The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of what Rodgers could’ve done, he is still one of the best to play the game. I’m not alone on that either. I’d imagine he’s in the consensus top 10 QB’s since SB history and he’s not done adding to that ranking. Sorry to be frank but as long as we’re being critical, I really don’t think he owes you an apology (or anyone else).

Im just glad I’m not a fan of the 12 teams that have zero SB’s. We have a respectable 4 Lombardi’s and still have a fan base that whines like a baby with an empty bottle (trust me I know you’re not alone) As a whole, We’re probably the top 3 most thankless franchises. So there’s that.
There is remorse in some of us because we have given the guy so much grief but then again that paycheck he got kinda makes you put things into perspective. So the million dollar question is does the guy really care about another Lombardi or just playing the fiddle.
While I wouldn't say the franchise itself is thankless, many of the 30 and under fans, at least that I know, take winning for granted. After all, it is pretty much all they have seen or can remember. I also think some fans don't quite understand just how difficult it is to not just get to a Super Bowl, but win one too. Unfortunately, recent history has also skewed that viewpoint thanks to Tom Brady, as well as the Patriots.

The Packer organization has been awesome the last 25+ years, thanks in large part to 2 HOF QB's, but also for the most part, good management.
Seems like a blessing and a curse at the same time.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
While I wouldn't say the franchise itself is thankless, many of the 30 and under fans, at least that I know, take winning for granted. After all, it is pretty much all they have seen or can remember. I also think some fans don't quite understand just how difficult it is to not just get to a Super Bowl, but win one too. Unfortunately, recent history has also skewed that viewpoint thanks to Tom Brady, as well as the Patriots.

The Packer organization has been awesome the last 25+ years, thanks in large part to 2 HOF QB's, but also for the most part, good management.
They had 2 HOF QB's because of management.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
They had 2 HOF QB's because of management.
Aaron Rodgers falling into Thompson's lap is a bit of a stroke of luck. He deserves credit for pulling the trigger, but lets not pretend like he took a leap of faith in selecting a QB that many thought would go #1 overall.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
20 other teams didn't pull that trigger.
It's more of an indictment on those teams.

Like I said, I'll give Thompson credit for having the cojones to pull the trigger with Favre on the roster. It was wildly unpopular at the time, and many were livid, similar to the Love selection.

But it was still a #1 overall prospect that was a gift at #24.

And really, McCarthy and his staff deserve a lot of credit for reshaping his throwing motion, and sort of recreating his mechanics to a degree. I'd never that that away.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
except that love was never thought to be a #1 overall prospect and love didn't fall into gute's lap - he gave away a 4th round pick to jump up and grab him. i'm not sure how "similar" that is.
I agree with this point, I just meant they were similar, in that, they were both "unpopular". They were definitely a very different set of circumstances.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this point, I just meant they were similar, in that, they were both "unpopular". They were definitely a very different set of circumstances.
Was it that unpopular? As you said, it was a very different set of circumstances. On the forums I was on at the time, I mainly remember Vikings and Bears fans trolling us about how we got stuck with this player we didn't need because we "had to take him".

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Was it that unpopular? As you said, it was a very different set of circumstances. On the forums I was on at the time, I mainly remember Vikings and Bears fans trolling us about how we got stuck with this player we didn't need because we "had to take him".
Listening to anything those morons have to say isn't overly wise ;)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except that love was never thought to be a #1 overall prospect and love didn't fall into gute's lap - he gave away a 4th round pick to jump up and grab him. i'm not sure how "similar" that is.
You didn't mention that Love's career hasn't even started.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If 20 teams passed on him just who were these people who thought he would go #1?
Well the team that drafted Alex Smith #1 overall for one. It was reported several days before the draft that the 49ers had spoken to both Smith and Rodgers’ agents trying to come to a pre draft contract agreement. Supposedly a tentative deal was made with Smith… but not with Rodgers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

TT didn't have the benefit of hindsight when he made the (correct) decision to keep younger, key cogs to the DL & AR-weapons. Releasing a 37 year old Safety was the logical choice.

Agreed. I'm not criticizing Thompson for letting Woodson walk away at that point. Unfortunately it didn't work out though.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the 49ers expected Rodgers to go #1 even though they were not going to draft him at #1. Now that is some weird .................

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers doesn't care about GB

Rodgers doesn't care about winning

Rodgers wants to sabotage the Packers

Trade Rodgers!!

Am I doing this right?

Members online

Latest posts