1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by XPack, Dec 7, 2018.

What's our main problem?

1. Aaron Rodgers decline in form

28.2%
  2. Lack of support in offense to AR

57.6%
  3. Defense needs to improve

14.1%
  1. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It would be nice if the Packers had some All-Pro's anywhere on offense outside of QB, WR, and LT. The real issue is that the oline is a mess at guard and, outside of Adams, the receiving group is basically kinda bad. Maybe the rookies improve and are adequate next year, but the Packers right now don't have an NFL-caliber 2nd or third WR or TE. Hard to run an offense when you have those limitations and you play one of the harder passing schedules in the NFL; let's not forget that the Packers played some REALLY good pass defenses this year in Minn (2x), Chi (2x), Bills, Rams, Wash (prior to the offense falling apart), and Ari. Playing that kind of schedule with an injured Rodgers to start the year and then rookies playing a LOT is going to hurt any offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

The Packers have already made the ultimate commitment to Rodgers so at this point they need to go all in. If they can get a head coach like McDaniels who has experience handling a star QB with a more innovative style along with re-tooling the offensive talent this could end up just being a bad season that people will forget about.

3. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    You like McDaniels.... We can no longer be friends :confused:

4. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

I'm not part of the McDaniels fan club but after this disaster nightmare of a season I want to win and he checks more boxes then anyone else IMO.

5. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Really hope we all look back at this thread and laugh next year, but we have to wait.

In my eyes, the knee has clearly been messing with him all year, both physically and mentally.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    People were saying the same thing about Cowboys passing game after they cut Dez. They signed Amari and the Dallas Offense instantly got getter. That’s with a mediocre passing QB (at best) in Prescott.
    You won’t convince me that a healthy Aaron Rodgers isn’t better with the proper supporting cast. Thus far we have withheld resources from him instead of feeding him with more. He’s a great QB, but you’re dont win races with a substandard engine no matter how good you can drive a car.
    I can all but promise you. Give #12 at least 4 more top notch players worthy of their salt (2 more stellar O lineman and at minimum 1 more receiver and 1 more feature RB who’s dangerous in the passing game (think a young Sproles type) and you’ll see a stark difference in Aaron’s game.
    Aaron lost Monty and Jordy this year. He was given 2 aging TEs and 1 semi washed up lineman!

7. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

It's a legitimate excuse. In 2016 Russell Wilson had the same injury and matched his career high in interceptions while a career low in TD's and Passer rating. People in Seatlle were concerened.

Rodgers gave us everything he had this year and basically went out there with one working leg the most of the season and people question his leadership and attitude. It's gotten ridiculous.

Go get some more talent on offense and a new OC.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Let's see what the Cowboys really do with Cooper though. They've been all over the place. He helped them beat the Eagles one week and they get shut out the next. the week before the Eagles they scored less than 20 I think. It's not he's turned them into a power house or even anything more than a run based team. Take Cooper off that team, they're probably still about the same as without. Keep Cooper on it and take Zeke off and watch them plummet.

9. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    i don't have a problem him either. who cares if he shafted the colts. lol

11. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    he seems to be a guy of low moral character. i know that's not important to some people, but then I've never been the guy that wonders why my mistress I left my wife for is ******* someone else now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Packer Fan Since:
    Seems to me that to some on this board, Rodgers is never responsible for anything ... except when GB wins ... - Then its because of Rodgers, despite of the team/coach/*insert what-ever* ...

Stats can be "cherry-picked" - I'll give you an example;

Regular season:

2008 - 12th ... First year as starter
    2009 - 9th ... (Brady, Rivers, Manning, Brees and Favre)
    2010 - SB year - 4th behind Brady, Rivers and Manning
    2011 - 2nd behind Drew Brees
    2012 - 4th behind Brady, Manning and Brees
    2013 - 10th ... (Manning, Rivers, Brees, Ryan and Foles)
    2014 - 2nd behind Rothlisberger
    2015 - 17th ... (Palmer, Brady, Wilson, Dalton and Rothlisberger)
    2016 - 6th behind Ryan, Brees, Cousins, Prescott and Brady
    2017 - 18th ... (Brady, Rivers, Brees, Keenum and Rothlisberger)
    2018 - 9th ...

Stats always needs to be seen in context ... I could write something here, but that would just make this post getting moved to another section ... :whistling:

However the above can also be used to illustrate, that Rodgers isn't as "dominant" a player that some ppl would like to think he is ... - Rodgers isn't a "Giant among his peers" ...

If anything, this season has showed that Rodgers isn't the leader on the field he needs to be ...

13. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    low moral character? over changing his mind about the colts? come on. reneging on a verbal agreement a few days later isn't great but to say he's of low moral character is quite a stretch. wishy washy on uprooting family over a job? not that big a deal. agreements in principal fall through all the time.

14. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    This isn't his only mark against him, or maybe i'd agree with you. But being wishy washy is one thing before deciding something that big. Having decided and then saying, nahhhh, is another, but acceptable. This, plus that, plus the other thing, well I'm starting to see a pattern.

15. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Just saw something interesting. Wayne Rogers threw to Adams, Cobb, or Allison this season, his completion percentage was 66%, is ypa was 8.3, and passer rating was 115.1.

16. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    oh ok. i haven't heard anything other than the colts thing.

17. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    [​IMG]

Wayne Rogers...
    cool!

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    BUT:
    What about when he was targeting MVS or ESB?

19. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    LOL!!! It's the damn talk to the phone feature! It keeps tripping me up in the weirdest ways! I'll try when Rodgers throws for 100 Alex!

20. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It didn't say Yoop.

21. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I have not heard about this Wayne guy, sounds interesting though

22. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    #12 played with a brace on for the majorty of this season. Even the casual spectator knows that affects performance. Then we take one of our top Wideouts who Aaron also has chemistry with and replace him with three 3rd day picks out of desperation to hopefully land 1 good one? There’s not a QB in this league that could go out there under these circumstances and made this a playoff caliber team.
    Let’s quit being overly critical of Aaron.
    I understand being frustrated and needing an outlet but let’s be honest here the entire team kinda sucked with very few bright spots. Tom Brady on a healthy leg all season wouldn’t take this team to the post season!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    He's a bit of a smart ***, but a great team guy.

24. elcid

elcid Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't see why it can't be both. It is well known that we havent spent much in the draft and in FA on offense for the last couple of years. Then again, if Aarod is truly the greatest QB talent to have ever lived, one could argue that he would be able to have performed better this season, even with the somewhat mediocre talent on offense. Sure, he has had an injury hold him back, but one would argue this would make Aarod throw the ball faster, something which he hasn't done. Furthermore, it's not like the offensive pieces are simply trash (Raiders. Jaguars, Redskins to name a few?).

Maybe we have underestimated how good our supporting cast has been between 2010-2015. We had an unspectacular, yet solid and dependable run game in Starks and Lacy. Together with always being able to field 2 in their prime receivers in Jennings - Nelson - Cobb and fielding even stronger OL's than we had recently, and Aaron was poised to shine. And maybe that made Aarod look a bit better than he actually is.

Im extremely confident Aaron can still perform at a high level for the duration of his contract. He will just have to learn to be comfortable in the pocket again and decide to air it out faster, especially if his mobility is limited from here on forward. Let's also hope that if he does decide to roll out, he can get some of that deep ball accuracy back that we were used to seeing of him. But in order for any of this things to happen, we will have to get Aarod confident again. And we do that by supporting him heavily in the draft by loading up on OL and taking a premier talent at WR and/or RB.

That being said, Id still like to see an EDGE rusher with our first pick. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    it's the smartassery that endears him to his teammates