The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't see why it can't be both. It is well known that we havent spent much in the draft and in FA on offense for the last couple of years. Then again, if Aarod is truly the greatest QB talent to have ever lived, one could argue that he would be able to have performed better this season, even with the somewhat mediocre talent on offense. Sure, he has had an injury hold him back, but one would argue this would make Aarod throw the ball faster, something which he hasn't done. Furthermore, it's not like the offensive pieces are simply trash (Raiders. Jaguars, Redskins to name a few?).

Maybe we have underestimated how good our supporting cast has been between 2010-2015. We had an unspectacular, yet solid and dependable run game in Starks and Lacy. Together with always being able to field 2 in their prime receivers in Jennings - Nelson - Cobb and fielding even stronger OL's than we had recently, and Aaron was poised to shine. And maybe that made Aarod look a bit better than he actually is.

Im extremely confident Aaron can still perform at a high level for the duration of his contract. He will just have to learn to be comfortable in the pocket again and decide to air it out faster, especially if his mobility is limited from here on forward. Let's also hope that if he does decide to roll out, he can get some of that deep ball accuracy back that we were used to seeing of him. But in order for any of this things to happen, we will have to get Aarod confident again. And we do that by supporting him heavily in the draft by loading up on OL and taking a premier talent at WR and/or RB.

That being said, Id still like to see an EDGE rusher with our first pick. :confused:

Yes, at one time we had Jennings, Jones, Jordy, Cobb and Finley all pretty much in there prime. We are two years late on re-loading the offensive firepower and now were behind the 8 ball to upgrade.

And yes the offensive line is in full decline. We used to be able to block 5 on 5 and were not even close now. Then you have Rodgers with limited mobility due to his knee and there was no chance with rookies running around not knowing all the nuances of what Rodgers expects. The last receiver that Rodgers really praised heavily as a rookie was Devante Adams. We haven't gotten him anything close to that since.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, at one time we had Jennings, Jones, Jordy, Cobb and Finley all pretty much in there prime. We are two years late on re-loading the offensive firepower and now were behind the 8 ball to upgrade.

I agree and a few of us tried to make this claim a few years ago, but were reassured by many that the state of the Packer WR's was "just fine" back then. Unfortunately, with all of the draft capital that has been sunk into the Defense especially the secondary, over several years, the consequences of that is now rearing its ugly head. I am hopeful that we get 1-2 eventual starters out of the 3 rookies, but I think that is being overly optimistic.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I agree and a few of us tried to make this claim a few years ago, but were reassured by many that the state of the Packer WR's was "just fine" back then. Unfortunately, with all of the draft capital that has been sunk into the Defense especially the secondary, over several years, the consequences of that is now rearing its ugly head. I am hopeful that we get 1-2 eventual starters out of the 3 rookies, but I think that is being overly optimistic.

Oh I know and G-Mo was gonna be the big answer and some of us were like what if someone gets hurt. I mean when has Cobb ever stayed healthy for that matter? If Devante went down it would be total game over. The whole thing is pathetic.

I was wrong about Graham though and the possibilities of him in the red zone.. Total waste.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every offense not nicknamed the Greatest Show on Turf needs more playmakers. There is flaws in every offense in the league.

My point is, lack of talent is not a pass for Rodgers, he's been one of the worst parts of a disappointing offense. Not the whole reason for failure but a HUGE factor.

Stats are great but they don't tell the whole story. It starts with Rodgers getting injured in the 1st game of the season and then continues on with an outdated MM offense.

Yes, I do watch the games and even went to a few and the eye test tells you this offensive line overall has taken a step backwards. They plugged it with Jahari Evan's last year as a stop gap and currently dont have the continuity upfront that they have had in the past. Overall they are mediocre in pass pro. Other then Bac and Lindsley and maybe Taylor at times there is not much to be desired. Bulaga can't stay healthy.

Aaron Jones is a nice complimentary weapon but it's a pipe dream to think he is a bell cow type 20 plus carry back. Usually when Packers tried to impose there will in running game it got stonewalled. What we have is far from a smash mouth type running game.

Other then Devante there is no perimeter weapon that puts fear in anyone. We need guys that can win one on one and we certainly dont have enough.
I share both of you guys' sentiments in regards to Rodgers which is why I'm not going to blame him completely.

@Un4GivN I do agree that while the talent isn't great, we definitely had enough talent to win a lot of these games based on Rodgers skill and talent alone. I watched some of the highlights for some of the throws and he still has it. He just for some reason uncharacteristically hasn't been off with his throws. That and for some reason he also chooses to go for the home run ball, rather than living to fight another day and just get a new set of downs. Rodgers was cerebral in picking apart defenses, so much that people were afraid to blitz him, and now they isn't the case. I do agree that Rodgers is responsible in regards to his poor play solely as to how this season went, which shows how much we over rely on this man to bail us out, and now it's truly the first time where Aaron Rodgers wasn't enough. I suspect he'll be back to form next year.

@brandon2348 I do share your sentiments in regards that the stats don't tell the whole story. Lately people have been bringing up how Rodgers is 1-37 in regards to comebacks in the 4th quarter in which I brought up the example of the 2013-14 playoff game in San Fran where Rodgers got the team the lead, but they lost to a last second field goal and whatnot. Now they're saying he's not clutch against teams with winning records, when years ago the argument was that he wasn't clutch. People like to change the narrative with this guy I swear. And apparently people forget the model of consistency he's had in comparison to the likes of Brees who people are now saying is better than Rodgers in which I think is silly. I do agree that the talent isn't as great as it once was, and I still believe it was too early to release Jordy, especially with Cobb being MIA in most games, but at the same time I do think they have shown promise. I also agree that the Oline hasn't done him any favors, but Rodgers HAS a tendency to hold on to the ball. I agree that the injury kinda threw a monkey wrench to things, but I'll go beyond that. I still think Rodgers is seeing phantoms from what happened the season before, hence why he's throwing the ball away and not taking as much chances like he would in regards to scrambling outside the pocket and shooting darts down the field. I just hope he can overcome this, because that is something that can linger for the rest of an individual's career.

We'll be back next year.

Reaction score
I am hopeful that we get 1-2 eventual starters out of the 3 rookies, but I think that is being overly optimistic.

1 in 3 WRs that stick at round 4 and beyond is about right id say. Early on MVS looks like a guy who could rise G Mo ish.
Our sweet spot has been round 2 maybe we should stick with what works. I’d hit OL and WR with our 2nd and 3rd picks (not rounds) and id consider pairing a couple 3rd day picks to move back into day 2 for a total of 5 players there.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wayne Rogers...
cool!
Thats why he got MASHED all year long! This explains everything!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Oh I know and G-Mo was gonna be the big answer and some of us were like what if someone gets hurt. I mean when has Cobb ever stayed healthy for that matter? If Devante went down it would be total game over. The whole thing is pathetic.

I was wrong about Graham though and the possibilities of him in the red zone.. Total waste.

Yup and we are possibly seeing that having to overspend in the draft on the Defense for so many years also is effecting the OL. The Spriggs pick(s) didn't help matters, had he been a bonafide starter, we would be in much better shape.

I am still holding out hope for Graham. People blaming him for Rodgers pick against the Bears, need to watch it again. He definitely seems slower than I thought he would be, but I think if he and AR stay healthy next year, we will see better results.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1 in 3 WRs that stick at round 4 and beyond is about right id say. Early on MVS looks like a guy who could rise G Mo ish.
Our sweet spot has been round 2 maybe we should stick with what works. I’d hit OL and WR with our 2nd and 3rd picks (not rounds) and id consider pairing a couple 3rd day picks to move back into day 2 for a total of 5 players there.

Since 2014
Devante Adams 2nd
Jared Abbrederis 5th
Jeff Janis 7th
Ty Montgomery 3rd
Trevor Davis 5th
DeAngelo Yancy 5th
Malachi Dupre 7th
J"mon Moore 4th
Valdes-Scantling 5th
St. Brown 6th

1 out of 3 may be a stretch considering this list.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Since 2014
Devante Adams 2nd
Jared Abbrederis 5th
Jeff Janis 7th
Ty Montgomery 3rd
Trevor Davis 5th
DeAngelo Yancy 5th
Malachi Dupre 7th
J"mon Moore 4th
Valdes-Scantling 5th
St. Brown 6th

1 out of 3 may be a stretch considering this list.
Yup and if you remove the 3 rookies, because the jury is still out, none of them have had much of a contribution at WR other than Adams.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know if we've seen enough of our young WR to decide if they are keepers or not. My beef with AR is he will throw to Adams regardless of how tight he's covered but won't throw to the young guys. Have they truly been targeted enough? I wouldn't spend a 1st on a WR would rather see it go to the Oline.

Rodgers is mostly targeting Adams because he's the only starting caliber pass catcher on the roster.

It is not that Rodgers "isn't having his best year". He is downright bad. He ranks 17th between Flacco and Dalton in QBR. Behind the likes of Jameis Winston, Kirk Cousins, Carson Wentz and more. As the #1 paid qb and consensus GOAT, OMG WORLD BEATER.

ESPN's QBR is a terrible metric to evaluate quarterback play.

Adams has 1315 yards (4th) and 12 TD (2nd)
Aaron Jones is at 5.5 ypc average (1st) and over 728 yards in 11 games and only 3 game of 15 carries. Only reason he isn't a top 10 back in yardage is number of carries. Zeke has 286 carries... Jones has 133.
The offensive line ranks top 10 on PFF focus, top 5 by football outsiders... Allow Rogers 5th most time to throw and 1st in ypc.

Packers Offense:
Top 5 wide receiver
Top 10 running back
Top 10 offensive line.
Top 15 TE - Even if you are really biased... Graham is 10th in receptions, 7th in yards, 7th in longest reception, 12th in yards per game. So we will say top 15 Te to make you happy.

Rodgers:
28th in completion percentage
27th in off target passes
19th in yards per attempt
13th in touchdowns
17th in Total QBR
14th in NFL QBR
5th most sacks... Behind top 10 offensive line. Hmmm wonder who is to blame here.
One of the most startling stats I have seen all year Rodgers ranks 22nd on third down passing efficiency 39.5% (47 out of 119). That is behind Brock Osweiler, Nick Mullens, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Marcus Mariota, Derek Carr... And .5 percentage points ahead of benched Blake Bortles.

The only stats Rodgers ranks in top 10 are Attempts (5th) Yards (6th) and Interception rate (1st).

Damn you are right this team has no talent on offense... Rodgers is just a victim of a no talent.

Let's see if we can get Julio on the other side from Adams, Landry in the slot, and, Kelce at TE and our whole offense can be top 10!!! Then maybe, just maybe... Aaron can preform. Makes sense to me! Let's do it!

There's no doubt Adams is an elite wide receiver but the Packers don't have any other above average pass catcher on the roster. In addition the offensive line has had troubles protecting him. While it's true he deserves part of the blame for the offense struggling there's no reason to put of the majority of it on him.

@brandon2348Lately people have been bringing up how Rodgers is 1-37 in regards to comebacks in the 4th quarter in which I brought up the example of the 2013-14 playoff game in San Fran where Rodgers got the team the lead, but they lost to a last second field goal and whatnot.

Rodgers has a total of 13 fourth quarter comebacks in his career. In a lot of other games the Packers took the lead in the fourth quarter just for the defense not being able to hold it.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is mostly targeting Adams because he's the only starting caliber pass catcher on the roster.

ESPN's QBR is a terrible metric to evaluate quarterback play.

There's no doubt Adams is an elite wide receiver but the Packers don't have any other above average pass catcher on the roster. In addition the offensive line has had troubles protecting him. While it's true he deserves part of the blame for the offense struggling there's no reason to put of the majority of it on him.

Rodgers has a total of 13 fourth quarter comebacks in his career. In a lot of other games the Packers took the lead in the fourth quarter just for the defense not being able to hold it.

Where do these offensive line stats come from? Or are people just using the eye test? Rodgers gets more time to throw then all but 5 QB's in the NFL. We are 3rd in YPC average rushing. PFF and football outsiders has ranked in top 10 offensive lines.

There is literally no metric or site that supports the fact that the line is anything but top 10.

Except sacks... Which is easily explained when you look at the average time it takes Aaron to get rid of the ball.

D

Deleted member 6794

Where do these offensive line stats come from? Or are people just using the eye test? Rodgers gets more time to throw then all but 5 QB's in the NFL. We are 3rd in YPC average rushing. PFF and football outsiders has ranked in top 10 offensive lines.

There is literally no metric or site that supports the fact that the line is anything but top 10.

Except sacks... Which is easily explained when you look at the average time it takes Aaron to get rid of the ball.

Rodgers buying time is the main reason there are only five quarterbacks with more time to throw the football though. The offensive line performing at an elite level isn't the reason for it.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I share both of you guys' sentiments in regards to Rodgers which is why I'm not going to blame him completely.

@Un4GivN I do agree that while the talent isn't great, we definitely had enough talent to win a lot of these games based on Rodgers skill and talent alone. I watched some of the highlights for some of the throws and he still has it. He just for some reason uncharacteristically hasn't been off with his throws. That and for some reason he also chooses to go for the home run ball, rather than living to fight another day and just get a new set of downs. Rodgers was cerebral in picking apart defenses, so much that people were afraid to blitz him, and now they isn't the case. I do agree that Rodgers is responsible in regards to his poor play solely as to how this season went, which shows how much we over rely on this man to bail us out, and now it's truly the first time where Aaron Rodgers wasn't enough. I suspect he'll be back to form next year.

@brandon2348 I do share your sentiments in regards that the stats don't tell the whole story. Lately people have been bringing up how Rodgers is 1-37 in regards to comebacks in the 4th quarter in which I brought up the example of the 2013-14 playoff game in San Fran where Rodgers got the team the lead, but they lost to a last second field goal and whatnot. Now they're saying he's not clutch against teams with winning records, when years ago the argument was that he wasn't clutch. People like to change the narrative with this guy I swear. And apparently people forget the model of consistency he's had in comparison to the likes of Brees who people are now saying is better than Rodgers in which I think is silly. I do agree that the talent isn't as great as it once was, and I still believe it was too early to release Jordy, especially with Cobb being MIA in most games, but at the same time I do think they have shown promise. I also agree that the Oline hasn't done him any favors, but Rodgers HAS a tendency to hold on to the ball. I agree that the injury kinda threw a monkey wrench to things, but I'll go beyond that. I still think Rodgers is seeing phantoms from what happened the season before, hence why he's throwing the ball away and not taking as much chances like he would in regards to scrambling outside the pocket and shooting darts down the field. I just hope he can overcome this, because that is something that can linger for the rest of an individual's career.

We'll be back next year.

Skill-wise and overall talent, Rodgers is far better than Brees, however, in decision making (take what the defense gives you instead of always go for the long play) and most importantly, as a Leader, Brees is vastly superior ... - Also, Brees doesnt have the arrogant demeanor towards his teammates on the field as Rodgers ...

For some Odd reason, Rodgers has never been “fond” of utilizing his check downs and playing the short field ... - He’s always wanted the long play, and dont forget, ALOT of the times, the Ofensive Line gets burned, simply because Rodgers holds on to the Ball Way too long, thus giving the O-Line a poorer ranking than what is actually fair ...

Being a “Leader” during up times when winning, is easy, however, it is when the going gets tough, you’ll See a Real Leader and not a pseudo one ...

If you compare the stats teamwise, it is evident that Favre was able to do far more with far less, Than Rodgers has so far, and Rodgers’ have had a significally more talented offense to work with in general than Favre had ...

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Seems to me that to some on this board, Rodgers is never responsible for anything ... except when GB wins ... - Then its because of Rodgers, despite of the team/coach/*insert what-ever* ...

Stats can be "cherry-picked" - I'll give you an example;

Regular season:

2008 - 12th ... First year as starter
2009 - 9th ... (Brady, Rivers, Manning, Brees and Favre)
2010 - SB year - 4th behind Brady, Rivers and Manning
2011 - 2nd behind Drew Brees
2012 - 4th behind Brady, Manning and Brees
2013 - 10th ... (Manning, Rivers, Brees, Ryan and Foles)
2014 - 2nd behind Rothlisberger
2015 - 17th ... (Palmer, Brady, Wilson, Dalton and Rothlisberger)
2016 - 6th behind Ryan, Brees, Cousins, Prescott and Brady
2017 - 18th ... (Brady, Rivers, Brees, Keenum and Rothlisberger)
2018 - 9th ...

Stats always needs to be seen in context ... I could write something here, but that would just make this post getting moved to another section ... :whistling:

However the above can also be used to illustrate, that Rodgers isn't as "dominant" a player that some ppl would like to think he is ... - Rodgers isn't a "Giant among his peers" ...

If anything, this season has showed that Rodgers isn't the leader on the field he needs to be ...
How about you start with what damn stat you are referencing. :confused:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess I am confused as well, what Stats are you referring to or are you using your example as a way of showing Stats can be cherry picked and meaningless?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skill-wise and overall talent, Rodgers is far better than Brees, however, in decision making (take what the defense gives you instead of always go for the long play) and most importantly, as a Leader, Brees is vastly superior ... - Also, Brees doesnt have the arrogant demeanor towards his teammates on the field as Rodgers ...

For some Odd reason, Rodgers has never been “fond” of utilizing his check downs and playing the short field ... - He’s always wanted the long play, and dont forget, ALOT of the times, the Ofensive Line gets burned, simply because Rodgers holds on to the Ball Way too long, thus giving the O-Line a poorer ranking than what is actually fair ...

Being a “Leader” during up times when winning, is easy, however, it is when the going gets tough, you’ll See a Real Leader and not a pseudo one ...

If you compare the stats teamwise, it is evident that Favre was able to do far more with far less, Than Rodgers has so far, and Rodgers’ have had a significally more talented offense to work with in general than Favre had ...
I respectfully disagree. As a decision maker prior to this year, Rodgers was always considered better as he would normally take what the defense would give them, hence why he would have less turnovers than Brees. This year Brees is playing well, but again Brees best < Rodgers best in my opinion. Let's not neglect his overall body of work.

As for leadership I do agree that Brees is a better leader, but I completely disagree with people saying Rodgers with this whole arrogant demeanor. He has rallied his troops before plenty of times and I have proof. When people say he's arrogant and whatnot and a blame deflector I roll my eyes as they don't have a shred of evidence for that situation. Rodgers has never thrown anyone under the bus or anything of that matter, and has always taken the blame for losses even if it's not necessarily his fault. This year was an aberration in compared to the overall body of work he's done for this organization. But again I DO agree that he hasn't played to his standard, and there were games he costed us. Primarily the games against Seattle, Minnesota, and and this one against Chicago comes to mind.

I wouldn't label Rodgers as arrogant as he always had this and it never was a big deal, but he has a swagger to him. But again I do think Brees is a better leader, but I feel he's the best leader in the NFL right now.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean, like you did ? /boggle :rolleyes:

You dont do much stat Reading do you ? Or only when you need to find those stats that support your argument ? Lol

I'll just go since the Packers won the Super Bowl in 2010.....

2011 - 122.5 passer rating, 45 TDs to 6 INTs, 68.3% completions, 4,643 yards (MVP)
2012 - 108.0 passer rating, 39 TDs to 8 INTs, 67.2% completions, 4,295 yards
2013 - 104.9 passer rating, 17 TDs to 6 INTs, 66.6% completions, 2,536 yards (9 games)
2014 - 112.2 passer rating, 38 TDs to 5 INTs, 65.6% completions, 4,381 yards (MVP)
2015 - already been discussed
2016 - 104.2 passer rating, 40 TDs to 7 INTs, 65.7% completions, 4,428 yards
2017 - 97.2 passer rating, 16 TDs to 6 INTs, 64.7% completions, 1,675 yards (7 games)

Just a guess, but I'd say the stats he was using were passer rating, TDs, INTs, completion percentage, and yards gained passing. Whether or not those are the best can certainly be argued, but I'm pretty sure those are the ones he used.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers and the coaches shame the blame. I think Rodgers holds his WRs accountable and some like it and some don't. Much like New England does. I say this because some ex-teammates come out and give him praise for being a leader, and some come out and say he isn't. He could rub people the wrong way because he expects something that isn't being delivered. I think as a whole the team suffered from a big depth problem this year. Rookies got more playing time than anticipated with injuries and it showed they weren't ready for that big workload. Could the attitude and eyerolls be due to that? maybe, but that is on him too to work with them. He DOES hold the ball too long but if no one is getting separation, only so much you can do. He is constantly asking his WRs to come back to him when he scrambles so there is something missing somewhere.

All that being said, he has missed throws this year that normally he makes with his eyes closed.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has never thrown anyone under the bus or anything of that matter, and has always taken the blame for losses even if it's not necessarily his fault. This year was an aberration in compared to the overall body of work he's done for this organization. But again I DO agree that he hasn't played to his standard, and there were games he costed us. Primarily the games against Seattle, Minnesota, and and this one against Chicago comes to mind.

What? There was literally a segment on espn about Aaron throwing McCarthy under the bus a couple of weeks ago.

It’s the same as it’s ever been. Rodgers takes passive aggressive shots at Mike. Mike takes the high road, though he could easily point out how off his QB was on what should have been some pretty easy throws. Rinse and repeat. https://t.co/5lm3dTHTpq

— Aaron Nagler (@AaronNagler) October 1, 2018

He threw the young players under the bus in training camp for **** poor performance
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-sees-****-poor-effort-from-young-receivers/

This one was about davante adams 2015
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/02/will-packers-respond-to-rodgers-public-criticism/

Aaron is not a good leader as far as motivating men, do people follow him? Yes... But not the same reason that they did for Brady, Manning and Brees. They follow Rodgers because of his play. When you are the best, you can expect the best. You can yell at others when you are near perfect yourself. The problem with that is, the moment you start making more mistakes, no one wants to follow you. Resentment starts. You yell at me for missing a route by 2 yards but then throw a ball 8 yards over my head.

Not saying that it is a problem or anything but Rodgers calls out people all the time. He may be one of the most passive-aggressive superstars of all time.

Last edited:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Just a guess, but I'd say the stats he was using were passer rating, TDs, INTs, completion percentage, and yards gained passing. Whether or not those are the best can certainly be argued, but I'm pretty sure those are the ones he used.

The stats I used were from FootballOutsiders.com

I’ve also posted Rodgers defense/offense rankings in another thread ...

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What? There was literally a segment on espn about Aaron throwing McCarthy under the bus a couple of weeks ago.

It’s the same as it’s ever been. Rodgers takes passive aggressive shots at Mike. Mike takes the high road, though he could easily point out how off his QB was on what should have been some pretty easy throws. Rinse and repeat. https://t.co/5lm3dTHTpq

He threw the young players under the bus in training camp for **** poor performance
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-sees-****-poor-effort-from-young-receivers/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/02/will-packers-respond-to-rodgers-public-criticism/

Aaron is not a good leader as far as motivating men, do people follow him? Yes... But not the same reason that they did for Brady, Manning and Brees. They follow Rodgers because of his play. When you are the best, you can expect the best. You can yell at others when you are near perfect yourself. The problem with that is, the moment you start making more mistakes, no one wants to follow you. Resentment starts. You yell at me for missing a route by 2 yards but then throw a ball 8 yards over my head.

Not saying that it is a problem or anything but Rodgers calls out people all the time. He may be one of the most passive-aggressive superstars of all time.

Critiquing players and giving an honest assessment of where they are and how they need to improve is not the same as throwing them under the bus. Throwing people under the bus is what I think of Big Ben as to what he did a couple weeks back in regards to the play calling and regarding Juju and Antonio Brown as to why he made that costly pick.

As for his shot on McCarthy, I'm confused. We've been ******* on McCarthy for his play calling for years, and now it's a problem when Rodgers who hasn't had a history of doing so, is saying how the offense needs to play better? In which he INCLUDED himself. I am presuming this was the win against Buffalo is what you're referring to in regards to that Nagler post.

When has Rodgers yelled at his teammates? Like Brady, Cutler, and Manning did? I certainly don't recall an instance where he was seen yelling at someone at the sideline or got in there face. Does he hold people accountable? Absolutely because he holds himself on that high standard. Just as excellence is demanded from him, he demands it from his teammates. Is he Brees? Absolutely not, but he leads by example and up until this year it was fine. He's not there to cottle them, these are grown men. And Rodgers when he makes a mistake is the first one at the podium to admit his faults. He's definitely not like Big Ben deflecting blame, but accepts it.

As for that drink gif you showed if I'm not mistaken that was Rodgers taking a playful shot at the media that got in his case the previous week.

So I respectfully disagree in regards to you saying he calls out people all the time. Even this year, I can see an argument made, but again I see it differently. Not trying to make an excuse for him as like you I do hold him partly responsible for how the season is going.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To your point, Adams is a terrific WR, seems like a young Chris Carter, but this team is lacking an elite deep threat and that's a major problem. Defenses can play a single-high safety without fear because, while Adams is an amazing route runner and receiver, he's not a burner. Adams has been an elite WR this year despite facing defenses that can concentrate on him because of the lack of a real deep threat on this team.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aaron might be passive aggressive, but he's nowhere near the top of passive aggressive superstars; I'd like to remind you of this guy named Lebron James.

Members online