The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Imagine nitpicking a TD pass, and yards after the catch (as if the receivers aren't part of the offense). Some of you guys are in for a world of pain once Love takes over :)

I explained why I thought the decision was dumb. You got anything to say to that? Or is the "imagine..." line supposed to mean something?

I also have no idea what the bold is supposed to mean. Someone said receivers aren't part of the offense?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The fact is that if that pass had fallen incomplete or, worse, popped up and been intercepted, all the people slobbering over the throw would be absolutely incensed that he didn't just hit Lazard wide open.

If behind door #1 there's a 95% chance of winning $80 and behind door #2 there's a 20% of winning $100, the smart choice is door #1. If you choose door #2 and get lucky, the smart choice was still door #1.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting the impression that Rodgers has his favorite targets: Adams, Cobb, Tonyan, MVS....and the rest. He also like certain players for certain situations. So yeah it would be nice to have another guy doing what MVS does, but if its not one of those 4, will Rodgers trust him enough to put the ball out there? Not sure if anyone noticed it last night, but once again, that whole first half Rodgers had a scowl on his face most of the time. Maybe his teammates are used to it, but it would bug the s**t out of me if I thought it was directed my way.
You think he was mad at himself?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I only saw the facial expression once and for the life of me I could not understand why. The play just did not seem to warrant it.
I saw it a few times and wondered the same. I get it, he didn't like being behind, didn't like a penalty, etc........but come on man, you are the leader of the team...start leading!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Rodgers did play better, but his performance was not up to Rodgers standards, he had a lot of over throws that would have been points, he still looks a bit rusty, but I think he can only get better not worse, the O’line has to protect him better, he is still our best bet for a SB appearance

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
But you're right, I have typically reserved criticism of Rodgers and given him the benefit of the doubt. But if the guy is going to be as self-centered and above the team as he proved himself to be this off-season, he can get the microscope treatment. He hands out enough criticism to everyone else; I think he can afford to take some on himself.
Not going to turn this into a counter productive back and forth, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find him not being critical of himself in his remarks about both of the first two games. Took ownership after the Saints game, said he played an awful game, but he also wasn't going to sugarcoat the lackluster effort from others either. Part of leadership is holding guys accountable.

After last night's game, he continually beat himself up over the missed opportunities to MVS.

I think right now with the way the offseason went with him holding out until training camp, many are going to try talking negatives into existence instead of objectively taking things at face value.

There's a fundamental disagreement between my view, and your view on this issue. I think Rodgers' approach, right wrong or indifferent, has little to no effect on the team's view of him and how they will respond moving forward.

You'll never separate the offseason from the actual season. And that's fine. You're entitled to your view. But I feel strongly that the two will prove to have little to no correlation with each other as the season progresses.

Lastly, and I'm not necessarily projecting this onto you, but I just feel that some are going to be extremely bitter and disappointed that the perceived prognostication of Rodgers' actions wrecking the team could and likely will prove to not be the case at all.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers did play better, but his performance was not up to Rodgers standards, he had a lot of over throws that would have been points, he still looks a bit rusty, but I think he can only get better not worse, the O’line has to protect him better, he is still our best bet for a SB appearance
Yeah, hopefully the O line has good players and then they can jell. It takes awhile to jell sometimes but they have to have talent and smarts to begin with.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think Rodgers' approach, right wrong or indifferent, has little to no effect on the team's view of him and how they will respond moving forward.
While I agree with some of what you said. I disagree with this part or at least the "little to no effect" on his teammates. It may not have effected how they feel about him, but it's been a major distraction for the entire organization, including his teammates, for months and probably will continue to be, win or lose. So pretending what Rodgers did only effected life outside the Packer bubble is wishful thinking at best.

D

Deleted member 6794

And you should not only take long shots to the same receiver. We once would see Nelson, Jones, Jennings all get a deep ball in the same game. Mix it up.

Rodgers had an amazing long completion to Adams vs. the Lions. He doesn't only target MVS on deep throws.

It's true that Rodgers overthrew MVS on several throws but there wasn't any separation on any of those either making it extremely difficult to complete those passes. In addition he had a total of five incompletions all game, so you might be a bit exaggerating if you mention he had a lot of over throws.

In my opinion the two passes on goal-to-go he threw in the dirt were his two worst plays of the game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
While I agree with some of what you said. I disagree with this part or at least the "little to no effect" on his teammates. It may not have effected how they feel about him, but it's been a major distraction for the entire organization, including his teammates, for months and probably will continue to be, win or lose. So pretending what Rodgers did only effected life outside the Packer bubble is wishful thinking at best.
Point taken. I guess my larger point is that it won't effect the result of the Packers season one way or the other. Their personal views could be what you're describing, I guess there's no way for either of us to know that for sure unless someone speaks out on it, which won't happen at least until the season is over.

At the end of the day, when AR arrived in the building on the 1st day of training camp, I think it was business as usual.

Now what I might give credence to is the interview he did with Erin Andrews the week of the game. THAT much, I was not happy with, and perhaps it could've contributed toward the lethargic presence of the team in week 1. He said his peace in his presser at the start of training camp. Let it go. It's done.

Hopefully he took a long hard look in the mirror and finally decided it's all a thing of the past. We'll see.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think the team is behind Rodgers a lot more than people think.
Agreed.

How many players have said that they kept in touch with him during the offseason? Quite a few. And Rodgers said he even checked in on Jordan to see how he was doing. Jordan confirmed that.

This is legitimately a beef between Aaron and management.

But there's still some that'll leap to make it more than what it is.

Ultimately, time will tell the tale.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.

How many players have said that they kept in touch with him during the offseason? Quite a few. And Rodgers said he even checked in on Jordan to see how he was doing. Jordan confirmed that.

I say this with all sincerity. #12 looks to me to be on the verge of losing his mind. He looks troubled. He looks angry. He looks confused. I obviously don't know but man, he looks like he could snap. I wouldn't be surprised at all if at some time during the next 17 weeks that he just disappeared never to be seen again. He comes across to me as one of those drink the kool-aid guys. Not kidding.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed.

Were the ones that have their salary directly tied to how good he makes them look only ones in favor?

Maybe I missed it, Any one on defense say anything?

I been hearing chatter from Butler and Ellerson ON WSSP ( I know was ex players, could been other ones??) players are feeling disrespected that this happened.. Intended or not, this made them think Aaron didnt believe they were good enough to win a SB

No one knows for sure, but this very well could have made some players question themselves.

When Brett was traded I know a offense lineman clap his hands and say we are finally done with him. He wanted the whole drama over that happened year after year

Just because he is Aaron doesnt mean everyone kisses his ring

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Agreed.

I never said that some of the players weren't behind him, there are some that have come out in support of him. However as LTF just alluded too, how many are just keeping their mouths shut? My point is that all we and probably the players and organization heard about during the offseason was this division between Rodgers and the Packers. Rodgers clearly feels that division is still there and the media clearly is still talking about it. Now some might think that this won't effect the Packers play or how the players feel about Rodgers, but I said it 4 months ago and I will say it again, its a negative distraction that will probably be hanging over the team all season. Only way to get rid of it....keep winning games. However, after each loss, we are going to see this kicked up again and again, because it not only makes for a good story, I think some of us believe its a real possibility that Rodgers antics have already started to derail this team.

I also think what Rodgers did is definitely effecting Adams desire to accept a new contract with the Packers.

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone feel that A. Rodgers is going to play this season with a non- important goal to win ? Do you feel he is going to just play week to week with a "whatever" attitude just to make it to the end of the season?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Does anyone feel that A. Rodgers is going to play this season with a non- important goal to win ? Do you feel he is going to just play week to week with a "whatever" attitude just to make it to the end of the season?
You aren't alone in that feeling. I know he is a competitor and he wants to win and he "loves his teammates", but his obvious detachment with the Packer organization exists and whether its intentional or unintentional, I have to wonder just how much that is going to effect the outcome of games.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

100% this.

At his presser, a complaint seemed to be the treatment of the lower and middle class players. He mentioned Bulaga, Kumerro (sp?), and Jordy.

If I'm no. 30-53 on the roster and the highest paid guy on the roster's beef is what happens to ME if I get cut/not extended? That's legitimate leadership and I'm following that man to war.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
100% this.

At his presser, a complaint seemed to be the treatment of the lower and middle class players. He mentioned Bulaga, Kumerro (sp?), and Jordy.

If I'm no. 30-53 on the roster and the highest paid guy on the roster's beef is what happens to ME if I get cut/not extended? That's legitimate leadership and I'm following that man to war.
You got that from his presser? I heard something different. He was disappointed that the Packers parted ways with guys he liked, his friends so to speak. He never mentioned the 1000's of other guys that got cut, traded or not resigned during his time with the Packers. This isn't Rodgers looking out for the "little guy", its Rodgers feeling jilted that players he liked weren't still on the team. I never once heard him question the Greg Jennings decision.

The NFL is a business and each year teams pick the best 53 players that they can budget and fits with their team. I get that Rodgers felt different about some of the cuts, but I bet so did most of his teammates and Packer fans.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Not going to turn this into a counter productive back and forth, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find him not being critical of himself in his remarks about both of the first two games. Took ownership after the Saints game, said he played an awful game, but he also wasn't going to sugarcoat the lackluster effort from others either. Part of leadership is holding guys accountable.

After last night's game, he continually beat himself up over the missed opportunities to MVS.

I think right now with the way the offseason went with him holding out until training camp, many are going to try talking negatives into existence instead of objectively taking things at face value.

There's a fundamental disagreement between my view, and your view on this issue. I think Rodgers' approach, right wrong or indifferent, has little to no effect on the team's view of him and how they will respond moving forward.

You'll never separate the offseason from the actual season. And that's fine. You're entitled to your view. But I feel strongly that the two will prove to have little to no correlation with each other as the season progresses.

Lastly, and I'm not necessarily projecting this onto you, but I just feel that some are going to be extremely bitter and disappointed that the perceived prognostication of Rodgers' actions wrecking the team could and likely will prove to not be the case at all.

I think four things here.

1) Aaron Rodgers is an elite quarterback.

2) Aaron Rodgers is so self-involved that it's crippling to him as a leader and person; he thinks way too much of himself and what's due him. His actions in the offseason were not only incredibly selfish, but completely absurd (i.e. he seems totally blind to how good he has it).

3) You are a good poster.

4) None of this needs to become contentious.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think four things here.

1) Aaron Rodgers is an elite quarterback.

2) Aaron Rodgers is so self-involved that it's crippling to him as a leader and person; he thinks way too much of himself and what's due him. His actions in the offseason were not only incredibly selfish, but completely absurd (i.e. he seems totally blind to how good he has it).

3) You are a good poster.

4) None of this needs to become contentious.
Screw that...
FIGHT
FIGHT
FIGHT

i'm kidding

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% this.

That's what I got too. he seemed very matter of fact, to the point and pretty transparent. it wasn't about him, it was about how we've treated some in the past and what they could do to correct it. Then they blew him off and he made them notice. For as irritated I was getting with Rodgers during all of this, It went away pretty quickly when I heard him talk and I believed him. It all made sense then and I don't think it was a story, I think it was the truth.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You got that from his presser? I heard something different. He was disappointed that the Packers parted ways with guys he liked, his friends so to speak. He never mentioned the 1000's of other guys that got cut, traded or not resigned during his time with the Packers.

Perhaps, but he also specifically called out Mica Hyde as one of poor actions. Not saying that Hyde wasn't friend (I have no evidence either way,) but he certainly wasn't catching passes or blocking for Rodgers.

He also can't call out every single example. Jennings is also a poor counter example, as the Packers offered him a pretty good contract. IIRC, it was for more than what he ultimately got from the Vikings.

D

Deleted member 11740

I say this with all sincerity. #12 looks to me to be on the verge of losing his mind. He looks troubled. He looks angry. He looks confused. I obviously don't know but man, he looks like he could snap. I wouldn't be surprised at all if at some time during the next 17 weeks that he just disappeared never to be seen again. He comes across to me as one of those drink the kool-aid guys. Not kidding.
I would say it’s more likely that you will snap… never to be seen again based on your comment.
In his last 4 games where’s he’s thrown 2 interceptions he’s come out and thrown 4 TDs/0 ints in the next game. Here we are a day after a game in which he’s done it again and yet he’s still being criticised.
No wonder the guy looks pissed having to read the **** you post.
Also, the bloke is a perfectionist. He was pissed with himself about missing the 3 deep balls to MVS. Two of them are were a guaranteed TD.
Not once this week did I see him get frustrated with a teammate even during the several examples when the OL stupidly held a Lions player who had no chance of making a tackle on the ball carrier.

Stop posting stupid **** that makes you look like you didn’t even watch the game!!!

Members online

Latest posts