then, we would likely be sitting here with 75% of the NFL fans and hoping your team makes the playoffs one of these years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you are just as quick to shout "everyone sucks" as you are Super Bowl when we start 1-0 some years. It's ridiculous to say we blow or that we're playing like a super bowl contender. Right now we've got issues, no one is hiding that, not MM, not Capers, not any of the players....but to start stating everyone sucks is the most absurd thing I've read since political write up about this year's candidates for prez.

Seriously, the defense is better, I just don't think Capers schemed right at all for Indy. We should have slid over on Wayne and made Luck beat us elsewhere!

Losing Raji, Benson, Finley and Jennings for a game is a huge loss. Add in Bishop's not out there like we all thought he'd be and we are not the team we thought we'd be...that said it is "next man up" mentality that has to come through.

I'd like to say the Packers are facing perhaps the biggest gut check time they've had in recent years. They have to take 3 of the next 4 weeks to have a shot at anything this year....anything else and at best we'll be playing the "spoiler" role.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone notice certain posters only make passionate posts and posts of note during losses?

Only feel the need to post when they feel they were right in pre season...so they can come back and say told you so..

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take all of my statements back....okay, not really, but James Jones seems to think it was the players and nothing else:
Jones said he didn’t see the Colts doing much different schematically in the second half as they slowed the Packers down after Green Bay’s 21-point first half.
“Nothing really different,” he said. “I believe it was miscommunication by us, lack of focus by us, not coming out and playing as well as we could. We all know we left a lot of plays out there.”
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...as-weird/947fdb5d-cf28-48fe-9e60-6a48c65b6d2f

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The arrogance of you.

Yes Ted won a SB. And 28 teams would kill to be able to say that over the last 5 years.

There are 31 other teams striving to make the same goal. You think it is an easy task? And you arrogantly sit here spouting off after the fact, in hindsight, smugly critiquing the moves the Packers have made. Your ignorance of what it takes to win in the NFL is appalling.

2010 SB year there were your ilk about when we didn't start well. Demanding TT and MM be fired. If you would have had your way, fired MM and TT then, we would likely be sitting here with 75% of the NFL fans and hoping your team makes the playoffs one of these years.
When I read some of the opinions and knee jerk reactions on here, it makes me glad that we are here and the coaches and other Packers personal are there.
No one on this forum is qualified to work for the Packers. And from some of the stuff I read on here that is an AWESOME thing.

BigBluePride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is still a lot of football to be played this year. Relax and enjoy the season.

It seems that Arod is frustrated when his first read is taken away by the oppossing defense and he is uncpmfortable. He is not throwing the ball away when he should and just seems really flustered out there. He needs to relax.

MM has pretty much abandoned the run game and that is bad. Even if you are not running the ball well you still need a commited run game to keep the other teams defense honest.

Let the MNF call in the Seattle game. I have seen some of my fellow NY Giants fans still bringing up the blown calls in the regular season game against you guys last year and I am going to tell you the same thing I tell them and that is that bad calls arr a part of the game and unfortunately they cost us games sometimes. It is okay to br upset about them for a little while but let it go because you will make yourself miserable if you obbsess over it.

You folks are 2-3 and have a chance to make a statment by beating a top team this week and climbing back to 500. You folks have a great organization and altough you are struggling now, you still have a top tier QB that still has time to bring it together. Just havr some faith and enjoy your season. I am sure you will be competing for a playoff spot by seasons end.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you are just as quick to shout "everyone sucks" as you are Super Bowl when we start 1-0 some years. It's ridiculous to say we blow or that we're playing like a super bowl contender. Right now we've got issues, no one is hiding that, not MM, not Capers, not any of the players....but to start stating everyone sucks is the most absurd thing I've read since political write up about this year's candidates for prez.

Seriously, the defense is better, I just don't think Capers schemed right at all for Indy. We should have slid over on Wayne and made Luck beat us elsewhere!

Losing Raji, Benson, Finley and Jennings for a game is a huge loss. Add in Bishop's not out there like we all thought he'd be and we are not the team we thought we'd be...that said it is "next man up" mentality that has to come through.

I'd like to say the Packers are facing perhaps the biggest gut check time they've had in recent years. They have to take 3 of the next 4 weeks to have a shot at anything this year....anything else and at best we'll be playing the "spoiler" role.
Its okay to say people had a bad game because the do. To say they suck is overboard.

I sarcastically posted we should trade AR for a 2nd round pick before his value drops farther. Shocked that people may have actually took it seriously.

The thing is, we probably have the best record in the NFL over the last 40 games. You cannot do that if your team is bereft of talent. Its there. Why we aren't playing better is anybodies guess. I personally think its more coaching than anything. I know AR has not appeared as sharp to me as he did last year. I don't think its the loss of our OC, but its the new QB and WR coaches causing the most issues.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
No question this was a horse-sized pill and was bitter to boot as we swallow it.
I'm okay with all the rants, it's what some fans do but I'd like to point out a few things:
TT: Are you for real? This is a championship caliber roster and it will show at some point.
MM: He does seem reluctant to change at times but I'll point out something else out under offense.
DC: Why do all the stat mongers always go back to the numbers? It's been said that historically DC has regressed as time goes on in his defenses. So? Would he kick butt if he went to another team for a couple of years? Let's recognize that it's an entirely new defense this year right? He's starting over.
Joe Philbin: Really? First off we didn't let him walk, he had an offer to be HC, nobody is going to retain an OC when a HC position is offered. Second, does anybody here really believe he was the genius behind last year's offense?
Offense: Even in the preseason you heard MM and Rodgers talking about the run game and how they were going to feature that. It was the entire off season's focus. Then Starks gets turf toe so we grab Benson, almost like a rookie for our offense and move forward. It's not so easy to go from a pass-centric attack to a balanced offense, especially with someone who has to learn the offense from scratch. But it is what the Packers intended all off season and were then saddled with unless their offseason goals were to be abandoned.
My only question is why Starks was held out this game but I get it. Turf toe lingers and Starks hasn't been the model of health. Benson has been durable if anything. Still, you lose Benson, who has become a focused part of our offense and Jennings you have to do some adjusting. I laugh when people ridicule the WRs. Yea, they suck!!!
Defense: Capers is coaching several rookies playing prominent roles. Walden has switched sides and the secondary is just learning the ropes. I'm amazed that fans expect an immediate improvement. Yes, they are better and their personnel are better. But McMillian is a rookie. Tough road to *** there. Would you rather have Charlie Peprah? At least McMillian is learning as he plays. He will improve as the season progresses. We have no reason to expect the "second year bump" to happen mid-season do we? Perry, changing from down DL to up OLB while also adapting to NFL play. Yea, TT sure stunk up that pick, he should be Clay by now right?
Notice how much better Tramon is without the sling? Do you question at all how good the secondary might be if House doesn't have a sling? So insert a rookie (Hayward). Sam Shields is coming along. Remember he only had one year of college CB experience and was an UDFA. Not to shabby right? Would you rather see Bush?
Hawk is playing better than I've seen in a long time, DJ Smith is getting better but he's not Bishop. Raji gets injured. No other big guys to take his place.
Benson, Finley, Raji all get injured. These guys aren't fill-ins. They are vital cogs of our team. They are the Packers stars. I know, I know... next man up but really?
I'm a fan like the rest of you here but honestly, did you think they'd be 15-1 again and waltz into the playoffs and win it all in convincing fashion? With the changes they made this is a very different team and it will take time to make it all meld, and yes, I have full confidence the coaching staff will get it done. In time for the playoffs? I don't know but by season's end they will be dominant.
And what in the hell does "arrogant" mean when it comes to fans? Not a one of us (not that I know if anyway) is part of the staff of the Packers or an other NFL team. So I'm arrogant if I perceive my team as a potential contender? I should have written them off before the season? Or when? After the Seattle debacle?
My son has grown up seeing mostly success as a Packer fan. He takes it for granted at times but I remind him how miserable it can be when your hopes for the season hinge on beating the Bears. Chin up folks, this is a talented team with a great coaching staff and a superb FO and monstrous potential for the rest of the season.
The Packers lost in 2010 to the 2-10 Lions in week 14. Then they lost the next week and went undefeated to make the playoffs and an improbable run of three road games against the 1,2,3 seeds and the Super Bowl. If you want to write off the season that's up to you but I'm looking forward to the Texans.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And what in the hell does "arrogant" mean when it comes to fans? Not a one of us (not that I know if anyway) is part of the staff of the Packers or an other NFL team. So I'm arrogant if I perceive my team as a potential contender? I should have written them off before the season? Or when? After the Seattle debacle?

I don't get the title of this thread either.
How is a fan being arrogant for loving his winning team and the personal behind it? :unsure:

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Injuries to Finley, Raji and Benson hurts. Banged up receiving corp hurts. Revamping an offensive line hurts. The Seattle debacle hurts. Your attitudes toward your team hurts.

Mind you, I am a life-time Vikings fan, but I, like you am also a life-time football fan. Don't give up on your team or think just because you've lost a few game early on that you can't recover. Even through last years crappy Vikings season, I never lost faith in my team. Once eliminated from playoff contention, we could then play the spoiler.

Keep your heads up and don't give up. There is a lot of football yet to be played this season.

~Val

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Val--a true fan. There aren't many of you in Minnesota. Most years, the ave. Vike fan is now interested in hockey. Hats off to your team--they are playing solid football. Looking forward to the 2 games in December either to solidify our playoff spot, or knock you out of yours.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction- we're 3-2. I don't care what the records say, we f***ing beat Seattle. *

*I know the record is official and is all that matters, but I refuse to acknowledge the game against Seattle as a loss. It wasn't. We won.

As much as the refs robbed Green bay of that game, I can't be that upset when you can only score 12 points. Yes the refs got it wrong but the packers put themselves in that position to begin with. Actually stop them from moving the ball and that call wouldn't have been a factor.

Houston and San Francisco is how a 3-4 needs to be run. They play physical and mean, the packers don't.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season has so far become a mix between the 2008 season, starting games big, just can't finish and the 2010 season tough loses early on and many mistakes and a lot of injuries. Hopefully this season will end like 2010 did not like '08. I think before week 6 MM will have it figured out make the proper adjustments and then start to get back on track.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Ouch - you know you are looking poor to the rest of the NFL when a Vikings fan tells you to keep your chin up.
Thanks Val, I'm not going to rain on your parade. Enjoy the season and SKOL. See you in the playoffs? :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts