The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you seriously asking why Rodgers has only gotten to one Superbowl in comparison to Brady?

Let me ask you this, over the course of the past decade when has the AFC been more formidable than the NFC? Nevermind the fact that Brady is blessed in a great system with the greatest coach in modern era, who has given him great defenses for the most part of the decade. Nevermind the fact that Brady plays in a weaker division, let alone conference. Tell me what teams in the AFC has New England had to worry about over the years come playoff time? The only two I can think of that New England would have to worry about are the Manning lead teams, and Baltimore whenever they matched up against New England, let alone make the playoffs. Don't give me Pittsburgh because they are New England's punching bag. What team in the AFC was constantly there to give NE? I HATE when people use the whole Brady thing. So are you suggesting Brady's success in New England would be the same if Green Bay? Especially with how bad the defenses has been over the years?

Also the time prior to this year when we played against San Fran at their home, Rodgers BEAT The 49ers, so to say Rodgers can't play in California is asinine. Next are you seriously going to sit here and act like the defenses didn't play a factor in all of this? For goodness' sake, the dude had over 200 yards last night and you're pinning this all at Rodgers feet? Do you hear yourself!? I agree Rodgers gets a portion of the blame for his performance last night but I'm not going to crucify the guy when the defense couldn't stop the run to save their lives.

I'm curious, what are these other 3 stadiums you speak of as well, so enlighten me on that one if you don't mind.

As for your "due" you're giving Rodgers a backhanded compliment, and honestly a disingenuous one at that. ALMOST losing Superbowl 45? Bruh are you serious. Idc if you dislike Rodgers, that's your business. But again I find it strange that you ONLY show up after we lose. So why is that? Why is that you only decide to come out after a loss instead of when we win? You call yourself a fan and yet we only see you after a defeat, just for you to blame Rodgers. Hence why I believe you would rather us lose than us win.

One game a few years ago...or 11 years of horse **** play in 4 different stadiums in California...one is a pattern one is an anamoly...I know which is which...do you?

I 'show up' after wins and losses. As you look through my posts you'll see that I don't always bag on Aaron, and bag on whoever needs to step up their game. The reality is we lost 4 games this year...in 3 Aaron Rodgers was out played by his opponent and in the 4th one he REFUSED to truck a DB who was 35 pounds smaller than him to get the needed game-tying touchdown!

Maybe instead of genuflecting and spewing pro-Aaron Rodgers ******** you should look at how football works, learn your teams history, or at least talk to one of us who was around during the bad times, so maybe you'll change your thinking so that you don't want to go back to that.

Our quarterback is the problem...your bowing before his throne is the problem. Me calling it how it is is NOT the problem!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can tell you why Rodgers only has one Super Bowl ring. It's simple. Defense. From 2011 to 2018 the Packers defense gave up 22.8 points per game. in 2010 that number was 15 ppg. In 2019 that number was 19.6 ppg. That is why the Packers went 13-3. Not because of Rodgers. Brady has had the great advantage of having a good defense for 20 years. It makes it a lot easier to win when you don't have to score as often. From 2008 to 2019, Rodgers has more TD's and less interception than Brady. Overall a better QB during that time frame. Yet Brady is 133-40 in-game to Rodgers 113-60-1. The difference is in the Defense. Only some people still don't want to believe me. In that timeframe, the Pats have been to 5 Super Bowl and won 3 of them. The Packers. 1. But people keep telling me don't know what I'm talking about.

Why didn't we win in 2019 again? Why didn't we win in 2017 and 2018 when Aaron was changing the plays in the huddle on 70% of McCarthy's calls and obviously CHANGING TO THE WRONG DAMN PLAY?

And while I will give you Brady has had a better defense let me ask this...how many Superbowls does Brady win with Jordy Nelson, and Davante Adams as his targets instead of BOB who they picked up the corner of 34th and State in Canarsie to be his #2 wide receiver

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you seriously asking why Rodgers has only gotten to one Superbowl in comparison to Brady?

Let me ask you this, over the course of the past decade when has the AFC been more formidable than the NFC? Nevermind the fact that Brady is blessed in a great system with the greatest coach in modern era, who has given him great defenses for the most part of the decade. Nevermind the fact that Brady plays in a weaker division, let alone conference. Tell me what teams in the AFC has New England had to worry about over the years come playoff time? The only two I can think of that New England would have to worry about are the Manning lead teams, and Baltimore whenever they matched up against New England, let alone make the playoffs. Don't give me Pittsburgh because they are New England's punching bag. What team in the AFC was constantly there to give NE? I HATE when people use the whole Brady thing. So are you suggesting Brady's success in New England would be the same if Green Bay? Especially with how bad the defenses has been over the years?

Also the time prior to this year when we played against San Fran at their home, Rodgers BEAT The 49ers, so to say Rodgers can't play in California is asinine. Next are you seriously going to sit here and act like the defenses didn't play a factor in all of this? For goodness' sake, the dude had over 200 yards last night and you're pinning this all at Rodgers feet? Do you hear yourself!? I agree Rodgers gets a portion of the blame for his performance last night but I'm not going to crucify the guy when the defense couldn't stop the run to save their lives.

I'm curious, what are these other 3 stadiums you speak of as well, so enlighten me on that one if you don't mind.

As for your "due" you're giving Rodgers a backhanded compliment, and honestly a disingenuous one at that. ALMOST losing Superbowl 45? Bruh are you serious. Idc if you dislike Rodgers, that's your business. But again I find it strange that you ONLY show up after we lose. So why is that? Why is that you only decide to come out after a loss instead of when we win? You call yourself a fan and yet we only see you after a defeat, just for you to blame Rodgers. Hence why I believe you would rather us lose than us win.
I find it hard to understand how criticizing a certain player, coach or team equates to wanting them to lose. Isn't criticism and displeasure when things aren't going well, the very definition of fanatic?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, first off, I can't believe i'm going to put this much thought into a troll and 2nd. Brady has always been very well protected and has had top 10 defenses. Hasn't won anything without one.

and 3rd, maybe you've never heard of Troy Brown, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski (who's that?), Edleman, Randy Moss, Deon Branch, Amendola, and a bunch of RB's. Lets not act like he's done it alone in the passing dept.

and without Vinitari and Gostowski, does Tom win any Super Bowls?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Let's talk about the Easy division Brady plays in comparison to the north.

Code:
            W  L  T  TG   Win %
Bears     157 163 0 320    .491
Lions     114 205 1 320    .356
Vikings   165 153 2 320    .516
Total     436 521 3 960    .454

Code:
Jets       148 172 0 320    .463
Dolphins   149 171 0 320    .466
Bills      137 183 0 320    .422
Total.     434 526 0 960    .452

Let's add the records against said division opponents. 8 games over 20 years.
Code:
Pats.   91-30-0 
Packers 83-38-2

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it hard to understand how criticizing a certain player, coach or team equates to wanting them to lose. Isn't criticism and displeasure when things aren't going well, the very definition of fanatic?
Criticism is one thing. It's another thing to only show up (conveniently btw) after every time we lose a game just to bash the guy. Matter of fact where we you throughout most of the season? I certainly don't recall seeing you over the past few weeks. I find it strange a handful of you have now suddenly appeared after our defeat, but I have never seen you guys if ever be around after our wins? There have been plenty of times for you guys to bring up these criticisms you have regarding Rodgers, if you want to call them that. So is it why you guys are showing up out out the woodwork?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Let me say this. When your post count is lower for the year than the resident Vikings fan..................people will question your motives.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game a few years ago...or 11 years of horse **** play in 4 different stadiums in California...one is a pattern one is an anamoly...I know which is which...do you?

I 'show up' after wins and losses. As you look through my posts you'll see that I don't always bag on Aaron, and bag on whoever needs to step up their game. The reality is we lost 4 games this year...in 3 Aaron Rodgers was out played by his opponent and in the 4th one he REFUSED to truck a DB who was 35 pounds smaller than him to get the needed game-tying touchdown!

Maybe instead of genuflecting and spewing pro-Aaron Rodgers ******** you should look at how football works, learn your teams history, or at least talk to one of us who was around during the bad times, so maybe you'll change your thinking so that you don't want to go back to that.

Our quarterback is the problem...your bowing before his throne is the problem. Me calling it how it is is NOT the problem!
Oh ******** Flair! That is complete and utter ******** and you know it! Where the hell were you throughout the earlier weeks huh? The only times I saw you was after a defeat. I guarantee I can probably pull up at LEAST 3 instances over the past year where you only show up to bash Rodgers in some form or fashion.

11 years? New flash! Other than this past year, that was the first time Rodgers lost an away game against The Chargers, as for San Francisco. Rodgers is 1-5. But that's with San Fran having the top defenses in the league in BOTH instances, and were a better team than The Packers. In those losses The Packers defense gave up over 30 points! And somehow that is Rodgers' fault?! (To all my contemporaries here I apologize in advance) Are you that ignorant or just plain stupid?

What does bad times have do with anything, in particularly with Rodgers? We just had two bad years, and granted I've been here for almost 2 years, but you haven't seen me run and hide have you? Now we make it all the way to the NFC Championship with a 13-3 record and the best you got is to bash on the quarterback who helped contribute to this team's success? Don't come at me with this dark times bs, though I wasn't born through those times I've endured plenty disappointing seasons and still my loyalty hasn't changed. If anything you SHOULD be happy considering how much bad we were the past two years!

As for my ********? Let me ask you something, what about yours!? I can pull up where I've been critical on Rodgers, hell I just finished doing so this game. Unlike you I can be OBJECTIVE with my criticism rather than act like some ******** who can't comprehend that a QB doesn't play on the opposite side of the ball and isn't responsible for the defense stopping their opponents from scoring points, especially letting an individual run for 200 freaking yards and score on them at will.

You've yet to explain how our QB is the problem, so I'm waiting. Don't give me this "Why can't he win in San Francisco bs". I want a legit explanation as to how Rodgers is holding this team back from winning the Superbowl. If you come up with legitimate points I'll address them.

Last edited:

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Criticism is one thing. It's another thing to only show up (conveniently btw) after every time we lose a game just to bash the guy. Matter of fact where we you throughout most of the season? I certainly don't recall seeing you over the past few weeks. I find it strange a handful of you have now suddenly appeared after our defeat, but I have never seen you guys if ever be around after our wins? There have been plenty of times for you guys to bring up these criticisms you have regarding Rodgers, if you want to call them that. So is it why you guys are showing up out out the woodwork?
Just so you know, this is exactly the reason that you haven't seen me around for a while. I am tired of being reprimanded like I'm a little kid. I came back to hopefully make myself feel better by ranting about my team ( which btw, was why the damn thing is here in the first place ) but people like you make it too much work. How old are you? 12?

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
…….stupid me, I never thought to count my number of posts. I never thought it mattered. Shame of it is, it took a Viking fan to remind me of that. Do7, let me know when I qualify, if ever, to have a legitimate opinion.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all the moderators and other contemporaries I apologize about that previous post I just did in regards to Flair.

Just so you know, this is exactly the reason that you haven't seen me around for a while. I am tired of being reprimanded like I'm a little kid. I came back to hopefully make myself feel better by ranting about my team ( which btw, was why the damn thing is here in the first place ) but people like you make it too much work. How old are you? 12?

Dude this is a forum. You're free to express your opinions, but like I said earlier, understand that while you are free to express those opinions, people have the same right to criticize them and challenge them. So what I don't agree with your line of thinking. It's not like I called you an idiot or anything of the matter. And also your timing is another thing. I've been for nearly two years just like you and I mentally keep tabs on when people makes an appearance on here. I do this this to get an idea of everyone here, especially considering how I plan to be here for the long haul. Considering the circumstances in all the previous times I've noticed you and how they match up, I just find it convenient.

There's an old saying which I think holds true now, you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I respect your opinion, but I just so happen don't share your outlook.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've yet to explain how our QB is the problem, so I'm waiting. Don't give me this "Why can't he win in San Francisco bs". I want a legit explanation as to how Rodgers is holding this team back from winning the Superbowl. If you come up with legitimate points I'll address them.

So you believe Rodgers is above reproach?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you believe Rodgers is above reproach?
Did I say that? If you had fully read what I said to Flair, then you would've clearly seen I even mentioned that I criticized Rodgers for his performance.

Exhibit A.
Believe it or not I'm not gonna pin this on MLF simply due to they had to get away from their original plan. I blame more Petine if anything for not adjusting. The only thing I didn't like was him going for the onside kick instead of kicking it off, and going for 2. Other than that I'm giving him a pass. In regards to the offense, I hate to say this, but this is largely is on Rodgers. That int and ESPECIALLY that fumble killed us. The oline wasn't that great either.

Exhibit B.
Why am I NOT surprised to see you sly your way back in here after this loss? The worst thing is I can't refute what you're saying because Rodgers played poorly. You were waiting for this to happen. Won't be surprised if we see Quientus as well in the next couple days.

I clearly placed blame on Rodgers feet, but unlike someone i'm not going solely pin this all on him, not after a pitiful performance by our defense. Let alone question his passion or his heart.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's talk about the Easy division Brady plays in comparison to the north.

Code:
            W  L  T  TG   Win %
Bears     157 163 0 320    .491
Lions     114 205 1 320    .356
Vikings   165 153 2 320    .516
Total     436 521 3 960    .454

Code:
Jets       148 172 0 320    .463
Dolphins   149 171 0 320    .466
Bills      137 183 0 320    .422
Total.     434 526 0 960    .452

Let's add the records against said division opponents. 8 games over 20 years.
Code:
Pats.   91-30-0
Packers 83-38-2
A little deceptive.over 20 years the East teams were mostly mediocre every season. The north, OTH, the bears and Vikings both had some very good years as well as some crap seasons. They balance out as mediocre.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can tell you why Rodgers only has one Super Bowl ring. It's simple. Defense. From 2011 to 2018 the Packers defense gave up 22.8 points per game. in 2010 that number was 15 ppg. In 2019 that number was 19.6 ppg. That is why the Packers went 13-3. Not because of Rodgers. Brady has had the great advantage of having a good defense for 20 years. It makes it a lot easier to win when you don't have to score as often. From 2008 to 2019, Rodgers has more TD's and less interception than Brady. Overall a better QB during that time frame. Yet Brady is 133-40 in-game to Rodgers 113-60-1. The difference is in the Defense. Only some people still don't want to believe me. In that timeframe, the Pats have been to 5 Super Bowl and won 3 of them. The Packers. 1. But people keep telling me don't know what I'm talking about.

The only people who would disagree with what you posted is Patriots fans.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all the moderators and other contemporaries I apologize about that previous post I just did in regards to Flair.

Dude this is a forum. You're free to express your opinions, but like I said earlier, understand that while you are free to express those opinions, people have the same right to criticize them and challenge them. So what I don't agree with your line of thinking. It's not like I called you an idiot or anything of the matter. And also your timing is another thing. I've been for nearly two years just like you and I mentally keep tabs on when people makes an appearance on here. I do this this to get an idea of everyone here, especially considering how I plan to be here for the long haul. Considering the circumstances in all the previous times I've noticed you and how they match up, I just find it convenient.

There's an old saying which I think holds true now, you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I respect your opinion, but I just so happen don't share your outlook.
I am a little creeped out by someone saying they keep a mental tab on me and my posts. Note to self - remember, there is an ignore button.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a little creeped out by someone saying they keep a mental tab on me and my posts. Note to self - remember, there is an ignore button.
If that's all you got out of that, then do both of us a favor and do just that. Clearly it's a waste of time trying to reason with you. I swear people are so sensitive.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like this thread can use a subject change....

How about we talk about the easy fumbling Rodgers has had this year. It seems almost any time he's hit he's fumbling (just an observation). He's gotta work on his grip strength, or I wonder if partly this is intentional (or subjectively learned) as landing on the ball may pop his collarbone....

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
…….stupid me, I never thought to count my number of posts. I never thought it mattered. Shame of it is, it took a Viking fan to remind me of that. Do7, let me know when I qualify, if ever, to have a legitimate opinion.
The ignore function is nifty. Won’t even have to deal with him if you don’t want. I don’t buy that certain posters keep you from contributing more often.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh ******** Flair! That is complete and utter ******** and you know it! Where the hell were you throughout the earlier weeks huh? The only times I saw you was after a defeat. I guarantee I can probably pull up at LEAST 3 instances over the past year where you only show up to bash Rodgers in some form or fashion.

11 years? New flash! Other than this past year, that was the first time Rodgers lost an away game against The Chargers, as for San Francisco. Rodgers is 1-5. But that's with San Fran having the top defenses in the league in BOTH instances, and were a better team than The Packers. In those losses The Packers defense gave up over 30 points! And somehow that is Rodgers' fault?! (To all my contemporaries here I apologize in advance) Are you that ignorant or just plain stupid?

What does bad times have do with anything, in particularly with Rodgers? We just had two bad years, and granted I've been here for almost 2 years, but you haven't seen me run and hide have you? Now we make it all the way to the NFC Championship with a 13-3 record and the best you got is to bash on the quarterback who helped contribute to this team's success? Don't come at me with this dark times bs, though I wasn't born through those times I've endured plenty disappointing seasons and still my loyalty hasn't changed. If anything you SHOULD be happy considering how much bad we were the past two years!

As for my ********? Let me ask you something, what about yours!? I can pull up where I've been critical on Rodgers, hell I just finished doing so this game. Unlike you I can be OBJECTIVE with my criticism rather than act like some ******** who can't comprehend that a QB doesn't play on the opposite side of the ball and isn't responsible for the defense stopping their opponents from scoring points, especially letting an individual run for 200 freaking yards and score on them at will.

Maybe I didn't make this clear. WITHOUT the fumble and first INT we are down 7 at the two minute warning...NOT 17...7 point deficit is a deficit where we can probably get it to OT. WITH those 2 Aaron Rodgers non-defensive F*** UPS we're down 17 at the 2 minute warning...and WITH the D giving up 300 yards in BOTH situations! YOUR BOY LOST THE GAME PERIOD!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what happens to Patrick Mahomes if he wins the Super Bowl this year, since he's been anointed as the next Aaron Rodgers (but better). Will he ever get back to the Super Bowl? If not, how does that affect his reputation? Or will it go the other way and he ends up going to five Super Bowls like John Elway? Will KC be able to keep great talent around him?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ignore function is nifty. Won’t even have to deal with him if you don’t want. I don’t buy that certain posters keep you from contributing more often.
I try not to put people on ignore for the simple reason to hear people out, whether I agree with them or not, because at the end of the day, it's their opinion and I respect that. But I'm definitely gonna start using it now. It saves a lot of time and energy. Plus I'm sure the moderators will appreciate it.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what happens to Patrick Mahomes if he wins the Super Bowl this year, since he's been anointed as the next Aaron Rodgers (but better). Will he ever get back to the Super Bowl? If not, how does that affect his reputation? Or will it go the other way and he ends up going to five Super Bowls like John Elway? Will KC be able to keep great talent around him?

There is already another Top 3 QB of the past decade who won one SB and then had his career wasted away - Drew Brees.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is already another Top 3 QB of the past decade who won one SB and then had his career wasted away - Drew Brees.
Brees/Payton are a virtual carbon copy of Rodgers McCarthy one Super Bowl and similar post-season records after. Yet somehow Payton is revered as one of the best coaches in the NFL.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees didn't get the GOAT accolades early on like Rodgers did and Mahomes is getting now. But yeah, he's a good example. I know a lot of fans were unhappy that we hired McCarthy over Sean Payton.

Members online

Latest posts