The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You mean, like you did ? /boggle :rolleyes:

You dont do much stat Reading do you ? Or only when you need to find those stats that support your argument ? Lol
Is this a serious response?

You’re saying he’s 2nd one year, 12th in another, etc. 12th in what? Touchdowns? Completion percentage? Times he took a crap? Number of times he tied his shoes during the game?

Tell what stat you are talking about and then we can have a real conversation. But don’t tell me where he ranks in a statistic, and then fail to tell us what that statistic is. Lmao.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
#12 played with a brace on for the majorty of this season. Even the casual spectator knows that affects performance. Then we take one of our top Wideouts who Aaron also has chemistry with and replace him with three 3rd day picks out of desperation to hopefully land 1 good one? There’s not a QB in this league that could go out there under these circumstances and made this a playoff caliber team.
Let’s quit being overly critical of Aaron.
I understand being frustrated and needing an outlet but let’s be honest here the entire team kinda sucked with very few bright spots. Tom Brady on a healthy leg all season wouldn’t take this team to the post season!
Driver was a 7th rounder..

But... Vs Chicago, knee was OK.. No brace and missed wide open wr.. 2 times!

Don't lay any blame other than Rodgers..

It's 14th game.. He has had more than enough time to get in sync with wr..

It's OK to say he isn't the Rodgers we are used to.

Back in Brett's day, no one wanted to blame Brett tossing horrible interceptions . Don't start the same with Rodgers..

If we can blame Jimmy, or Clay or whomever for not performing, it can be said about Rodgers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You’re saying he’s 2nd one year, 12th in another, etc. 12th in what? Touchdowns? Completion percentage? Times he took a crap? Number of times he tied his shoes during the game?

Tell what stat you are talking about and then we can have a real conversation. But don’t tell me where he ranks in a statistic, and then fail to tell us what that statistic is. Lmao.
U know.. Rodgers Is 28th in competition percentage?

That's horribly bad for him.. Isn't it?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

Those are QB rankings from Football Outsiders ... - I’m afraid your boy Rodgers isn’t as Great and unfallible as you clearly think and want him to be ... Incidently Bradys Name sure does pop up alot in the top in multiple years ... lol

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Driver was a 7th rounder..

But... Vs Chicago, knee was OK.. No brace and missed wide open wr.. 2 times!

Don't lay any blame other than Rodgers..

It's 14th game.. He has had more than enough time to get in sync with wr..

It's OK to say he isn't the Rodgers we are used to.

Back in Brett's day, no one wanted to blame Brett tossing horrible interceptions . Don't start the same with Rodgers..

If we can blame Jimmy, or Clay or whomever for not performing, it can be said about Rodgers

I don't think anyone is saying that Rodgers didn't have a down year to his standards but when you consider the MM situation along with the knee injury and the failure to replenish the offensive talent overall it's not a big surprise he had a down year. In fact, I thought he was done in the Chicago game when he was getting carted to the locker room which looked like a pretty serious injury. There was debate at that time after that game to sit him and let him get right but Aaron's competitive nature kept him playing. Now some are pointing the finger at him as he is the problem and its crap.

Also, Favre had a down year with Ray Rhodes and went on to have several good seasons after that. If the Packers make the right moves getting the offense where it needs to be as a whole I dont see any reason Rodgers can't do the same.

D

Deleted member 6794

If you compare the stats teamwise, it is evident that Favre was able to do far more with far less, Than Rodgers has so far, and Rodgers’ have had a significally more talented offense to work with in general than Favre had ...

While Rodgers definitely has had sufficient talent on offense for most of his tenure that isn't true for this season. Once again, he deserves part of the blame but a lack of talent is contributing to the offense struggling as well.

He threw the young players under the bus in training camp for **** poor performance
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-sees-****-poor-effort-from-young-receivers/

Geez, it's mind-boggling that some fans take issue with the unquestioned leader of the team calling out teammates for not practicing the right way.

I’ve also posted Rodgers defense/offense rankings in another thread ...

I would really be interested in Rodgers defensive rankings :sneaky:

Those are QB rankings from Football Outsiders ... - I’m afraid your boy Rodgers isn’t as Great and unfallible as you clearly think and want him to be ... Incidently Bradys Name sure does pop up alot in the top in multiple years ... lol

While Football Outsiders is mostly doing a great job Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement isn't a great metric to evaluate quarterback performance.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good lord, it's amazing how a year makes all a difference. Last year we missed Rodgers greatly, and saying how great it is to have him, and now some people are turning on him, because of one bad season. How many great seasons has Rodgers given us? And now we're seriously questioning that he's running the place? If that was the freaking case, wouldn't his QB coach still be here? Wouldn't Jordy Nelson be here? Or what about Jared Cook? Geez you guys. Get a freaking grip!

*Edit* I am aware I wasn't here last year, but I've been lurking on here watching the posts here as early as 2012. I just never made an account until this year. Hence why I'm a huge fan of guys like Longtimefan, and Rodell just to name a couple.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Proof? That's a pretty big accusation to make about Aaron Rodgers without any evidence.

My opinion. Just my personal opinion. And to answer D07s comments I certainly wasn't a big fan last year, just ask Pack attack, we had some somewhat animated discussions last season. I am a fan of the team, not individuals on the team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion. Just my personal opinion. And to answer D07s comments I certainly wasn't a big fan last year, just ask Pack attack, we had some somewhat animated discussions last season. I am a fan of the team, not individuals on the team.
That would seem to be the popular opinion of fandom... and I probably subscribe to it to some degree... let’s face it.. I continue to be a Packer fan regardless of the players. However... I also don’t think it is a very rational position to take. The players are actual real live people that we can identify with, root for, like, dislike etc... “The Packers” is nothing but a concept. To take it further.... do Cleveland fans root for the Ravens? Baltimore fans the colts ? etc...

I

That would seem to be the popular opinion of fandom... and I probably subscribe to it to some degree... let’s face it.. I continue to be a Packer fan regardless of the players. However... I also don’t think it is a very rational position to take. The players are actual real live people that we can identify with, root for, like, dislike etc... “The Packers” is nothing but a concept. To take it further.... do Cleveland fans root for the Ravens? Baltimore fans the colts ? etc...

Okay, to clarify what I'm trying to say, I admire players who play for my team. I always admired people like Jordy Nelson, Mark Tauchser, Charles Woodson etc who seemed to give everything for the team and to me led by example. I lose respect for players who think they are bigger than the team I support. I don't like players who start thinking they are too good to attend preseason training etc because they think they are above that sort of thing. I personally, and I do stress personally feel that Mr Rodgers is beginning to think he is bigger than the organisation, rather like Mr Favre did before him. I am extremely disappointed with his attitude the past few seasons, and I am 100% sick of reading how we are denying a chance at further SB rings, and how HE won the last Superbowl when it was a total team thing, even down to Tramon Williams stopping that last throw by Rothesburger. If THAT had been a completion, THEY would most certainly have won the SB, it was that close. I'm sorry if my personal opinion offends some fans but that is how I see it. I'm fed up with his expressions and stares at players who do not catch his poor passes. He needs to get his act together to get me back on the Rodgers bandwagon. He gets paid enough. Sorry but that is how I feel.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, to clarify what I'm trying to say, I admire players who play for my team. I always admired people like Jordy Nelson, Mark Tauchser, Charles Woodson etc who seemed to give everything for the team and to me led by example. I lose respect for players who think they are bigger than the team I support. I don't like players who start thinking they are too good to attend preseason training etc because they think they are above that sort of thing. I personally, and I do stress personally feel that Mr Rodgers is beginning to think he is bigger than the organisation, rather like Mr Favre did before him. I am extremely disappointed with his attitude the past few seasons, and I am 100% sick of reading how we are denying a chance at further SB rings, and how HE won the last Superbowl when it was a total team thing, even down to Tramon Williams stopping that last throw by Rothesburger. If THAT had been a completion, THEY would most certainly have won the SB, it was that close. I'm sorry if my personal opinion offends some fans but that is how I see it. I'm fed up with his expressions and stares at players who do not catch his poor passes. He needs to get his act together to get me back on the Rodgers bandwagon. He gets paid enough. Sorry but that is how I feel.
Now all of that .... I agree with.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Have you forgotten how much of a problem Woodson was when he first came to Green Bay? The dude didn't even want to be here in the first place, and this is coming from a HUGE Woodson fan, as he's my favorite NFL player.

And I get that this is your opinion and whatnot but your basis to how you've drawn your conclusion is boggling at best.

You said you lose respect for people that think they are bigger than the team, please explain to me how Rodgers has put himself over the team. I'm curious.

And you don't like people who are too good to attend preseason training, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're talking about Farve, because to my knowledge Rodgers has been at the preseason training. Now if you're talking about him not playing in a lot of preseason games you need to take that with management.

And what exactly is wrong with his attitude? I swear I feel like we've been over this thing and people for some reason are taking amnesia pills.

Also who the hell said Rodgers WON the Superbowl, granted that is true but no one said he was the sole reason as to why they won. If anything people have been complaining about that was the last time Rodgers had a freaking defense to help take a load off him. Are you seriously going to sit here and act like he hasn't been carrying this team on his back? Considering the load he's carrying and how much pressure is on him, otherwise in all probability The Packers would lose, I can't say I blame him for getting upset for people not doing their job correctly. It's like any job, if you aren't doing your job correctly then chances are you're going to called out for it. At LEAST Rodgers to his credit hasn't gotten in any of his teammates face and yelled at them, or threw them under the bus at the podium as to why they lost.

You say you like people that lead by example. Well let me ask you something, what the hell has Rodgers been doing these past few years? Leading this teams to wins, and whatnot. It sure as hell seems like he's certainly lived up to his expectations and he sure as hell isn't the reason why we've lost playoff games. The one argument you could make was the one against Seattle, but even then that game would've been ours we not screwed up on Special Teams. At least Rodgers to his credit got us to OT, and with a bum leg.

If you're shaken because of stuff like this, then with respect, don't bother coming back on this bandwagon. I respect your opinion, but I disagree completely.

Rodgers is having a bad year and he is partly responsible for this, but to paint him as this Prima Donna is laughable. Oh and believe me, I'm no Rodgers homer, my loyalty is to Green Bay first and foremost. Ironically the names you mentioned, Woodson, Nelson, and Driver, those are my favorite Packers before Arodg. But i'm not gonna sit here and dog this guy when the organization has failed him. When he has done his job and more for this team over the past decade. Is Rodgers a saint? Hell no. Can he be difficult at times, absolutely. But the great players, aren't exactly the easiest to play with. They demand the best out of you as it's demanded from them. If Rodgers deflected blame like another QB did then you would have me. If he yelled then you would have me. But when Rodgers stunk up the joint he was always the first one to own up.

I'm willing to give the dude the BOTD (Benefit of the doubt) because I trust my eyes and what they see. And I don't see him as this egomaniacal troglodyte who thinks puts himself above the organization. I see it as someone who wants to win.

I agree Rodgers needs to get it together, but in regards to his game on the field.

*Edit* If this came off as mean, then I apologize. I had a crappy day, not to use that as an excuse. I respect your opinion dude.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Being a “Leader” during up times when winning, is easy, however, it is when the going gets tough, you’ll See a Real Leader and not a pseudo one ...
How exactly does the R-E-L-A-X season happen to your version of Rodgers the “pseudo leader”? Do you have any idea what the mere probability of a 4-6 team making the playoffs is?
Or if that’s not good enough. How about a 6th seed team winning the Lombardi? When just about every analyst was counting them out and if I recall we (Led by Rodgers) took the first 6th seed NFL team EVER to win an NFL Championship.. 3 road games against 3 playoff caliber teams? Was that Rodgers practicing his Pseudo?
I find it ironic when a fan Of any team that is doing substandard sucker punches a player (or anyone for that matter) when they are down and in the same breath claims said players cant handle adversity. Do you see the irony?

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Skill-wise and overall talent, Rodgers is far better than Brees, however, in decision making (take what the defense gives you instead of always go for the long play) and most importantly, as a Leader, Brees is vastly superior ... - Also, Brees doesnt have the arrogant demeanor towards his teammates on the field as Rodgers ...

For some Odd reason, Rodgers has never been “fond” of utilizing his check downs and playing the short field ... - He’s always wanted the long play, and dont forget, ALOT of the times, the Ofensive Line gets burned, simply because Rodgers holds on to the Ball Way too long, thus giving the O-Line a poorer ranking than what is actually fair ...

Being a “Leader” during up times when winning, is easy, however, it is when the going gets tough, you’ll See a Real Leader and not a pseudo one ...

If you compare the stats teamwise, it is evident that Favre was able to do far more with far less, Than Rodgers has so far, and Rodgers’ have had a significally more talented offense to work with in general than Favre had ...
Brady gets in team mates faces when they don't perform.

Is that okay?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's face it, when things aren't going great, all the small negatives that usually go unnoticed during the "good times" get hyper-analyzed and probably somewhat blown out of proportion, in an effort by people trying to figure out "what is wrong". Granted too many of them from one source could be a problem, but as I said in an earlier post, few complained about Rodgers personality when the Packers were winning and besides the fact that its obvious he doesn't like to lose (who does), I don't see that he has changed a whole lot during his career when it comes to his on field personality. Sure, he gives people the stink eye when it he thinks they messed up and I too have criticized him for it, but it is who he is, take it or leave it in good times or bad.

Also important in all this, most of the "observations" we are talking about are ones made by the media and/or fans. What is really happening within the confines of the Packer organization is mostly speculation on our parts.

Last edited:
I

Have you forgotten how much of a problem Woodson was when he first came to Green Bay? The dude didn't even want to be here in the first place, and this is coming from a HUGE Woodson fan, as he's my favorite NFL player.

And I get that this is your opinion and whatnot but your basis to how you've drawn your conclusion is boggling at best.

You said you lose respect for people that think they are bigger than the team, please explain to me how Rodgers has put himself over the team. I'm curious.

And you don't like people who are too good to attend preseason training, I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're talking about Farve, because to my knowledge Rodgers has been at the preseason training. Now if you're talking about him not playing in a lot of preseason games you need to take that with management.

And what exactly is wrong with his attitude? I swear I feel like we've been over this thing and people for some reason are taking amnesia pills.

Also who the hell said Rodgers WON the Superbowl, granted that is true but no one said he was the sole reason as to why they won. If anything people have been complaining about that was the last time Rodgers had a freaking defense to help take a load off him. Are you seriously going to sit here and act like he hasn't been carrying this team on his back? Considering the load he's carrying and how much pressure is on him, otherwise in all probability The Packers would lose, I can't say I blame him for getting upset for people not doing their job correctly. It's like any job, if you aren't doing your job correctly then chances are you're going to called out for it. At LEAST Rodgers to his credit hasn't gotten in any of his teammates face and yelled at them, or threw them under the bus at the podium as to why they lost.

You say you like people that lead by example. Well let me ask you something, what the hell has Rodgers been doing these past few years? Leading this teams to wins, and whatnot. It sure as hell seems like he's certainly lived up to his expectations and he sure as hell isn't the reason why we've lost playoff games. The one argument you could make was the one against Seattle, but even then that game would've been ours we not screwed up on Special Teams. At least Rodgers to his credit got us to OT, and with a bum leg.

If you're shaken because of stuff like this, then with respect, don't bother coming back on this bandwagon. I respect your opinion, but I disagree completely.

Rodgers is having a bad year and he is partly responsible for this, but to paint him as this Prima Donna is laughable. Oh and believe me, I'm no Rodgers homer, my loyalty is to Green Bay first and foremost. Ironically the names you mentioned, Woodson, Nelson, and Driver, those are my favorite Packers before Arodg. But i'm not gonna sit here and dog this guy when the organization has failed him. When he has done his job and more for this team over the past decade. Is Rodgers a saint? Hell no. Can he be difficult at times, absolutely. But the great players, aren't exactly the easiest to play with. They demand the best out of you as it's demanded from them. If Rodgers deflected blame like another QB did then you would have me. If he yelled then you would have me. But when Rodgers stunk up the joint he was always the first one to own up.

I'm willing to give the dude the BOTD (Benefit of the doubt) because I trust my eyes and what they see. And I don't see him as this egomaniacal troglodyte who thinks puts himself above the organization. I see it as someone who wants to win.

I agree Rodgers needs to get it together, but in regards to his game on the field.

*Edit* If this came off as mean, then I apologize. I had a crappy day, not to use that as an excuse. I respect your opinion dude.

No offence taken, and mine was crappier believe me. :tup:

I

He hasn't. However, if you listen to people here, you'd think he was screaming at teammates on the daily and throwing a tantrum on the field. :rolleyes:

There is film footage. We've all seen it. I didn't disagree just for the sake of it as you might think I have, that would be petty wouldn't you agree ?

D

Deleted member 6794

How about a 6th seed team winning the Lombardi? When just about every analyst was counting them out and if I recall we (Led by Rodgers) took the first 6th seed NFL team EVER to win an NFL Championship.

Just to clarify, the 2005 Steelers were the first sixth seed to win the Super Bowl.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Article of interest at www. cbssports.com. the basic the thrust of it is that we may have seen the best of Rodgers and he may be in decline. Interesting film of some missed throws in Chicago game.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts