The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I trust those 3 players and all 3 have said publicly GB did not attempt to retain them...other than the nelson vet minimum offer which i think most agree was in poor taste
So what? Those 3 players aren't on the management team and tasked with building and maintaining the roster. For all we know, there may have been consensus around the table that it was time to move on from all three of them. No one defeats father time.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This was a fun video to watch, brought back a lot of memories and why you don't give Aaron Rodgers too much time!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

So what? Those 3 players aren't on the management team and tasked with building and maintaining the roster. For all we know, there may have been consensus around the table that it was time to move on from all three of them. No one defeats father time.

In hindsight the front office was at least wrong about Woodson though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah and if there was a consensus around the table...that consensus was wrong

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah and if there was a consensus around the table...that consensus was wrong
So what??? I don't remember how Woodson's career played out after he left Green Bay. None of us know what Woodson was like with his fellow teammates at the end of his time here. It always amazes me that grown adults can get such a ***** over a player who is clearly near the end of their career. So what if a guys contract expires and maybe can still play at a decent level for a year or two? It's not like any of the guys mentioned were likely to take us to the Super Bowl at that point.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what??? I don't remember how Woodson's career played out after he left Green Bay. None of us know what Woodson was like with his fellow teammates at the end of his time here. It always amazes me that grown adults can get such a ***** over a player who is clearly near the end of their career. So what if a guys contract expires and maybe can still play at a decent level for a year or two? It's not like any of the guys mentioned were likely to take us to the Super Bowl at that point.
It's psychology in terms of what people feel comfortable with in terms of experience over less experience players -- less time to train and more time can be applied to getting it done. Is the mentality. I digress because someone might cry about me trolling.

Reaction score
In my opinion, all the greatness that Rodgers has shown through the years is minimized by all the what ifs and woulda, coulda, shouldas. I'm sure that he himself wouldn't want that kind of talk to define his career. It is what it is. HOF numbers, tough as nails, 1 SB. All the talk of what he would have done is just wishful thinking.
Regardless of what Rodgers could’ve done, he is still one of the best to play the game. I’m not alone on that either. I’d imagine he’s in the consensus top 10 QB’s since SB history and he’s not done adding to that ranking. Sorry to be frank but as long as we’re being critical, I really don’t think he owes you an apology (or anyone else).

Im just glad I’m not a fan of the 12 teams that have zero SB’s. We have a respectable 4 Lombardi’s and still have a fan base that whines like a baby with an empty bottle (trust me I know you’re not alone) As a whole, We’re probably the top 3 most thankless franchises. So there’s that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Woodson played in all 48 games for the Raiders from 2013-15 after leaving the Packers, totaling 10 interception, 4 forced and 7 recovered fumbles while playi g safety.

While there's no evidence for it I have a feeling the debacle at Seattle in the NFCCG doesn't happen with him on the field.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson played in all 48 games for the Raiders from 2013-15 after leaving the Packers, totaling 10 interception, 4 forced and 7 recovered fumbles while playi g safety.

While there's no evidence for it I have a feeling the debacle at Seattle in the NFCCG doesn't happen with him on the field.
well… he wouldn’t have stood at the goal line and watched t he receiver catch the 2pt conversion right in front of him….

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Woodson was released because the Packers had players to extend (AR, Matthews, Raji & Finley) and VERY LITTLE cap room. Yes, he would've made a big difference in future games, but he was 37 yrs. old and younger "core" players needed to stay.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info Capt.

No telling if Capers would have ever played him strictly at safety here. Also, a lot of injury questions and cap considerations to consider not to mention Woodson's working relationship with coaches and players at that time. In retrospect, the team would have been better served by getting rid of Capers. I was very late in jumping on the fire Capers bandwagon.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Woodson was released because the Packers had players to extend (AR, Matthews, Raji & Finley) and VERY LITTLE cap room. Yes, he would've made a big difference in future games, but he was 37 yrs. old and younger "core" players needed to stay.
Thanks for providing that PJ. I didn't recall the specific circumstances.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly!!! He also returned one of those 7 fumbles for a td...and the packers front office made no attempt to keep him

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was a mistake for The Packers to have traded James Lofton. Night clubs notwithstanding.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of what Rodgers could’ve done, he is still one of the best to play the game. I’m not alone on that either. I’d imagine he’s in the consensus top 10 QB’s since SB history and he’s not done adding to that ranking. Sorry to be frank but as long as we’re being critical, I really don’t think he owes you an apology (or anyone else).

Im just glad I’m not a fan of the 12 teams that have zero SB’s. We have a respectable 4 Lombardi’s and still have a fan base that whines like a baby with an empty bottle (trust me I know you’re not alone) As a whole, We’re probably the top 3 most thankless franchises. So there’s that.
Why would #12 owe me an apology? Without a doubt #12 is a HOFer. As far as being in the top 10 QB's in history, that is debatable as far as I'm concerned. In the NFL's 100 years, there have been many QB's considered the greatest of their time. That's how I prefer to look at it. By the way, every fan base whines like babies but calling GB fans a thankless franchise is a little over the top. Everybody loves a winner and a storied franchise like the Packers has all the essentials of a great franchise. Winning, history, great players, great fans and great tradition. I think that's pretty cool.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with expecting to win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
By the way, every fan base whines like babies but calling GB fans a thankless franchise is a little over the top
While I wouldn't say the franchise itself is thankless, many of the 30 and under fans, at least that I know, take winning for granted. After all, it is pretty much all they have seen or can remember. I also think some fans don't quite understand just how difficult it is to not just get to a Super Bowl, but win one too. Unfortunately, recent history has also skewed that viewpoint thanks to Tom Brady, as well as the Patriots.

The Packer organization has been awesome the last 25+ years, thanks in large part to 2 HOF QB's, but also for the most part, good management.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Packer fans....if you aren't currently "an owner" of the Packers, your chance might be here! Seems like the Packers are getting ready for another Stock sale and the NFL approves.
How much per share this round, I wonder?

Reaction score
Why would #12 owe me an apology? Without a doubt #12 is a HOFer. As far as being in the top 10 QB's in history, that is debatable as far as I'm concerned. In the NFL's 100 years, there have been many QB's considered the greatest of their time. That's how I prefer to look at it. By the way, every fan base whines like babies but calling GB fans a thankless franchise is a little over the top. Everybody loves a winner and a storied franchise like the Packers has all the essentials of a great franchise. Winning, history, great players, great fans and great tradition. I think that's pretty cool.
It worked! I knew I could get you defending our team and praising our QB! :roflmao:
btw. I said he’d be top 10 in SB era, not since Curly was eating Fries.

D

Deleted member 6794

In hindsight it would have been better to keep Woodson over Raji and Finley.

No telling if Capers would have ever played him strictly at safety here.

The Packers already played Woodson at safety in 2012.

I also think some fans don't quite understand just how difficult it is to not just get to a Super Bowl, but win one too. Unfortunately, recent history has also skewed that viewpoint thanks to Tom Brady, as well as the Patriots.

I agree it's difficult to make it to a Super Bowl. It's still disappointed the Packers haven't been able to get to more than one Super Bowl while having the most efficient quarterback in league history for most of the past 13 seasons.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
TT didn't have the benefit of hindsight when he made the (correct) decision to keep younger, key cogs to the DL & AR-weapons. Releasing a 37 year old Safety was the logical choice.
Agree. If that's the choice to be made, it's an easy decision. You want a good solid core of guys that are entering the sweet spot (age 26-28) in their 2nd contract. Raji should have been the cornerstone of the defense in those years had he been kept at NT. He had very uncommon natural ability for a man his size.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it's difficult to make it to a Super Bowl. It's still disappointed the Packers haven't been able to get to more than one Super Bowl while having the most efficient quarterback in league history for most of the past 13 seasons.
It's most certainly a failure IMO that GB has not been able to put together a consistently good defense to pair with Rodgers, despite throwing a lot of resources that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts