1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

The 2012 Packer Season Is OVER!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Sep 9, 2012.

1. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    So you're instructing the rest of us to put our own reason and common sense aside and agree with every dumbass thing he says?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Niners do NOT have one of the worst offenses. You're a fool if you believe that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I believe we're more likely to start 0-4 then 3-1. There is a chance that happens.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  4. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I don't. Let's see who gets more agreements on this one.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Yup! Time to get ready for the draft! one bright spot! No injuries!! That's a minor miracle for GB.

6. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    We will have the 1st pick. Let's draft Barkley.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    Thats the thing I'm trying to say. Obviously people will agree with you because your supporting the Packers. Obviously people will disagree with him because his outlook doesn't fare so well for the Packers. Maybe he's a bad example but the point stands nonetheless. Whether he's right or your right is yet to be decided. My guess is it ends up somewhere in the middle.

I'm not trying to completely defend him either. He's got a separate agenda, which involves dissing the Packers. U get that. But he has brought up some valid points which shouldn't be automatically dismissed because they're against the Packers.

• Old Old x 1
  8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    If it is over before it has even begun then we might as well pack it up and wait for next year. SF is a great team guys, perhaps even the best in at least the NFC. There is no shame at all in losing to them. We march on to the Bears.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    What really hurts is after watching them dominate us I realize that we are not just second to them. We are a ways down the list. And if we make the post season I doubt we would get to even see them again.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  10. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    You missed the point. I was specifically referring to your contention that we are more likely to go 0-4 than 3-1.

We have the Bears Thursday.
    Then we have the Seahawks with a rookie QB.
    Then we have a Saints team in turmoil without its head coach.

It is MUCH more likely that we will beat all those teams than lose to them all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +257
    Once again, it's the first game of the season

12. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    How ya figure?

13. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    That is your opinion and I'm sure the vast majority of people on this site. Nation-wide I'm not sure but it still is probably the majority.

The Bears look really good. I think we'll lose to them. Cutler to Marshall combo looks unstoppable and Forte is Forte. Their D is as solid as always.

I think we'll beat the Seahawks that is unless Wilson improves or they put Flynn in. Our D has struggled against rookie quarterbacks under Capers also. Close win probably is my guess.

The Saints are the same exact team that set all those records last year and went 13-3. They're damn good. They should be recovered from all the offseason distractions also by then. It's a toss up. If their offense plays like last year and not this week we'll lose.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +52
    We give up 200 yds on the ground at home. Smith goes 20-26 and the 9ers have no red zone trouble anymore? How many 3rd down stops did our D get today? How many 3rd downs did we fail to convert.

15. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I mean, everyone can disagree all my posts. But they did that last week when I predicted we'd lose to the 9ers. People just don't want to hear some things or face the truth. We arent going 15-1 this year. 10-6 is more realistic.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    So tell me then. Where do you put us on your list? 10th? 17th? 28th? When you have the best OL and the best defense, you can make anyone look bad.

17. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211

18. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257
    I believe we will win against the Bears, Seahawks, and Saints. At worst I think we will end up 2-2 after week 4.

The Bears have definitely improved since last year, and the game could end up going either way for the Packers. I still think we will end up winning a close game.

I think the Packers will blowout the Seahawks, even though their defense is pretty good.

The Saints defense isn't very amazing either, so the offense will put up a bunch of points against them. Brees will put up a bunch of points against the Packers defense also. I think it will be somewhat like the Packers opening game last year vs the Saints.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Okay, WHY? State your case if you're so convinced of what you just said. Which 6 games are we going to lose?

20. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I think we come 2nd place in the division at 10-6 to the Bears and sneak in as a wild card. Which isn't that bad really. I feel playing on the road gives us the best chance at returning to the Super Bowl anyway.

Charles Woodson said it best: the offense wasn't moving the ball as we were accustomed to. But so what? We didn't make plays. We've got too.

21. MiamiBeachPacker

Ratings:
    +257
    I think 11-5 or 12-4 are more likely than 10-6

22. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    Ok. On top of this game I already predicted, the Bears, Saints, Houston, Detroit, Giants.

We lose quite a few games at the beginning of the year but end it hot winning games on the road. Just like when?

23. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    The Bears beat the Colts. I'm scared. Cutler has a way of stopping himself.

Big win for Green Bay.

Here's some news for you. Our offense is the same as it was last year when we went 15-1. We're damn good. Our defense has an upgraded pass rush, which was evident today.

24. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    Also a chance with St. Louis and Minnesota as they both seem like your once a year slip-up game. Especially St. Louis as they have a lot of young talent and are playing sound ball under Fisher.

25. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    We won't lost to the Saints or Giants. We MIGHT lose to the Lions at their if they get their crap together, but they looked pretty lousy today against a very poor Rams team. We'll sweep the Bears... yet again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1