The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let’s just hope that is the case. The proof is in the pudding! We can hope as forever Packer fans that yesterday was just a fluke; but you have to admit that it was a TERRIBLE performance to open up the season with. Remember the Packer fans are NOT making millions and millions of dollars to do their chosen jobs! Cut them some flack! We will see which Rodgers shows up this Season- the MVP or the sloppy, disheveled I don’t give a crap version. Time will tell
No.. fans should not be cut any slack. You don't have any say on what transpires with the team. Your game-plan cannot be heard out, adjustments you foolishly make online in between cleaning the cheese off your keyboard will never be implemented.

I tend to cut a team some slack in Week 1 knowing that they aren't even close to being who they will be at the end of the year. They actually have input in the gameplan... you random fans do not, and in the words of Laura Ingram should "Shut up and watch"

Reaction score
This was a team performance (or should we accurately say lack thereof). Many examples of teams starting poorly and finishing stout.

The first comes to mind was the 2007 Giants losing to Dallas 35-45 and next week to the Packers 13-35 @ Giants Stadium to start 0-2. Then going on a 10-4 run to skip into the playoffs. Then beating Dallas and Green Bay on route to SB Champions

Also GB has had several 1-2 season starts (2012,2013 making consecutive playoffs). We are fortunate to be playing Detroit next week, we best right this ship

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhawk I was with you until the Laura Ingram reference. I have read enough conspiracy theories on the forums today.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhawk I was with you until the Laura Ingram reference. I have read enough conspiracy theories on the forums today.
I'm not a Laura Ingram fan in the slightest, that whole channel I stay very VERY far away from... but I do gotta give credit to the zing when it's due

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure this 31-0 loss by that Pats wasn't worse?

How about this 38-3 loss was that pretty good to? I'll give you a hint on what those 2 teams ended up accomplishing at the end of the year...... SB

What does any of that have to do with the Packers and their pathetic QB? To your question, I have a feeling that we haven't seen the worst.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he should have stuck with Jeopardy. :) By the way, I think Rodgers is going to retire after this season.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.. fans should not be cut any slack. You don't have any say on what transpires with the team. Your game-plan cannot be heard out, adjustments you foolishly make online in between cleaning the cheese off your keyboard will never be implemented.

I tend to cut a team some slack in Week 1 knowing that they aren't even close to being who they will be at the end of the year. They actually have input in the gameplan... you random fans do not, and in the words of Laura Ingram should "Shut up and watch"
I really don't know how to respond to that. I wish that I was good enough to be a professional athlete, making zillions of dollars. It's got to be better than this silliness.

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I see....so just what is it that fans are allowed to, and should do? Are we only allowed to worship the team/players? Are we allowed to question, or dare I say, criticize them when they disappoint us?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a lot of space between criticism and sky is falling proclamations after a bad play/game. It seems a lot of people lately tend to fall closer to the sky is falling side of things than criticism side. They aren't the same.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a lot of space between criticism and sky is falling proclamations after a bad play/game. It seems a lot of people lately tend to fall closer to the sky is falling side of things than criticism side. They aren't the same.
I would like those of you that are above being real to write me up a list of what I can and cannot say. I had no idea that personal opinions were taboo. I had no idea that there was a line that I couldn't cross without being chastised. If it's okay with some of you, I will wait for further instructions. In the meantime, feel free to say whatever your little hearts desire.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should differentiate between two ideas:

2) Rodgers, feeling he has leverage to do what he wants, is going to buck the gameplan and play calls in order to play hero ball because he thinks it's better for the team, when in fact it is much worse (far from substantiated, but certainly plausible).
Haven't we discussed this all last pre season?

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow!!! You sure sound like a MAJOR A-hole

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is true. But there you were talking about a great Coach in Tom Coughlin who went on to beat the Pats twice in a SB. He understood defense. And he knew the type of players he needed to get it done. Defense has been a foreign language to us for quite a while.
This was a team performance (or should we accurately say lack thereof). Many examples of teams starting poorly and finishing stout.

The first comes to mind was the 2007 Giants losing to Dallas 35-45 and next week to the Packers 13-35 @ Giants Stadium to start 0-2. Then going on a 10-4 run to skip into the playoffs. Then beating Dallas and Green Bay on route to SB Champions

Also GB has had several 1-2 season starts (2012,2013 making consecutive playoffs). We are fortunate to be playing Detroit next week, we best right this ship

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is true. But there you were talking about a great Coach in Tom Coughlin who went on to beat the Pats twice in a SB. He understood defense. And he knew the type of players he needed to get it done. Defense has been a foreign language to us for quite a while.
Well said —-whoever J Hawk is needs to find a new forum for his know it all attitude. I don’t like anyone who enjoys belittling solid long existing Packer fans. Anyone who thinks they know it all should be out there playing themselves. This is just an honest discussion of different ideas and the defense has been bad for YEARS!

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said —-whoever J Hawk is needs to find a new forum for his know it all attitude. I don’t like anyone who enjoys belittling solid long existing Packer fans. Anyone who thinks they know it all should be out there playing themselves. This is just an honest discussion of different ideas and the defense has been bad for YEARS!
Yesterday was just more of the same and guys who make millions with huge egos should play better than that even in the first game!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday was just more of the same and guys who make millions with huge egos should play better than that even in the first game!

Very true. Also applies to coaches (fans seem to ignore this) and GMs the entire offseason.

Rodgers was TERRIBLE against the Saints. The defense was somehow worse... But the punter was *chef's kiss*

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been around a while myself and I'm not sure you like an honest discussion of different ideas as much as you just show up when we do poorly to ***** about everyone. If I can be honest...

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see....so just what is it that fans are allowed to, and should do? Are we only allowed to worship the team/players? Are we allowed to question, or dare I say, criticize them when they disappoint us?
Course you are allowed to make your opinion known, this is a free country. However you sound extremely silly if you question the "want to" of HOF or elite athletes like they don't want to win MORE THAN YOU DO.

Or hey you can be armchair psychologists/conspiracy theorist and every player on this team doesn't want to win and are just collecting a paycheck and will soon be out of this league after the disappointment they'll put on tape all year.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Belittling players = good

Doing the same to fans = bad

Got it

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't look even close to what he can do yesterday. That last interception was the most un-Rodgers-like pass I've seen from him, unless someone just didn't run the right route. I find it hard to believe a guy would intentionally not play his best.
Maybe that WAS his best.

Members online

Latest posts