The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Article of interest at www. cbssports.com. the basic the thrust of it is that we may have seen the best of Rodgers and he may be in decline. Interesting film of some missed throws in Chicago game.
I do have hope that with the offseason his accuracy will return. His accuracy wasn't a big deal in that first game against Chicago. It seemed, to me anyway, to creep in after a few weeks of playing on that bad knee. and I've mentioned it a few times so I won't go into details, but that will affect accuracy over time. Even as the knee gets better, everything he had to over use to do what he always did to throw the ball got worse until it affected his accuracy. I think the early reports of his decline are just internet fodder at this point. I think that, and not finding any rhythm with new receivers had more to do with it than anything. But there were still times when he wanted to, he slung that ball like we've gotten used to.

There's no question he was off for much of this season and was a definite part of the problem. But i don't think it's permanent.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, it's mind-boggling that some fans take issue with the unquestioned leader of the team calling out teammates for not practicing the right way.

Say those things to them, personally. If they don't listen, find someone that will. There is zero benefit from calling teammates out publicly. If anything that is the kind of stuff that divides locker rooms and not brings them together. When I have people screw up at work I don't hold a press conference to tell the world about how **** poor their work is. Work it out as a team and strive to be better.

Also pretty hypocritical to call out others when your play is sub-par as well.

While Football Outsiders is mostly doing a great job Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement isn't a great metric to evaluate quarterback performance.

Football outsiders is not the problem...

Rodgers is 17th at football outsiders,
17th on ESPN total QBR,
14th in QBR,
27th in accuracy

Really he hasn't been elite at anything except not throwing picks. So while he is in the bottom 5 in accuracy this year (after taking out the throw-away passes and drops) at least he can't hit the other team as well. So that is something.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need a Packersforum.com retreat to end all of this negativity and anger. I'll bring the beers.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Brady gets in team mates faces when they don't perform.

Is that okay?

Very rarely, if at all (I can only remember once Brady has complained publically) do you see Brady, Brees pr Favre, for that matter publically critize their team mates. Yes, they get in their teammates face during games, however, they move on quickly after that. The problem with Rodgers is that (he seemingly) hold grudges, which isn’t okay, when you are supposed to be the unqueationed Leader. The team doesnt rally behind Rodgers like you see the team around the above mentioned do ...

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is film footage. We've all seen it.
We've all seen Aaron Rodgers screaming at teammates and throwing a tantrum on the field? You've got to be kidding right? If not, I'd like a link to the video evidence, because no, we have not "all seen it."

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We've all seen Aaron Rodgers screaming at teammates and throwing a tantrum on the field? You've got to be kidding right? If not, I'd like a link to the video evidence, because no, we have not "all seen it."

Maybe you were on sabbatical at the time. Merry Christmas anyway :whistling:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it funny how people consistently make these claims about Aaron Rodgers' character, etc., yet when it comes time to provide evidence of this happening on the field, suddenly it gets very quiet. :)

Screaming and yelling at teammates? I have NEVER seen Aaron Rodgers do this. I've seen others, including Tom Brady do this, however.

I'll wait for the video evidence. Until then, it's fake news.

Last edited:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And now we're seriously questioning that he's running the place? If that was the freaking case, wouldn't his QB coach still be here? Wouldn't Jordy Nelson be here? Or what about Jared Cook? Geez you guys. Get a freaking grip!
Well said. For a guy who is supposedly above the organization, he doesn't seem to be getting his way on these roster moves.

I

I'm not quiet. It was on one of the threads on the forum and I have neither the time or patience to track it down for you. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Those are QB rankings from Football Outsiders ... - I’m afraid your boy Rodgers isn’t as Great and unfallible as you clearly think and want him to be ... Incidently Bradys Name sure does pop up alot in the top in multiple years ... lol
My original point is that, for anyone who says Aaron Rodgers hasn't lived up to the hype, is just incorrect and false. You go find me the list of quarterbacks that have won multiple MVP awards. I'll let you in on a secret, they're all in the hall of fame, and all of them are regarded as no worse than top 15-20 quarterbacks ever.

He's only #1 all time in passer rating and TD to INT ratio. But somehow he hasn't lived up to the hype. It's just a clown statement to make. There's no other way around it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So here are the kinds of things that we hear/see. Watch and listen to this short video (below) from 2016 no less. Fans can take it 2 ways.......Aaron Rodgers is disappointed in his teammates and is "calling them out" or Aaron Rodgers is disappointed in the whole team, including himself. Also keep in mind that this media blurb is just that, its not Aaron Rodgers himself. There are quotes from Rodgers himself mixed in but then the reporter throws in their own quote "He ripped into his teammates after the loss". Did he or is someone just trying to sell clicks?

I'm not absolving Rodgers of anything here, I am just saying that this is the classic snowball rolling down the hill and with the media and the internet, that snowball can be about as big as anyone wants to imagine it.

The most important information, to me, is what his teammates and coaches think of the guy. Something not a lot of us are privy to.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

So here are the kinds of things that we hear/see. Watch and listen to this short video (below) from 2016 no less. Fans can take it 2 ways.......Aaron Rodgers is disappointed in his teammates and is "calling them out" or Aaron Rodgers is disappointed in the whole team, including himself. Also keep in mind that this media blurb is just that, its not Aaron Rodgers himself. There are quotes from Rodgers himself mixed in but then the reporter throws in their own quote "He ripped into his teammates after the loss". Did he or is someone just trying to sell clicks?

I'm not absolving Rodgers of anything here, I am just saying that this is the classic snowball rolling down the hill and with the media and the internet, that snowball can be about as big as anyone wants to imagine it.

The most important information, to me, is what his teammates and coaches think of the guy. Something not a lot of us are privy to.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thank you.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans can take it 2 ways.......Aaron Rodgers is disappointed in his teammates and is "calling them out" or Aaron Rodgers is disappointed in the whole team, including himself. Also keep in mind that this media blurb is just that, its not Aaron Rodgers himself. There are quotes from Rodgers himself mixed in but then the reporter throws in their own quote "He ripped into his teammates after the loss". Did he or is someone just trying to sell clicks?
I think the media plays a big role in how some people interpret things. Like you said, sometimes they will say things like he "ripped into the team" and then they give the quote Rodgers said, and I'm left shaking my head as to how that qualifies as "ripping" the team.

I agree that fans take it one of two ways. From what I have heard Aaron say, he does not shy away from including himself in the team when he says they need to play better. That is how I interpret it. I don't understand where the claim that he doesn't hold himself accountable comes from.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say those things to them, personally. If they don't listen, find someone that will. There is zero benefit from calling teammates out publicly. If anything that is the kind of stuff that divides locker rooms and not brings them together. When I have people screw up at work I don't hold a press conference to tell the world about how **** poor their work is. Work it out as a team and strive to be better.

Also pretty hypocritical to call out others when your play is sub-par as well.

Football outsiders is not the problem...

Rodgers is 17th at football outsiders,
17th on ESPN total QBR,
14th in QBR,
27th in accuracy

Really he hasn't been elite at anything except not throwing picks. So while he is in the bottom 5 in accuracy this year (after taking out the throw-away passes and drops) at least he can't hit the other team as well. So that is something.

And who's to say he hasn't spoken to them in regards to what they've been doing incorrectly? How do you know he hasn't. There's a difference in calling out teammates in public and giving an overall assessment as he was doing. Do you seriously believe Rodgers held a press conference just to tell everyone how badly the receivers were doing? Gimme a break! Again who's to say he hasn't?

Again I agree in regards to his GAME Rodgers needs to improve, which just comes to show if he's off how screwed we are as a franchise. Only difference now is that he's compensated and it is expected of him to b/c he got RIGHTFULLY paid.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There's been two instances in the past few seasons that I can recall where Rodgers has taken a pretty obvious late hit that was viewed as a cheap shot from an opposing defender, and in both instances, his Packers teammates nearly started a brawl coming to his defense.

To PB's point, the opinions of the guys in that locker room is what I'm concerned with. And instances like that lead me to believe that those guys have Aaron's back. Everyone else in the media with hot takes can go kick rocks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Winning seems to solve a lot of perceived problems and the Packers aren't winning, so let the smoking gun theories begin. Had Lombardi started loosing, I am sure media and fans would all be digging through microfiche to glom onto any and all of Lombardi's perceived negatives to try and pin the blame on someone and that someone is usually the guy at the top of the food chain.

With the internet those theories are rapid paced and wide spread, we wouldn't know about "what was wrong with Lombardi's Packers", years later when a book was released.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very rarely, if at all (I can only remember once Brady has complained publically) do you see Brady, Brees pr Favre, for that matter publically critize their team mates. Yes, they get in their teammates face during games, however, they move on quickly after that. The problem with Rodgers is that (he seemingly) hold grudges, which isn’t okay, when you are supposed to be the unqueationed Leader. The team doesnt rally behind Rodgers like you see the team around the above mentioned do ...
You're joking? Brady has gotten into pissing contests with players and coaches on the side lines more than once dude.

Oh and since you've brought Brett Favre into the equation about leadership, that is just cute. So holding the team hostage was an EXCELLENT form of leadership right, showing lewd pics is another good example of leadership you'd want your quarterback to his play right? I could go more into this if you'd like. Smh.

The problem with Rodgers he holds grudges...Okay let's say for the sake of argument that he holds grudges for teammates for running the wrong route (do you hear how ridiculous that sounds) the fact that you said the team doesn't rally around Rodgers is absolutely stupid. That is absolutely asinine. How many times has Rodgers lead the team down in crunch time situations? Getting people to execute in a dire situations that requires leadership. So spare me with this whole the team doesn't rally behind Rodgers, because that is just not true.

*Edit Let me clarify something real fast. Rodgers does hold on to things which is why he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. It's what helps him elevate his game. But holding on to grudges b/c of someone running the wrong route? I'm not buying that.

From the way you're painting Rodgers, you're making it seem like he's freaking Jay Cutler. If you say he is, then we're done here. Newsflash every QB leads differently from others. I've already provided evidence of Rodgers going in the huddle getting everyone prepared and whatnot. No he most certainly isn't Drew Brees. Imho the greatest leaders I've seen in my life in regards to pumping up there team are Ray Lewis and Drew Brees. Tom Brady nowhere near as vocal as those two and yet he can get away with barking and yelling because he's "passionate" and he doesn't want to lose, and yet Rodgers showing a bit of frustration he's a bad leader? Gimme a break.

Looking at all these comments we as a group don't deserve someone as talented as Rodgers. He's been spoiling us for the past decade and now b/c of 1 bad year we turn on him.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And who's to say he hasn't spoken to them in regards to what they've been doing incorrectly? How do you know he hasn't. There's a difference in calling out teammates in public and giving an overall assessment as he was doing. Do you seriously believe Rodgers held a press conference just to tell everyone how badly the receivers were doing? Gimme a break! Again who's to say he hasn't?

Again I agree in regards to his GAME Rodgers needs to improve, which just comes to show if he's off how screwed we are as a franchise. Only difference now is that he's compensated and it is expected of him to b/c he got RIGHTFULLY paid.

I never said that he didn't speak to them privately as he most likely tried that first. Again, that is not what I am stating... I am saying it serves the team no purpose to publicly call these players out. All you are doing is setting up a scenario where you have someone else to blame. Which is what everyone is doing now. Ohh it's the routes, the young receivers, no separation, the offensive line, the running game, the play calling, the coaching, etc.

When in reality the receivers could easily call out Rodgers for being bottom half in accuracy. How do you think that would go over... Hey Davante what happened in the game today, "Well it was quite the **** poor performance by Aaron, I had a wide open touchdown that he missed by 5 yards. Then he spike the ball at my feet on third down. Overall just not the effort I would expect from him. "

It has been true on a number of occasions this year. So in your mind he would be OK doing that? Just because he in questionably the best player on the team in 2018? But did you hear them complain... No. Why? Because It serves no purpose, they are professionals and know when they make errors. Players and coaches go over film to correct them internally. Ousting your teammate to the reporters, doesn't help anyone. The coaches know and if it continues to happen that is there job to cut or fix it.

But Aaron can go around throwing his hands in the air in disgust, yelling at his receivers, calling coaches, receivers, gm out to the media. And its all good, because he is Sir Aaron the leader of the Pack!

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
You're joking? Brady has gotten into pissing contests with players and coaches on the side lines more than once dude.

Oh and since you've brought Brett Favre into the equation about leadership, that is just cute. So holding the team hostage was an EXCELLENT form of leadership right, showing lewd pics is another good example of leadership you'd want your quarterback to his play right? I could go more into this if you'd like. Smh.

The problem with Rodgers he holds grudges...Okay let's say for the sake of argument that he holds grudges for teammates for running the wrong route (do you hear how ridiculous that sounds) the fact that you said the team doesn't rally around Rodgers is absolutely stupid. That is absolutely asinine. How many times has Rodgers lead the team down in crunch time situations? Getting people to execute in a dire situations that requires leadership. So spare me with this whole the team doesn't rally behind Rodgers, because that is just not true.

*Edit Let me clarify something real fast. Rodgers does hold on to things which is why he plays with a huge chip on his shoulder. It's what helps him elevate his game. But holding on to grudges b/c of someone running the wrong route? I'm not buying that.

From the way you're painting Rodgers, you're making it seem like he's freaking Jay Cutler. If you say he is, then we're done here. Newsflash every QB leads differently from others. I've already provided evidence of Rodgers going in the huddle getting everyone prepared and whatnot. No he most certainly isn't Drew Brees. Imho the greatest leaders I've seen in my life in regards to pumping up there team are Ray Lewis and Drew Brees. Tom Brady nowhere near as vocal as those two and yet he can get away with barking and yelling because he's "passionate" and he doesn't want to lose, and yet Rodgers showing a bit of frustration he's a bad leader? Gimme a break.

Looking at all these comments we as a group don't deserve someone as talented as Rodgers. He's been spoiling us for the past decade and now b/c of 1 bad year we turn on him.

1) I never said Brady, Brees or Favre for that matter never yelled or get in/Got in their teammates faces - on the contrary. However you wont see them throw Anyone under the bus like Rodgers has ...

Might want to read what is written before you reply to something “You think was meant” ...

2) obviously you and I haven’t been watching the same games, because it seems that according to you Rodgers is never at fault ... - There are numerous games were (The “GoaT” :rolleyes: ...) Rodgers had ample opportunity, however - in your optics that was probably the o-Lines fault / the WRs fault / wrong Play call ... / <insert what-ever-asinine-excuse-you-have-here>.

Bottom Line is, Rodgers isn’t without fault, which is the only thing some of us here have said ... None of us are disputing his qualities or Football talent ... - I am disputing the notion that he is “seldom” to blame though ...

3) I’ve never denied Favre could have ended things better in GB than he did, however ... it takes two to tango, but that isn’t a discussion that We should have in this thread ...

4) Regardless How things ended with Favre in GB, you cant deny, as a Leader he was much better than Rodgers (probably ever) will be.

5) I wouldn’t mind Rodgers getting in ppls face DURING a game, BUT I do mind him throwing ppl under the bus during interviews though, which is what I’ve said all along ...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I never said that he didn't speak to them privately as he most likely tried that first. Again, that is not what I am stating... I am saying it serves the team no purpose to publicly call these players out. All you are doing is setting up a scenario where you have someone else to blame. Which is what everyone is doing now. Ohh it's the routes, the young receivers, no separation, the offensive line, the running game, the play calling, the coaching, etc.

When in reality the receivers could easily call out Rodgers for being bottom half in accuracy. How do you think that would go over... Hey Davante what happened in the game today, "Well it was quite the **** poor performance by Aaron, I had a wide open touchdown that he missed by 5 yards. Then he spike the ball at my feet on third down. Overall just not the effort I would expect from him. "

It has been true on a number of occasions this year. So in your mind he would be OK doing that? Just because he in questionably the best player on the team in 2018? But did you hear them complain... No. Why? Because It serves no purpose, they are professionals and know when they make errors. Players and coaches go over film to correct them internally. Ousting your teammate to the reporters, doesn't help anyone. The coaches know and if it continues to happen that is there job to cut or fix it.

But Aaron can go around throwing his hands in the air in disgust, yelling at his receivers, calling coaches, receivers, gm out to the media. And its all good, because he is Sir Aaron the leader of the Pack!
It baffles me how this is an issue now when it wasn't an issue before.

I'll say it again. Aaron Rodgers has always been this way. Always. But now because the team is losing, it has to be because of the lack of leadership from Aaron Rodgers. It's just insane.

As an aside though, I would implore you to find even one post game presser in 2018 in which Rodgers didn't also say that he himself needed to play better. You might be able to find one, but I listen to every single one of them and I would say 90+ percent of the time, he says the team needs to play better and that it starts with him as the leader of the football team.

Latest posts