The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I know is this:

Aaron Rodgers just had the worst game of his career coming off an off-season where he demanded a trade, skipped OTA's and mini-camp, did not take a snap in a preseason game, and orchestrated a way for him to leave the team after the season.

A coincidence? I think not.

I am not optimistic about this season.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What I know this is this:

Aaron Rodgers just had the worst game of his career coming off an off-season where he demanded a trade, skipped OTA's and mini-camp, did not take a snap in a preseason game, and orchestrated a way for him to leave the team after the season.

That’s fair. I think it definitely leaves a ?

That said the guy is insanely talented and a below average season to him ranks top 12 out of 32 QBs league wide. I see the biggest factor on the success of this season riding on our Defense. Excuse me.. I’ll need to methodically survey several local bridges for jump capacity

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the defense becoming the first unit in the NFL since 2000 to give up consecutive touchdown drives of at least 15 plays was the main reason for the team struggling in the first half.
Plenty of blame to go around. That said I don’t think the worst Defenses are properly judged by exceeding records of numbers of plays until a score. If anything a Defense giving up 2 TD’s in 2 plays verses 2 TD’s in 30 plays would be considered far worse wouldn’t they? At least the 30 play/ 2 TD defense slowed their opponent down like molasses. As long as our O was scoring fast? our D slowing their opponent wouldn’t have been an issue and could’ve changed the Saints game plan. All our O lack of production did was embolden the Saints game-plan even more.

Our Offense ran 14 plays in the first half for 3 points. Thats bordering on despicable.

Last edited:

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I know is this:

The team orchestrated an exit for Rodgers already by drafting Jordan Love. When are you guys gonna get that through your skull?

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty of blame to go around. That said I don’t think the worst Defenses are properly judged by exceeding records of numbers of plays until a score. If anything a Defense giving up 2 TD’s in 2 plays verses 2 TD’s in 30 plays would be considered far worse wouldn’t they? At least the 30 play/ 2 TD defense slowed their opponent down like molasses. As long as our O was scoring fast? our D slowing their opponent wouldn’t have been an issue and could’ve changed the Saints game plan. All our O lack of production did was embolden the Saints game-plan even more.

Our Offense ran 14 plays in the first half for 3 points. Thats bordering on despicable.
It takes immense amount of time on those long scoring drives, making the few drives you get as an offense even more critical so everything is magnified. gets your offense completely out of rhythm. Also tires out your defense immensely later in the game with long drawn out drives

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team orchestrated an exit for Rodgers already by drafting Jordan Love. When are you guys gonna get that through your skull?
I will never get it through my skull that a team apparently can never draft another QB until the old one says they can. I say BS. I say too bad your feelings are hurt. I say grow up and act like a man. After all has been said and done, #12 still came back. Talk about no conviction. He said he wanted out. Get the hell out. He's supposed to be so smart. He looks like an idiot. Take your ball and go home. When is HE gonna get that through his skull?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will never get it through my skull that a team apparently can never draft another QB until the old one says they can. I say BS. I say too bad your feelings are hurt. I say grow up and act like a man. After all has been said and done, #12 still came back. Talk about no conviction. He said he wanted out. Get the hell out. He's supposed to be so smart. He looks like an idiot. Take your ball and go home. When is HE gonna get that through his skull?

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 65
Reaction score
It takes immense amount of time on those long scoring drives, making the few drives you get as an offense even more critical so everything is magnified. gets your offense completely out of rhythm. Also tires out your defense immensely later in the game with long drawn out drives
We can’t excuse the Offense.

Speaking of “magnified”

INT, INT, Turnover on Downs (our 21) Punt, Punt,Fumble. That’s 4 turnovers in 6 drives for ZERO points when having plenty of chances over and over again. Those 6 opportunities in the second half were ranked pitiful level for our Offense and that’s 100% on them as they can’t blame that on this Defense. That is demoralizing for a Defense to continually get spotted in their own territory all day long. In totality our Offense had 9 drives and kicked a 39 yard FG for 3 points. You could pick any team in this league to replace our Defense and in that scenario they would’ve lost that game by multiple scores.

In the second half alone, the Saints average starting field position for 5 consecutive drives (until the last drive with under 1 minute) was the GB 48 yard line! Had our Defense held each of those 5 drives to just 3 points? the final score would’ve still been 3-32. Talk about getting puckered by your own Offense

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

What I know is this:

Just for the record, Rodgers has had three games in his career with a lower passer rating than on Sunday.

His worst came in 2014 vs. the Bills during the season he won his second MVP award.

There's absolutely no doubt the offense deserves as much blame for the loss as the defense. Both units were terrible against the Saints.

The problem with giving up 15 play touchdown drives is that it takes a ton of time off the clock and tires the entire defense.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I had to choose which offense I want, I"m taking the one that can consistently drive the field, however long it takes and get 7 points. That controls a game. If I could average 35pts a game or tell me I have to average 25 pts a game but the drivers were going to average 15 plays or 5 plays, I'd take the 25 pts and 15 play drives every single time.

our offense sucked that game, our defense sucked more.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, Rodgers has had three games in his career with a lower passer rating than on Sunday.

His worst came in 2014 vs. the Bills during the season he won his second MVP award.

It depends on your criteria. His QBR against the Saints was 17.2. His QBR against the Bills in 2014 was 27.6.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Was it Al Davis who said "Just win baby !" ? Stats don`t mean a thing if you ain`t got that swing, to quote the song.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spoken by someone who does not have a big boy job and doesn't realize how negotiations start. Maybe this might not be a thing at McDonald's, but in the corporate world being able to use certain leverage in order to gain the best $$ and situation for you is very important. And keep this in mind...... THIS IS A JOB for these players.

I suggest you take the info taken in these situations and use it in your own life when it becomes available.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you about the drafting but the situation was such that money wise we could not trade Rodgers this year. Otherwise we might have. imo

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spoken by someone who does not have a big boy job and doesn't realize how negotiations start. Maybe this might not be a thing at McDonald's, but in the corporate world being able to use certain leverage in order to gain the best $$ and situation for you is very important. And keep this in mind...... THIS IS A JOB for these players.

I suggest you take the info taken in these situations and use it in your own life when it becomes available.
I wouldn't know about working at McDonalds but plenty of good people have started their working lives at Mickey D's. Funny to me that someone assumes (you know when you assume, you make an *** of you and me) all these things about someone else that they don't know from Adam. At this point, I figure that taking info from you and using it would be like going back to 1920 and trying to explain what a cell phone is. To your point, yes, football is a job for these athletes, one that pays millions of dollars so that some can still complain about their tough lives. I, for one don't want to hear it. By the way, I would bet that a whole helluva lot of guys in pro sports in general worked at McDonalds. I wonder what your idols would say about your thoughts on their early life choices.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That ignore comment sure comes in handy doesn’t it??!!! Lol. I just wish Rodgers would cut and wash his hair! He sure has the money for that. Then maybe his play will improve!!!! Just hoping!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Also in the real world, people are polite to others they dont know

I suggest you take the info taken in these situations and use it in your own POSTINGS when it becomes available.

Suggest in this context equals you should do it

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also in the real world, people are polite to others they dont know

I suggest you take the info taken in these situations and use it in your own POSTINGS when it becomes available.

Suggest in this context equals you should do it
I'd say what I stated is an important career lesson that not everyone uses to the fullest. Rodgers is an ELITE employee, thus his leverage in situations like what happened over the offseason is indeed vastly greater than the average worker. This is exactly the same type of scenerios that happen in corporate life every yearly review. Rodgers decided "I don't like what you guys have laid out for me, and I think x, y, and z are better for not only myself but this company"... and they in turn negotiated with him and compromised more than they ever have before. Life lesson that everyone should be behind because YOU CAN DO THIS IN YOUR REAL LIFE. I don't understand why fans would be upset with this, a large majority of you have the capability to do this in your actual lives.
I wouldn't know about working at McDonalds but plenty of good people have started their working lives at Mickey D's. Funny to me that someone assumes (you know when you assume, you make an *** of you and me) all these things about someone else that they don't know from Adam. At this point, I figure that taking info from you and using it would be like going back to 1920 and trying to explain what a cell phone is. To your point, yes, football is a job for these athletes, one that pays millions of dollars so that some can still complain about their tough lives. I, for one don't want to hear it. By the way, I would bet that a whole helluva lot of guys in pro sports in general worked at McDonalds. I wonder what your idols would say about your thoughts on their early life choices.
They would agree with me. Because negotiating your own salary and the inter workings of corporate big business for yourself are not the skill sets learned at Mcd's. Nothing I stated denigrated fast food workers, it's a skillset that workers in that field haven't acquired yet.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say what I stated is an important career lesson that not everyone uses to the fullest. Rodgers is an ELITE employee, thus his leverage in situations like what happened over the offseason is indeed vastly greater than the average worker. This is exactly the same type of scenerios that happen in corporate life every yearly review. Rodgers decided "I don't like what you guys have laid out for me, and I think x, y, and z are better for not only myself but this company"... and they in turn negotiated with him and compromised more than they ever have before. Life lesson that everyone should be behind because YOU CAN DO THIS IN YOUR REAL LIFE. I don't understand why fans would be upset with this, a large majority of you have the capability to do this in your actual lives.

They would agree with me. Because negotiating your own salary and the inter workings of corporate big business for yourself are not the skill sets learned at Mcd's. Nothing I stated denigrated fast food workers, it's a skillset that workers in that field haven't acquired yet.

You you make sense to a certain extent but why does anyone in sports sign a contract if they aren't going to honor it? Rodgers is an elite player and he gets paid accordingly. Why does he have leverage when he signed a contract? If he was a free agent, I get it. Is a contract not a binding thing that means you play, we pay until it expires? Seems pretty simple. There is a difference between negotiating and holding a gun to some ones head.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You you make sense to a certain extent but why does anyone in sports sign a contract if they aren't going to honor it? Rodgers is an elite player and he gets paid accordingly. Why does he have leverage when he signed a contract? If he was a free agent, I get it. Is a contract not a binding thing that means you play, we pay until it expires? Seems pretty simple. There is a difference between negotiating and holding a gun to some ones head.
It's more than just getting $$ with people at his level.. I don't think you quite understand this. If the culture isn't up to par at the company (and it clearly isn't based of the BR piece OR the Rodgers viewpoint whichever way you lean) then the elite employees have to take it upon themselves to occasionally set management straight. Just because he makes $$ he's just supposed to shut up and play his sport? I'm an air traffic controller... just because I make a certain amount of $$ I'm supposed to just shut up about situations that aren't conducive to safety or to a better work environment?? No absolutely not, and I expect the elite players and leaders to speak up for the team.

Rodgers has been quiet for long enough, after that 2014 NFC Championship game I thought that they would change up certain situations and they didn't to the detriment of basically the next 5 year. MLF came in and succeeded right away (mostly thanks to Rodgers and it speaks to how inept MM was). Management YET AGAIN doesn't have the foresight to give the team the proper weapons and tools that they needed in order to succeed AT THE LEVEL that the elite teams do and Rodgers called them out on it. AS HE SHOULD

FYI teams don't honor contracts, because they can terminate you, or ask you to take a paycut at any time because in their eyes you "aren't up to par". Let me get a reaction from some of you if your boss called you into their office and said "You can either take a 10k paycut or find a new job due to you not solving these problems fast enough" and see your reaction

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's more than just getting $$ with people at his level.. I don't think you quite understand this. If the culture isn't up to par at the company (and it clearly isn't based of the BR piece OR the Rodgers viewpoint whichever way you lean) then the elite employees have to take it upon themselves to occasionally set management straight. Just because he makes $$ he's just supposed to shut up and play his sport? I'm an air traffic controller... just because I make a certain amount of $$ I'm supposed to just shut up about situations that aren't conducive to safety or to a better work environment?? No absolutely not, and I expect the elite players and leaders to speak up for the team.

Rodgers has been quiet for long enough, after that 2014 NFC Championship game I thought that they would change up certain situations and they didn't to the detriment of basically the next 5 year. MLF came in and succeeded right away (mostly thanks to Rodgers and it speaks to how inept MM was). Management YET AGAIN doesn't have the foresight to give the team the proper weapons and tools that they needed in order to succeed AT THE LEVEL that the elite teams do and Rodgers called them out on it. AS HE SHOULD

FYI teams don't honor contracts, because they can terminate you, or ask you to take a paycut at any time because in their eyes you "aren't up to par". Let me get a reaction from some of you if your boss called you into their office and said "You can either take a 10k paycut or find a new job due to you not solving these problems fast enough" and see your reaction
The teams can cut you argument doesnt hold water FOR ME..

Their union allows it. They agreed to it.

Members online

Latest posts