The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Brees fan but he can be a stat hound. I've seen the Saints throwing deep when they are up by a couple of scores. I recall a game at Lambeau a couple of years ago after we played the Saints and you could hear Brees say to AR afterwards "why can't I beat you?" lol
He actually said, you're hard to beat.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was pretty funny, but there was some truth. Rodgers is still looking for chunk plays or the big play. He needs to really take the easy play, move the chains, and keep the O on the field winning the time of possession. More time on the field=fresher defense.
Not to mention, he will actually get more chunk plays that way.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats show AR threw 28 20+ yard throws when team is ahead but only 19 when we were behind.

Looks like our recovery game plan is all screwed up.

D

Deleted member 6794

I view Brees as the better QB because he has played at a consistently high level for just about his whole career. Rodgers has had some down periods in his career (part of 2015, and the last 2 seasons). Also, Rodgers has had some bad games in Detroit, and his career rating in domes is 105.2 vs 101.6 outdoors, so he's not ridiculously better in domes.

Brees would have a better career passer rating than Rodgers if he would have consistently performed at a higher level.

While Brees holds the all-time record for most passing yards and touchdowns Rodgers is ahead of him in yards per attempt (7.75 to 7.62), touchdown percentage (6.0 to 5.4) and interceptions percentage (1.39 to 2.33).

I said draft and free agency. There are some great WRs that can be targeted in free agency and even trade. I don't think TE is as essential as WR, with Sternberger and Tonyan on the roster, but there could be some potential for better TE play in the draft or free agency as well.

The Packers need to improve the tight end position this offseason and don't rely on a tandem that has combined to catch 14 balls in their careers.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, there have been only two seasons of a quarterback throwing 25-plus touchdowns and four-or-fewer interceptions in NFL history: Rodgers in 2018 and Rodgers in 2019.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, there have been only two seasons of a quarterback throwing 25-plus touchdowns and four-or-fewer interceptions in NFL history: Rodgers in 2018 and Rodgers in 2019.
This is inaccurate. I can think of two off the top of my head.

Brady 28/2 in 2016, Foles 27/2 in 2013.

After going back and verifying Brady's, I also saw his 36/4 in 2010.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is inaccurate. I can think of two off the top of my head.

Brady 28/2 in 2016, Foles 27/2 in 2013.

After going back and verifying Brady's, I also saw his 36/4 in 2010.
For Foles was he the actual starter or did he replace someone after an injury?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones was on the Fox 1's First things First this morning with Nick Wright and Jenna Wolf this morning and they were talking about Rodgers as well as his leadership. According to Jones it seems like Rodgers is a fine person to be around and a great leader. Just another list of many people that have spoken positively in regards to Rodgers.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which currently playing QB who's not on their first contract is better than AR12?

Wilson? Anyone else?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which currently playing QB who's not on their first contract is better than AR12?

Wilson? Anyone else?
in what way? several veteran guys had a better 2019 than rodgers. click on any category at the top of the grid and see for yourself where rodgers lands in comparison to the rest of the league in that category.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing.htm

i know some hate pff but this was put out there lately.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-best-quarterbacks-ahead-of-super-bowl-liv

Last edited:

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With as much negativity as some of you talk about the Pack, you might as well convert to being Bear fans!!!!

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in what way? several veteran guys had a better 2019 than rodgers. click on any category at the top of the grid and see for yourself where rodgers lands in comparison to the rest of the league in that category.
Yeah, Rodgers is middle of the pack in a lot of categories. But give him some weapons and I'd like to see what he can do. Our offense has basically been starving of malnutrition after focusing (without success) on the defense for so many years.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah but the question was in regards to who's not on their first contract. And considering Rodgers and company got to the NFC Championship, (which he did last time he was fully healthy mind you) I say he's done well all things considered.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers is middle of the pack in a lot of categories. But give him some weapons and I'd like to see what he can do. Our offense has basically been starving of malnutrition after focusing (without success) on the defense for so many years.
whatever, you know Mahomes would have won that game last night the Packers playmakers and pretty much every other QB would have had us in the NFCCG too. ;)

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whatever, you know Mahomes would have won that game last night the Packers playmakers and pretty much every other QB would have had us in the NFCCG too. ;)
That is a BIG assumption you're making there, especially considering Mahomes didn't have that good of a night. (Imo Williams should've been Superbowl MVP) Plus if SF wasn't dumb enough to abandon the run, then chances are they would be sitting here as champions. Making a lot of assumptions there.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah but the question was in regards to who's not on their first contract. And considering Rodgers and company got to the NFC Championship, (which he did last time he was fully healthy mind you) I say he's done well all things considered.
i know what the question was that's why i mentioned veteran qb's. just remove the guys on rookie deals and he move up.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Quarterback A having a better statistical season than quarterback B doesn't automatically make QBA better than QBB. For instance, Ryan Tannehill is not a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers despite whatever argument that one tries to make about the numbers.

Rodgers didn't have a particularly great season in year 1 of a new system with the worst supporting cast of pass catchers he's ever had.

I'll say this as well: Anyone thinking Mahomes would be able to put up the same statistical output with Rodgers' weapons are fooling themselves and anyone thinking Rodgers wouldn't be able to put up video game like numbers with Mahomes' weapons are also kidding themselves.

Context matters. Understanding the situations matter.

Get Rodgers a legit tight end and another WR threat, and a lot of this Rodgers talk becomes moot.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterback A having a better statistical season than quarterback B doesn't automatically make QBA better than QBB. For instance, Ryan Tannehill is not a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers despite whatever argument that one tries to make about the numbers.

Rodgers didn't have a particularly great season in year 1 of a new system with the worst supporting cast of pass catchers he's ever had.

I'll say this as well: Anyone thinking Mahomes would be able to put up the same statistical output with Rodgers' weapons are fooling themselves and anyone thinking Rodgers wouldn't be able to put up video game like numbers with Mahomes' weapons are also kidding themselves.

Context matters. Understanding the situations matter.

Get Rodgers a legit tight end and another WR threat, and a lot of this Rodgers talk becomes moot.
absolutely.

Latest posts