The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters
Reaction score
My question is this - would you rather have efficient QB play or Superbowl wins? Ideally, I would want both. I really do appreciate that #12 rarely turns the ball over and has consistently had great stats but the bottom line is 1-4 in NFC championship games.
That’s true, but sounds like you’ve missed something..
Brady has 21 years under his belt as a starter while Rodgers has 13
That’s 8 more seasons

Then go and look how many top Defenses Brady had in his first 13 seasons. You’ll be absolutely amazed and glad you did the research.
Then go and compare Aaron’s Defensive rankings for his total 13 seasons. Tell me that didn’t have a profound effect on the team winning? Pay particular attention to Points allowed rankings for the 2 QB’s.

Using only SB Championships without recognizing the Defensive contributions an unfair way at worst and incomplete method at best in judging the value of a QB

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Continuing to somehow try to legitimize Rodgers as being in Brady’s class just makes one look foolish. Brady wins the big games, Rodgers has not time after time, and he’s played poorly. Let’s hope this year he improves

Reaction score
Brady wins the big games,

Rodgers has not time after time, and he’s played poorly.

There’s no question that Tom Brady is in elite class. That’s never been an argument I’ve seen or certainly not mine.

But you’re argument is a “team” argument. This thread doesn’t say “The 2021 Green Bay Packers” it says “Aaron Rodgers performance”. That could mean this year or last year or during their tenure. But it’s specifies that player and that player only, so to compare Aaron Rodgers performance to an entire franchise is not even a valid argument

So I’m going to ask you a question in the confines of this thread rather than debate team production. This isn’t a trick question just getting back on thread is all.
From a QB position standpoint only, did Tom Brady QB performance outperform Aaron Rodgers last season?

Yes or No?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sidenote. Aaron Rodgers knocked John Elway out of the top 10 all-time passing leaders to start this season.

This week, Lamar Jackson (tied at 3298 yards) will knock Aaron out of the top 10 Rushing yards career QB, but Aaron Should pass John Elway again in this stat by years end (needs 110 rushing yards). Go Aaron!
He’ll likely be the only QB to ever be in and out of the QB top #10 career rushing (NFL history) twice in the same season!

Aaron is the only QB to currently hold both top #10 passing yards by a QB AND top #10 Rushing, simultaneously (All-Time)

Aaron is tied for #16th all time in rushing yards average @ 5.0 per rush
(tied J.Harbaugh/Cam Newton).
Aaron…still silent but deadly with his feet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Sometimes people are allowed to have opinions, if everyone had the same opinion, that wouldn't make it interesting. Nit picking over and over doesn't make anyone more correct or less correct.

As I've clearly stated above in this thread Buggy is definitely entitled to having his opinion on the matter. That doesn't mean I have to agree with or understand it though.

I believe Woodson was a mistake to move on from Woodson but the others I agree. I was just posting what I think was one of Rodgers' issues with management this summer.

You're right, the Packers might have let Woodson walk away a year early.

My question is this - would you rather have efficient QB play or Superbowl wins? Ideally, I would want both. I really do appreciate that #12 rarely turns the ball over and has consistently had great stats but the bottom line is 1-4 in NFC championship games.

I would definitely rather have Super Bowl wins. While Rodgers hasn't performed up to his potential in NFCCG (most QBs struggle to once facing elite defenses) he still has a higher passer rating in championship games than Brady.

The huge difference being that Brady's teams have an allowed an average of 21.6 points per game in those games compared the Packers 30.8.

Continuing to somehow try to legitimize Rodgers as being in Brady’s class just makes one look foolish. Brady wins the big games, Rodgers has not time after time, and he’s played poorly. Let’s hope this year he improves

Brady has hugely benefitted from having elite defenses for all of his career. He has never won a Super Bowl without having a top 8 scoring defense.

Unfortunately Rodgers has only had the benefit of the Packers featuring such a unit twice in his career, the last time being in 2010.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There’s no question that Tom Brady is in elite class. That’s never been an argument I’ve seen or certainly not mine.

But you’re argument is a “team” argument. This thread doesn’t say “The 2021 Green Bay Packers” it says “Aaron Rodgers performance”. That could mean this year or last year or during their tenure. But it’s specifies that player and that player only, so to compare Aaron Rodgers performance to an entire franchise is not even a valid argument

So I’m going to ask you a question in the confines of this thread rather than debate team production. This isn’t a trick question just getting back on thread is all.
From a QB position standpoint only, did Tom Brady QB performance outperform Aaron Rodgers last season?

Yes or No?
Mvp says he did

with out anyone doing the home work ( capt stay out of it, I want this poster to figure it out ) what is Brady’s numbers for his playoff games compared to rodgers???

since your argument is Brady isn’t as good as Rodgers for a season, provide the playoffs for us to compare

I’ve already looked into it. but will be fun for you and others to gather this info

@captainWIMM stay out of it. let him do his own research

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting I didn’t know that. So to me him voicing his “opinion” and the argument about him supporting Kumerow likely has zero to do with Rodgers verbal support. It’s not like Rodgers picked some abstract day here. Matter of fact Rodgers may have had an inclination to expect Jake not to make the final cut.

Kumerow’s status was likely not affected adversely by Rodgers statements of support as some suggest. Those decisions were likely already in process.

Rodgers was trying to have input on the decision about whether to keep kumerow by going out of his way to publicly praise his play...

It was definitely a bad move to not even speak to woodson about whether or not he was willing to take a pay cut just like it was a mistake to offer nelson the vet minimum...both players were willing to play for the packers for significantly less and both players would have clearly helped the team for another year or two maybe longer. Add Julius Peppers to this same list as hes another they moved on from about 2 years early with no discussion about him staying in GB

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers was trying to have input on the decision about whether to keep kumerow by going out of his way to publicly praise his play...

It was definitely a bad move to not even speak to woodson about whether or not he was willing to take a pay cut just like it was a mistake to offer nelson the vet minimum...both players were willing to play for the packers for significantly less and both players would have clearly helped the team for another year or two maybe longer. Add Julius Peppers to this same list as hes another they moved on from about 2 years early with no discussion about him staying in GB
All of this is predicated on that you know exactly what the discussions were in detail that went on behind closed doors between members of the management team. I find it impossible to believe that you are dialed in to that degree.
I think it's important for fans to realize just how little we truly know about the inner workings at 1265 Lombardi.

Reaction score
Mvp says he did

with out anyone doing the home work ( capt stay out of it, I want this poster to figure it out ) what is Brady’s numbers for his playoff games compared to rodgers???

since your argument is Brady isn’t as good as Rodgers for a season, provide the playoffs for us to compare

I’ve already looked into it. but will be fun for you and others to gather this info

@captainWIMM stay out of it. let him do his own research
Back to “team performance” Wins are not achieved by 1 player. It’s not a valid argument player to player.

It’s like we are comparing our individual contributions at work. I’m leading a $50mil Company and you are managing “World Access Corporation” and saying your contributions are better because your company has more revenue?
You’re trying to take sole credit for the entire organization.

You’re at least indirectly off thread. Teams’ Wins should be absolutely factored, but they are not specific and the only factor concerning this thread.

You would be 100% correct if the thread titled
“Green Bay Packers Performance”

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would definitely rather have Super Bowl wins. While Rodgers hasn't performed up to his potential in NFCCG (most QBs struggle to once facing elite defenses) he still has a higher passer rating in championship games than Brady.

The huge difference being that Brady's teams have an allowed an average of 21.6 points per game in those games compared the Packers 30.8.
it is a team game. and a superstar quarterback can only make up for so many below average players elsewhere on the team.

new england had an advantage for most of brady's career of having great players who were nearing the end of their careers wanting to make one last grab for the brass ring with perhaps the greatest head coach/quarterback duo in nfl history.

Last edited:
Reaction score
it is a team game. and a superstar quarterback can only make up for so many below average players elsewhere on the team.

new england had an advantage for most of brady's career of having great players who were nearing the end of their careers wanting to make one last grab for the brass ring th perhaps the greates head coach/quarterback duo in nfl history.
I will give Brady credit where credit is due. He’s a fantastic QB in big games. He’s a great leader in pressure situations. You don’t want to face that guy and leave him 1:25 and a TO needing 7 pts to win.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Brady has hugely benefitted from having elite defenses for all of his career. He has never won a Super Bowl without having a top 8 scoring defense.

Unfortunately Rodgers has only had the benefit of the Packers featuring such a unit twice in his career, the last time being in 2010.
It's baffling to me how some either cannot understand this, or don't accept it because it doesn't fit their agenda. It's just lazy to say Brady has more rings, so he's better.

Again, it's the same people that probably think Troy Aikman is better than Dan Marino.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Back to “team performance” Wins are not achieved by 1 player. It’s not a valid argument player to player.

It’s like we are comparing our individual contributions at work. I’m leading a $50mil Company and you are managing “World Access Corporation” and saying your contributions are better because your company has more revenue?
You’re trying to take sole credit for the entire organization.

You’re at least indirectly off thread. Teams’ Wins should be absolutely factored, but they are not specific and the only factor concerning this thread.

You would be 100% correct if the thread titled
“Green Bay Packers Performance”
you asked the question

Yes or No?

I answered it as no because Aaron won mvp

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's baffling to me how some either cannot understand this, or don't accept it because it doesn't fit their agenda. It's just lazy to say Brady has more rings, so he's better.

Again, it's the same people that probably think Troy Aikman is better than Dan Marino.
You know darn well that you would say Rodgers was better than Brady if he had more rings. I have never believed that one is better than the other solely because of rings but unfortunately for Rodgers, that is exactly how it is judged. I have never deemed anyone the greatest ever at anything. There are too many ifs, ands or buts.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s true, but sounds like you’ve missed something..
Brady has 21 years under his belt as a starter while Rodgers has 13
That’s 8 more seasons

Then go and look how many top Defenses Brady had in his first 13 seasons. You’ll be absolutely amazed and glad you did the research.
Then go and compare Aaron’s Defensive rankings for his total 13 seasons. Tell me that didn’t have a profound effect on the team winning? Pay particular attention to Points allowed rankings for the 2 QB’s.

Using only SB Championships without recognizing the Defensive contributions an unfair way at worst and incomplete method at best in judging the value of a QB
I agree with incomplete method. I agree with Rodgers not having the defenses that Brady has had. But c'mon man, isn't the only objective of the NFL season to win a Superbowl? Doesn't Rodgers have to take some responsibility for those short comings? I hate comparisons especially when it comes to quarterbacks and for the record I can't stand Brady but how else can two guys be compared but by, in this case, SB wins.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I agree with incomplete method. I agree with Rodgers not having the defenses that Brady has had. But c'mon man, isn't the only objective of the NFL season to win a Superbowl? Doesn't Rodgers have to take some responsibility for those short comings? I hate comparisons especially when it comes to quarterbacks and for the record I can't stand Brady but how else can two guys be compared but by, in this case, SB wins.
Rodgers absolutely deserves blame for some of the losses. There's no question. But when you really dive into the numbers and take a look at what's happening in a lot of these games, the more you uncover.

Of all the championship games:

Chicago - played subpar, but got a lot of help from the defense.

Seattle - did his part against a historically great defense. Could've played a little better, but I think he really performed well. Defense collapsed, McCarthy's rear end got tight, and the icing on the cake was the special teams gaff. Rodgers played well enough to win.

Atlanta - played a great first half, but got down 17-0 because on the first two possessions (after already being down 7-0) Crosby missed a FG and Rip fumbled on his way into the end zone. Packers were down 17-0 just like that when Rodgers essentially played near perfect. Nothing you can do about that.

San Francisco - didn't play well. Defense was awful, but Rodgers wasn't good either.

Tampa Bay - I honestly think he played a fantastic game given the circumstances and the defense he was going up against. But at the end of the day, he had three cracks at the end zone and didn't get it done. That's on him. I still think though that the Kevin King gaff and Aaron Jones fumble contributed to the loss in such a huge game changing way.

He's definitely not blameless, but he hasn't had the luxury of winning a lot of playoff games with scores of 17-14 or 21-17 like Brady has won a lot in his career. BECAUSE of the great defenses.

It just makes an enormous difference.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers absolutely deserves blame for some of the losses. There's no question. But when you really dive into the numbers and take a look at what's happening in a lot of these games, the more you uncover.

Seattle - did his part against a historically great defense. Could've played a little better, but I think he really performed well. Defense collapsed, McCarthy's rear end got tight, and the icing on the cake was the special teams gaff. Rodgers played well enough to win.

Atlanta - played a great first half, but got down 17-0 because on the first two possessions (after already being down 7-0) Crosby missed a FG and Rip fumbled on his way into the end zone. Packers were down 17-0 just like that when Rodgers essentially played near perfect. Nothing you can do about that.

San Francisco - didn't play well. Defense was awful, but Rodgers wasn't good either.

Tampa Bay - I honestly think he played a fantastic game given the circumstances and the defense he was going up against. But at the end of the day, he had three cracks at the end zone and didn't get it done. That's on him. I still think though that the Kevin King gaff and Aaron Jones fumble contributed to the loss in such a huge game changing way.

He's definitely not blameless, but he hasn't had the luxury of winning a lot of playoff games with scores of 17-14 or 21-17 like Brady has won a lot in his career. BECAUSE of the great defenses.

Well said. Thank you.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of this is predicated on that you know exactly what the discussions were in detail that went on behind closed doors between members of the management team. I find it impossible to believe that you are dialed in to that degree.
I think it's important for fans to realize just how little we truly know about the inner workings at 1265 Lombardi.

I trust those 3 players and all 3 have said publicly GB did not attempt to retain them...other than the nelson vet minimum offer which i think most agree was in poor taste

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't remember what media guy it was, but basically he said if you gave Rodgers the defenses Brady has had in his career and gave Brady Rodgers defenses -switch places in their careers- then Rodgers would have 7 rings and Brady would have one.

[/QUOTE

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't remember what media guy it was, but basically he said if you gave Rodgers the defenses Brady has had in his career and gave Brady Rodgers defenses -switch places in their careers- then Rodgers would have 7 rings and Brady would have one.
Quite possible. Unfortunately there is no way to really know.

Reaction score
There’s no question it would change dramatically. Give Rodgers 13 more tries with Defenses rated between #1 and #8 overall in a lottery system? He’d have at minimum 4-5 SB’s.

Last edited:

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s no question it would change dramatically. Give Rodgers 13 more tries with Defenses rated between #1 and #8 overall in a lottery system? He’d have at minimum 4-5 SB’s.
In my opinion, all the greatness that Rodgers has shown through the years is minimized by all the what ifs and woulda, coulda, shouldas. I'm sure that he himself wouldn't want that kind of talk to define his career. It is what it is. HOF numbers, tough as nails, 1 SB. All the talk of what he would have done is just wishful thinking.

D

Deleted member 6794

You know darn well that you would say Rodgers was better than Brady if he had more rings. I have never believed that one is better than the other solely because of rings but unfortunately for Rodgers, that is exactly how it is judged. I have never deemed anyone the greatest ever at anything. There are too many ifs, ands or buts.

I consider Rodgers a better quarterback than Brady despite him having only one ring.

But c'mon man, isn't the only objective of the NFL season to win a Superbowl? Doesn't Rodgers have to take some responsibility for those short comings?

Rodgers definitely deserves part of the blame for the Packers not having more than one Super Bowl win but there are definitely other factors which have contributed significantly more to it than him.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
This conversation again? Brady vs Rodgers? :sick:

Rodgers played well enough to win yesterday. No major mistakes. The thing that I like about him the best is I'm never scared when he drops back in the pocket in terms of turnovers. I never feel like he's going to throw an interception. We've really only had two QBs, but even with Favre I didn't feel that way. He was exciting for sure and I'm glad he was a Packer, but I would get nervous when he dropped back. "What's going to happen?" That's not the case with Rodgers. He's thrown 3 picks this year, but I still trust him every time he drops back.

Members online

Latest posts