The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong. He cleared stated the reasoning behind his dissatisfaction with his employers and boss and made it known TO THEM the issues. Open your ears next time, or become more knowledgeable about the topic since you clearly missed his press conference
Whatever it was it did nothing to improve the team performance. It did not make management better. It did not make the players on the field better. And certainly it did not turn him into another MVP.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong. He cleared stated the reasoning behind his dissatisfaction with his employers and boss and made it known TO THEM the issues. Open your ears next time, or become more knowledgeable about the topic since you clearly missed his press conference
I keep reading how intelligent jhawk is and maybe that's true. However, his social skills need A LOT of work. Does he talk down to everyone? Does he think everyone on here is 7? It's comical.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever it was it did nothing to improve the team performance. It did not make management better. It did not make the players on the field better. And certainly it did not turn him into another MVP.

I'm always curious why fans somehow believe Rodgers wasn't upset last season when he WAS the MVP. Everyone complaining about his attitude this year seems to believe that Rodgers woke up sometime after the season and decided to be mad.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow they give out the MVP award 1 game into the new season? Must have been tucked away in the new memo I wasn't aware of

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't even address the points I made. I couldn't give two ***** why he's disgruntled. He's not the GD general manager! So you really think he's dedicated and focused on winning? I haven't seen a QB look as disinterested in a game as he did since Jay Cutler in the NFCC. How do you, specifically, explain his abysmal play? And don't blame the OL. He was only sacked twice (one because he held the ball too long) and on passing plays where he had 2.5+ seconds in the pocket he was 4-15 with two interceptions, which is the worst of his career. His second interception also might have been the worst throw of his career. You think he's going to throw 48 TDs again this year? What do you predict for his final stats this season?

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't even address the points I made. I couldn't give two ***** why he's disgruntled. He's not the GD general manager! So you really think he's dedicated and focused on winning? I haven't seen a QB look as disinterested in a game as he did since Jay Cutler in the NFCC. How do you, specifically, explain his abysmal play? And don't blame the OL. He was only sacked twice (one because he held the ball too long) and on passing plays where he had 2.5+ seconds in the pocket he was 4-15 with two interceptions, which is the worst of his career. His second interception also might have been the worst throw of his career. You think he's going to throw 48 TDs again this year? What do you predict for his final stats this season?
I don't do season stats after 1 game... If I was then Chandler Jones would have 85 sacks by the end of this year. I'm too smart to encapsulate an entire 17 game season on THE FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR. Yes you have tho, Brady against the Saints last year when they lost by the same score.. Looked "lost" and "disinterested" based on your logic. Do you even pay attention to football? Serious question.. because at this point it doesn't seem like it when you spout info like this when it's so easily dismissable. Come up with better arguments that have some logic to them please.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't do season stats after 1 game... If I was then Chandler Jones would have 85 sacks by the end of this year. I'm too smart to encapsulate an entire 17 game season on THE FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR. Yes you have tho, Brady against the Saints last year when they lost by the same score.. Looked "lost" and "disinterested" based on your logic. Do you even pay attention to football? Serious question.. because at this point it doesn't seem like it when you spout info like this when it's so easily dismissable. Come up with better arguments that have some logic to them please.

Serious question... what makes you think that a quarterback who obviously doesn't want to play for the team he is on is going to have the dedication and focus to play his best? I fully expect you won't bother to answer. You haven't answered a single one yet. You should run for president.

EDIT: And BTW, I saw that Saints/Bucs game. Did you? Brady looked pissed and disgusted. Rodgers looked like he didn't care, most likely because he doesn't.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always curious why fans somehow believe Rodgers wasn't upset last season when he WAS the MVP. Everyone complaining about his attitude this year seems to believe that Rodgers woke up sometime after the season and decided to be mad.

I've actually been fed up with his attitude for a few years.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious question... what makes you think that a quarterback who obviously doesn't want to play for the team he is on is going to have the dedication and focus to play his best? I fully expect you won't bother to answer. You haven't answered a single one yet. You should run for president.

EDIT: And BTW, I saw that Saints/Bucs game. Did you? Brady looked pissed and disgusted. Rodgers looked like he didn't care, most likely because he doesn't.
Then why are you watching this team? If you are under the delusion that one of the greatest players this game has ever seen, simply doesn't care about football anymore 1 game after an all time great season, when everything HE'S stated has been contrary.. why TF are you watching this team? To ***** and moan?

Genuinely curious... it takes a lot for me to get into this sort of mindset, I don't normally go off on random CT thoughts and it takes a lot for me dumb my thinking on this subject.. So help me out here

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've actually been fed up with his attitude for a few years.
Oh no Crow..... Rodgers was on the Pat Mcafee show being a complete dbag laughing about the game on Sunday!! It's obvious he doesn't care!! He went so far as to blame him getting hit below the belt as to why the pass was off on that 1st INT!! Its now become obvious that Rodgers is indeed sabotaging the season and is indeed making a mockery of the Green and Gold!! This has convinced me!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then why are you watching this team? If you are under the delusion that one of the greatest players this game has ever seen, simply doesn't care about football anymore 1 game after an all time great season, when everything HE'S stated has been contrary.. why TF are you watching this team? To ***** and moan?

He DOESN'T WANT TO BE A PACKER. So how on earth can he be dedicated and focused on winning AS A PACKER? I know you won't answer because you can't. What part of this simple concept eludes you? And just because the concept is beyond your mental grasp does not make it a delusion. At this point, it is a strong suspicion.

Genuinely curious... it takes a lot for me to get into this sort of mindset, I don't normally go off on random CT thoughts and it takes a lot for me dumb my thinking on this subject.. So help me out here
Oh, it's abundantly clear that your thinking requires no further dumbing down.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no Crow..... Rodgers was on the Pat Mcafee show being a complete dbag laughing about the game on Sunday!! It's obvious he doesn't care!! He went so far as to blame him getting hit below the belt as to why the pass was off on that 1st INT!! Its now become obvious that Rodgers is indeed sabotaging the season and is indeed making a mockery of the Green and Gold!! This has convinced me!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
*** is wrong with you... seriously? Your rant had nothing to do with my post which you quoted. Now you're just trolling.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He DOESN'T WANT TO BE A PACKER. So how on earth can he be dedicated and focused on winning AS A PACKER? I know you won't answer because you can't. What part of this simple concept eludes you? And just because the concept is beyond your mental grasp does not make it a delusion. At this point, it is a strong suspicion.

Oh, it's abundantly clear that your thinking requires no further dumbing down.
How... when Rodgers has come out with a press conference stating SOME of his issue was the lack of long term commitment to him by the FO, and wanting to retire a Packer. Very much sounds like a guy who doesn't want to be a Packer.

Did I help point you in the right direction as to some of the facts you weren't knowledgeable on? If you need any further help please don't hesitate to reach out to me, I can set you straight

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*** is wrong with you... seriously? Your rant had nothing to do with my post which you quoted. Now you're just trolling.
Your comment about his attitude.. then the joke response back ON HIS ATTITUDE IN THE VIDEO about what happened on Sunday.. Jesus I gotta break down everything for you don't I

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your comment about his attitude.. then the joke response back ON HIS ATTITUDE IN THE VIDEO about what happened on Sunday.. Jesus I gotta break down everything for you don't I
Are you really that obtuse? He's putting on a show in that interview. I couldn't give two ***** about what he tries to portray in a set up interview. I'm talking about his ****-poor attitude ON THE FIELD.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How... when Rodgers has come out with a press conference stating SOME of his issue was the lack of long term commitment to him by the FO, and wanting to retire a Packer. Very much sounds like a guy who doesn't want to be a Packer.

He was already under contract for three more seasons. It's foolish to commit to a guy long term into his 40s. Even Brady has only had short contracts. For a guy who supposedly wants to retire a Packer, he and his agent certainly made it awfully difficult for that to happen.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow they give out the MVP award 1 game into the new season? Must have been tucked away in the new memo I wasn't aware of
For him to win it again this season he would have to put up astronomical numbers the rest of the way. This game will hurt his stock the rest of the way and those that vote for it will remember it.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was already under contract for three more seasons. It's foolish to commit to a guy long term into his 40s. Even Brady has only had short contracts. For a guy who supposedly wants to retire a Packer, he and his agent certainly made it awfully difficult for that to happen.
He negotiated with his employer based on what he wanted for not only himself, but what he saw as positives for his coworkers. This is how it's done in the big boy world.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For him to win it again this season he would have to put up astronomical numbers the rest of the way. This game will hurt his stock the rest of the way and those that vote for it will remember it.
So no the MVP isn't handed out on Week 1 during a 17 game season? Good to know thanks bud

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is mad because he had two terrific seasons in a row under LaFleur and no SB ring to show for it. In the meantime grandfather Tom Brady jumps ship and wins another his first season in Tampa. So inside he is thinking his team should have been better and that is management's fault. And maybe it is. But I never heard Brett Favre imply that in all those years when the team was iffy at best.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So no the MVP isn't handed out on Week 1 during a 17 game season? Good to know thanks bud
Nor is the Heisman. Nor is the NCAA championship. But all it takes is one loss and you may be left out of the BCS final four. Alabama knows that.

D

Deleted member 6794

The offensive line actually played pretty well...Rodgers held on to the ball longer than any QB in week 1...

According to NFL's Next Gen Stats that's not even true. In addition Mondio correctly pointed out the reasoning behind Rodgers taking more time to throw than most other QBs in week 1.

Amen
It was our Offense who sputtered and left the D on the field all of the first half. Conditioning in 95 degrees is paramount.

I'm sorry but the defense becoming the first unit in the NFL since 2000 to give up consecutive touchdown drives of at least 15 plays was the main reason for the team struggling in the first half.

If Rodgers ends up with a similar stat line as last season none of the voters will remember his performance in week 1.

Nor is the Heisman. Nor is the NCAA championship. But all it takes is one loss and you may be left out of the BCS final four. Alabama knows that.

It's different in the NFL though as there have only been two undefeated teams in the regular season since the merger.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Do you practise being a loudmouth know it all or does it just come naturally ? Typical keyboard warrior. Because your OPINION is different, doesn`t make it right. It`s a discussion board and people have opinions, not just you.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to NFL's Next Gen Stats that's not even true. In addition Mondio correctly pointed out the reasoning behind Rodgers taking more time to throw than most other QBs in week 1.

I'm sorry but the defense becoming the first unit in the NFL since 2000 to give up consecutive touchdown drives of at least 15 plays was the main reason for the team struggling in the first half.

If Rodgers ends up with a similar stat line as last season none of the voters will remember his performance in week 1.

It's different in the NFL though as there have only been two undefeated teams in the regular season since the merger.
But how many MVP QBs with a performance like Week One in that year named?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts