The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, Rodgers has had three games in his career with a lower passer rating than on Sunday.

His worst came in 2014 vs. the Bills during the season he won his second MVP award.

There's absolutely no doubt the offense deserves as much blame for the loss as the defense. Both units were terrible against the Saints.

The problem with giving up 15 play touchdown drives is that it takes a ton of time off the clock and tires the entire defense.
That 2014 game was the one in which the refs were letting the Bills have all the illegal contact they wanted. And I think we lost that game due to a punt return.

D

Deleted member 6794

It depends on your criteria. His QBR against the Saints was 17.2. His QBR against the Bills in 2014 was 27.6.

The point is Rodgers has had terrible games before and he rebounded from it. I fully expect him to do it once again this time around.

I agree with you about the drafting but the situation was such that money wise we could not trade Rodgers this year. Otherwise we might have. imo

The Packers could have saved some millions of cap space by trading Rodgers this offseason.

That 2014 game was the one in which the refs were letting the Bills have all the illegal contact they wanted. And I think we lost that game due to a punt return.

While the Bills scored on a punt return in the first quarter it was hardly the reason the Packers lost that game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is Rodgers has had terrible games before and he rebounded from it. I fully expect him to do it once again this time around.

The Packers could have saved some millions of cap space by trading Rodgers this offseason.

While the Bills scored on a punt return in the first quarter it was hardly the reason the Packers lost that game.
He had a rough one in AZ that year also when our offensive line was 2s and 3s. But as we were told this was supposed to be maybe the most talented Packer team in his tenure. Even more than the 2010 team. So it does not bode well. He had a rough one against Rex Ryan in 2010 also but our defense won the game obscuring the offense.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's more than just getting $$ with people at his level.. I don't think you quite understand this. If the culture isn't up to par at the company (and it clearly isn't based of the BR piece OR the Rodgers viewpoint whichever way you lean) then the elite employees have to take it upon themselves to occasionally set management straight. Just because he makes $$ he's just supposed to shut up and play his sport? I'm an air traffic controller... just because I make a certain amount of $$ I'm supposed to just shut up about situations that aren't conducive to safety or to a better work environment?? No absolutely not, and I expect the elite players and leaders to speak up for the team.

Rodgers has been quiet for long enough, after that 2014 NFC Championship game I thought that they would change up certain situations and they didn't to the detriment of basically the next 5 year. MLF came in and succeeded right away (mostly thanks to Rodgers and it speaks to how inept MM was). Management YET AGAIN doesn't have the foresight to give the team the proper weapons and tools that they needed in order to succeed AT THE LEVEL that the elite teams do and Rodgers called them out on it. AS HE SHOULD

FYI teams don't honor contracts, because they can terminate you, or ask you to take a paycut at any time because in their eyes you "aren't up to par". Let me get a reaction from some of you if your boss called you into their office and said "You can either take a 10k paycut or find a new job due to you not solving these problems fast enough" and see your reaction
I guess that I am just too old school. I also don't look at professional sports as a job. I look at it as a privilege. Look, I was and still am the member of a union. I have walked picket lines. I have filed grievances. I just can't compare the problems of pro sports and the athletes to the jobs of the common man. It's not the same thing to me.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that I am just too old school. I also don't look at professional sports as a job. I look at it as a privilege. Look, I was and still am the member of a union. I have walked picket lines. I have filed grievances. I just can't compare the problems of pro sports and the athletes to the jobs of the common man. It's not the same thing to me.
You are correct in that sense. Did you ever make more in salary than your supervisor or plant manager? Probably not. Entertainment and pro sports throw quite a contrast.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Privilege lmao.. You think these guys were just handed the job like a lottery, that anyone on this planet can do what they do. None of you can play football at the professional level, you'd get injured or injure yourself. These dudes worked extremely hard not only to get to that level, but to MAINTAIN that level of play and in the end they do give up things like their health and body which the $$ is supposed to make up for.

If you provide a service that VERY FEW people on this planet can do, you are probably paid a great rate. How the hell is that not the same thing? "The NFL is a business" this mantra is repeated over and over again but FO or upper management but fans somehow don't view it as a job lol

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Privilege lmao.. You think these guys were just handed the job like a lottery, that anyone on this planet can do what they do. None of you can play football at the professional level, you'd get injured or injure yourself. These dudes worked extremely hard not only to get to that level, but to MAINTAIN that level of play and in the end they do give up things like their health and body which the $$ is supposed to make up for.

If you provide a service that VERY FEW people on this planet can do, you are probably paid a great rate. How the hell is that not the same thing? "The NFL is a business" this mantra is repeated over and over again but FO or upper management but fans somehow don't view it as a job lol
Yes, definitely a privilege. Hard work? You bet. Maintain greatness? Lots of work. Land an airplane? Perform brain surgery? Probably not. By the way, there are plenty of "can't miss" athletes that turn out to be bums that are handed the job AND the lottery. Happens every draft. Agree to disagree.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, definitely a privilege. Hard work? You bet. Maintain greatness? Lots of work. Land an airplane? Perform brain surgery? Probably not. By the way, there are plenty of "can't miss" athletes that turn out to be bums that are handed the job AND the lottery. Happens every draft. Agree to disagree.
I'm that case any job is a privilege. You're job is one, you just consider there's one because they make more $$ than you and you wish you could do it

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Quick question jhawk - what is CT theory?
I'm that case any job is a privilege. You're job is one, you just consider there's one because they make more $$ than you and you wish you could do it
I sure do wish I could do it. Absolutely. Some things would be a lot easier. Unfortunately, things would also get a lot more complicated. I can only fantasize. Sorry to bug you but you mentioned "CT theory" in the past. I truly would like to know what that is.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Also in the real world, people are polite to others they dont know

I suggest you take the info taken in these situations and use it in your own POSTINGS when it becomes available.

Suggest in this context equals you should do it
Yeah...well LT, this guy has a track record of long winded chest beating exercises - as I recall, he blew out last year on a "You people aren't worthy of my magnificence" cloud.

I don't believe "polite" or "courteous" are in this poster's psychological make-up. Still, he's entertaining right?

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...well LT, this guy has a track record of long winded chest beating exercises - as I recall, he blew out last year on a "You people aren't worthy of my magnificence" cloud.

I don't believe "polite" or "courteous" are in this poster's psychological make-up. Still, he's entertaining right?
You have me confused with someone else. I rarely post on this site, but since you decided to go there.. Proof?

I'm gonna bet there won't be an actual response back to this post, so bye weeds

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sucked! 2018 Rodgers showed up. the 2018 plays he wants so much showed up. his 2018 no F's to give attitude showed up. he was going to do what he wanted and that was it. the O hung the D out to dry. 12 plays in the first half. lol...they'll either have a decent season (no SB though) or they'll really improve their draft position over last season. it all depends on which QB shows up...2018's or 2020's.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You have me confused with someone else. I rarely post on this site, but since you decided to go there.. Proof?

I'm gonna bet there won't be an actual response back to this post, so bye weeds
See ya. Try to be a gentleman son.

D

Deleted member 6794

He had a rough one in AZ that year also when our offensive line was 2s and 3s. But as we were told this was supposed to be maybe the most talented Packer team in his tenure. Even more than the 2010 team. So it does not bode well. He had a rough one against Rex Ryan in 2010 also but our defense won the game obscuring the offense.

I considered this year's team talented enough to contend for the Super Bowl entering the season but definitely not on par with the 2010 squad.

The first game vs. the Saints has raised serious questions about the first part to be true though.

Trade him to who?
There's wasn't a team out there that would pay enough for a MVP QB.
Packers found that our early.

I guarantee that if the Packers would have considered trading Rodgers several teams would have given up a king's ransom to acquire him.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sucked! 2018 Rodgers showed up. the 2018 plays he wants so much showed up. his 2018 no F's to give attitude showed up. he was going to do what he wanted and that was it. the O hung the D out to dry. 12 plays in the first half. lol...they'll either have a decent season (no SB though) or they'll really improve their draft position over last season. it all depends on which QB shows up...2018's or 2020's.
Yea the QB is the only cog that'll dictate where this team goes. Football isn't tennis, bud.

Maybe the defense could force a damn punt or two if they want to get off the field. Back to back 15 play, 80 yard drives isn't the fault of the offense. Both units failed, and yet here you are (as always) absolving the defense of their crap play.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver and SF were both ready to make huge offers for Rodgers. I really think Washington would have also. I was never sold on the Raiders being a serious suitor.

Members online

Latest posts