The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Honestly, I have had enough of Aaron Rodgers act. He is not capable of hiding his disgust and anger. Show up the new coach? It looks terrible! Let's see, you make millions of dollars, you play for the most storied franchise in the NFL, you seem to have everything that anyone could ever want, yet you walk around and play like you are having the worst time of your life. There are obviously other issues but straight up, if you can't enjoy yourself playing football, walk away cause sometimes I swear you look like you have already packed it in. I have done nothing but defend you and your actions but you don't make it easy. Where's the joy, where's the smile? I look forward to Sunday every week so that I can watch my team play. It used to make me happy. Now it's like a trip to the dentist. Angst and anxiety. Snap the **** out of it!

Guessing that you were saying this to yourself during the whole first quarter of the game?

At what point during the game yesterday was #12 showing up his coach?

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not see his exchange with MLF? 2 quarters of decent football out of 8 doesn't cut it.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not see his exchange with MLF? 2 quarters of decent football out of 8 doesn't cut it.
And we're only in week 2 while under a new system. Way to be over dramatic. And simply because he and MLF had a exchange on the sideline, he was showing him up? You guys are too much.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good, they should be going at it sometimes. Every QB and coach worth a **** in the history of football have had exchanges like this.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you look at the op's 6 points...they just happen to still be relevant now in 2019. :whistling: ;)
We're only two weeks into the season, with a brand new offense that they're still getting acclimated to. They've also played two of the best defenses in the league. But I don't know if we're ever going to see another MVP type season out of Rodgers, he's not exactly lighting it up. Maybe if we get more weapons.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Next Gen Stats has some interesting charts...

Aaron does throw down the middle.
And Davante runs routes I'd expect a TE to be running!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, I expected to ripped for my opinion on Rodgers but c'mon people. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer but his attitude and demeanor has been different for a couple of years now. Yes, there have been injuries and big changes in personnel as well as coaching. I am well aware that coaches and quarterbacks have disagreements and arguments. All I am saying is that Rodgers is known as a very smart human being. He has been called many things by many different people. Maybe it's all true. How the hell do I know. I don't know the guy. All I can go by is what I see and what I see is a guy that doesn't appear to enjoy his time on the football field and hasn't for a while. Overreaction? God, I hope so.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All I can go by is what I see and what I see is a guy that doesn't appear to enjoy his time on the football field and hasn't for a while. Overreaction? God, I hope so.

If I go by what I have seen in the last couple of years, I am throwing out most of 2017, since he didn't play. Last year he was playing injured most of the season and I think we saw what the frustration of a loosing season is in varying ways for players, coaches and fans. Otherwise, I still see a confident QB with a hell of a lot of talent, a guy who is excited about his team, his players, his coaches and winning.

Now if I am listening to some of the talking heads and letting their feelings persuade mine, then I can understand your confusion of whether you are merely over reacting to what you are being told, not by what you are actually seeing from Rodgers himself.

Reaction score
Look, I expected to ripped for my opinion on Rodgers but c'mon people. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer but his attitude and demeanor has been different for a couple of years now. Yes, there have been injuries and big changes in personnel as well as coaching. I am well aware that coaches and quarterbacks have disagreements and arguments. All I am saying is that Rodgers is known as a very smart human being. He has been called many things by many different people. Maybe it's all true. How the hell do I know. I don't know the guy. All I can go by is what I see and what I see is a guy that doesn't appear to enjoy his time on the football field and hasn't for a while. Overreaction? God, I hope so.
1. Aaron Rodgers has recently said himself he would like to play into his 40’s. So doing a little detective work that debunks motif.
2. Aaron Rodgers was seen smiling and jawing with several MN Defenders this Sunday. It appeared to me they were having fun jawing, not so much angry with one another. I would even say the MN Defensive players respect him and they appreciate a competitive QB. They know they are playing against a legend and he respected their Defense is what I saw.
Listen. Aaron Rodgers has been the gold standard for QBs, but after several seasons of injuries or playoff runs gone sour, he’s become the media’s and fans’ focus of scrutiny. The media embellishes nearly everything now (not just AR) and #12 is providing them with sensationalism, good or bad they don’t care, they do what sells or that which gets a click because that’s what WE want. The Media T’d us up.

We live in a world that loves to point fingers and pass judgement on one another. But I can assure you of only one thing, if we continue to keep pointing fingers, we will be judged by the very measure we dole out, in this life and the next. We’re always quick to pile on and quick to point, but highly offended when they pile on us or the finger is on us. You can’t have one without the other and the former quickly becomes a prerequisite. I don’t say this from a pedestal, but from the pain me learning it the hard way and not wanting to see you go down that same path. I’d defend you in the very same way if you were the object of criticism, because it’s a universal truth that does not waiver.

We got ourselves a competitive soul of a QB. He can achieve anything if he harnesses that emotion. Sit back and enjoy

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Aaron Rodgers has recently said himself he would like to play into his 40’s. So doing a little detective work that debunks motif.
2. Aaron Rodgers was seen smiling and jawing with several MN Defenders this Sunday. It appeared to me they were having fun jawing, not so much angry with one another. I would even say the MN Defensive players respect him and they appreciate a competitive QB. They know they are playing against a legend and he respected their Defense is what I saw.
Listen. Aaron Rodgers has been the gold standard for QBs, but after several seasons of injuries or playoff runs gone sour, he’s become the media’s and fans’ focus of scrutiny. The media embellishes nearly everything now (not just AR) and #12 is providing them with sensationalism, good or bad they don’t care, they do what sells or that which gets a click because that’s what WE want. The Media T’d us up.

We live in a world that loves to point fingers and pass judgement on one another. But I can assure you of only one thing, if we continue to keep pointing fingers, we will be judged by the very measure we dole out, in this life and the next. We’re always quick to pile on and quick to point, but highly offended when they pile on us or the finger is on us. You can’t have one without the other and the former quickly becomes a prerequisite. I don’t say this from a pedestal, but from the pain me learning it the hard way and not wanting to see you go down that same path. I’d defend you in the very same way if you were the object of criticism, because it’s a universal truth that does not waiver.

We got ourselves a competitive soul of a QB. He can achieve anything if he harnesses that emotion. Sit back and enjoy
That was beautiful.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Honestly, I have had enough of Aaron Rodgers act. He is not capable of hiding his disgust and anger. Show up the new coach? It looks terrible! Let's see, you make millions of dollars, you play for the most storied franchise in the NFL, you seem to have everything that anyone could ever want, yet you walk around and play like you are having the worst time of your life. There are obviously other issues but straight up, if you can't enjoy yourself playing football, walk away cause sometimes I swear you look like you have already packed it in. I have done nothing but defend you and your actions but you don't make it easy. Where's the joy, where's the smile? I look forward to Sunday every week so that I can watch my team play. It used to make me happy. Now it's like a trip to the dentist. Angst and anxiety. Snap the **** out of it!
How about you google “Brady McDaniels fight” from December 3, 2017 and let me know which exchange was worse. He completely jumped all in the face of McDaniels in a hostile way, yet all that went down with Rodgers and LaFleur was a spirited exchange of words, which both guys said was overblown and no big deal later on.

But let some of you tell the story, and Rodgers is the only one who does stuff like this. LaFleur was jawing in Rodgers helmet about something that he saw, or something that Rodgers should have done, clearly Rodgers didn’t agree, they sorted it out on the sidelines, and they moved on.

The only people that have an issue with it are the ones that wanna make a mountain out of a mole hill just to be controversial. Because both men involved said it was nothing.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about you google “Brady McDaniels fight” from December 3, 2017 and let me know which exchange was worse. He completely jumped all in the face of McDaniels in a hostile way, yet all that went down with Rodgers and LaFleur was a spirited exchange of words, which both guys said was overblown and no big deal later on.

But let some of you tell the story, and Rodgers is the only one who does stuff like this. LaFleur was jawing in Rodgers helmet about something that he saw, or something that Rodgers should have done, clearly Rodgers didn’t agree, they sorted it out on the sidelines, and they moved on.

The only people that have an issue with it are the ones that wanna make a mountain out of a mole hill just to be controversial. Because both men involved said it was nothing.
There was also that one fight Brady had will Bill O'Brien and Belichick had to seperate the two. It's funny how everyone praises Brady due to him being the Golden boy, but as I've mentioned before we've seen him bark in teammates faces as well as coaches. Definitely more so than Rodgers. But he gets a pass for some reason, same with Manning.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There was also that one fight Brady had will Bill O'Brien and Belichick had to seperate the two. It's funny how everyone praises Brady due to him being the Golden boy, but as I've mentioned before we've seen him bark in teammates faces as well as coaches. Definitely more so than Rodgers. But he gets a pass for some reason, same with Manning.
Manning would throw his own mother under the bus to explain away a loss.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This sounds like a "you" issue. It's not Rodgers fault you're not happy.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is still figuring things out in this offense but the constant updates on body language and what he and lefluers relationship status is, is getting so old.
He was smiling when things were going well and he looked frustrated when things werent. Unbelievable.
He had an animated argument with his coach. Who is surprised by this? They are competitors. There is obviously a lot of respect between. But they arent going to be hugging each other all game
Also will people give Rodgers credit for being the first to the say the 4th and 1 play was his fault? Obviously not

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is still figuring things out in this offense but the constant updates on body language and if what he and lefluers relationship status is, is getting so old.
He was smiling when things were going well and he looked frustrated when things werent. Unbelievable.
He had an animated argument with his coach. Who is surprised by this? They are competitors. There is obviously a lot of respect between. But they arent going to be hugging each other all game
Also will people give Rodgers credit for being the first to the say the 4th and 1 play was his fault? Obviously not
It's the same people that say Rodgers needs to be held accountable. Accountable for what exactly? And on top of that every time they lose, he's the first person to blame himself for things going wrong, and always saying that he needs to play better. Rodgers has a high standard for himself and he knows when he's not playing up to par.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He's been a starter for 10+ years, one of the best of the best.

He's allowed to tell the coach if he thinks it was a stupid call.

Do you know what would be a problem? A problem would be stifling one of the best QB's of all time. They're both working on what's best. We've seen glimpses where it's been great, and not so great. This should be expected. Just don't get pissy if the QB yells at the coach. It's healthy. He wants to win.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you think Rodgers is struggling and just not himself, watch this clip. This is not an easy throw to make. He also made one as he was falling backwards, way down the field to Davante. Had it not been for Harrison Smith's great coverage, it would have been a completion for the highlight real.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1173596451395592194

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks to all you arm chair psychologists out there for talking me off the ledge - it helped a lot.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks to all you arm chair psychologists out there for talking me off the ledge - it helped a lot.

No problem, prevents us all from having to pitch in and clean up the mess that is made after you "splat".

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hell no they won’t. They’re too proud to give him credit for anything. But by golly the first time he even hints at blaming someone else for something (i.e. holding guys accountable) they’ll be coming after him with both barrels.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Ummmmm. Wait a sec. you mean to tell me that this:
Isn’t armchair psychology???? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
It's the same people that say Rodgers needs to be held accountable. Accountable for what exactly? And on top of that every time they lose, he's the first person to blame himself for things going wrong, and always saying that he needs to play better. Rodgers has a high standard for himself and he knows when he's not playing up to par.
And that’s exactly what makes him (and Brady similarly) the greatest. They are ultra competitors.

Members online

Latest posts