That's how you play defense!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many other ppl in here watched the Seahacks destroy the Saints? Cannot stand Pete Carrol or Seattle but man do they fly to the ball. Guy's gang tackling and getting after it! that gets me excited no matter who's playing. Drew Brees and that offense did not look like a top offense last night that's for sure...how many times did you see Pete Carrol get excited or hyped up whenever his D made a play? A team will take on the personality of it's head coach and as much of a ***** Carrol is you can tell his guy's have fun shutting down other teams and they take pride in that.

A special teams unit that has surrendered 15 yd's on punt returns? that's unheard of!! I'm extremely jealous! They have corners who play man to man 95% of the time and fast lb's.

I hope Capers and the rest of our defense watched that game and took notes on how you play defense.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many other ppl in here watched the Seahacks destroy the Saints? Cannot stand Pete Carrol or Seattle but man do they fly to the ball. Guy's gang tackling and getting after it! that gets me excited no matter who's playing. Drew Brees and that offense did not look like a top offense last night that's for sure...how many times did you see Pete Carrol get excited or hyped up whenever his D made a play? A team will take on the personality of it's head coach and as much of a ***** Carrol is you can tell his guy's have fun shutting down other teams and they take pride in that.

A special teams unit that has surrendered 15 yd's on punt returns? that's unheard of!! I'm extremely jealous! They have corners who play man to man 95% of the time and fast lb's.

I hope Capers and the rest of our defense watched that game and took notes on how you play defense.
I'm joining in with the other voices on here who are afraid if the Packers get to the playoffs, they will be shredded.
Oh man.
I hope that we are put out of any misery before we would somehow end up playing in Seattle.
Right now, our team will get killed by the Seahawks.

Packers need to dominate big time next year to ensure that ALL playoff games are in Green Bay.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching Seattle yesterday was a thing of beauty. That defense is for real. They gang tackle, they have a pass rush, they don't give up big plays... It's the most complete defense in the league.

There is no reason Seattle shouldn't represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got irritated every time they mentioned the fact that Russel Wilson had never lost a home game. While that's true based on the official record, the whole football watching world knows he lost a home game early last year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sure the defense can turn around by watching Seattle and taking notes

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made it more impressive is that they did it without two of their studs on the back end... Browner and Thurman were out for last nights game right?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made it more impressive is that they did it without two of their studs on the back end... Browner and Thurman were out for last nights game right?

I don't know if I would call them studs. It's not Sherman or Thomas we are talking about here

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is my opinion that we can't beat Seattle(and a number of other teams) with our current situation. I've said that several times. I'm not at peace with that realization but I think it is the case.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Rodell- Agreed with everything you wrote.

I was amazed at how aggressive the Seahawks are. I noticed a HUGE contrast to what I have become accustomed to after watching the Packers play week after week. Guess I haven't noticed the loss of aggressiveness as (apparently) each week, year after year, the negative change was so gradual?

Back to the Seahawks: Their DBs play super aggressive in-your-face bump & run (actually LOTS of bumps, tugs, pulls, and trips) and rarely did I see a Saint's receiver without someone less than a foot away. Contrast that to our defense which is lucky to have someone in the same zip code to any given receiver. Also, I kept thinking to myself, isn't that coverage illegal? Why aren't the refs calling Def PIor holds? But, they let it go! Again, I have become accustomed to a more passive 5-yards-off style that the Packer defense utilizes. Every little hand-check is obvious from the Packers. Seattle DBs blanket their targets all the way from the LOS and the hand-checks just get lost in the noise...

The rest of team, player by player, simply exude aggressiveness. Swarming mentality. In-your-face I'm-gonna-smack-ya type of play. I hate Seattle's coach as he is a whiney b*tch, but gotta give him credit for turning this team around.

Wow. Just wow.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the aggressiveness of their Defense, but I will still have to give it to the top defense in the league. The Panthers are also for real. They will be at a disadvantage against the Saints in New Orleans because they play so well at home and so bad on the road. I watched Carolina shutdown Seattle in the 1st game of the season and lose on some BS towards the end of the game. Also, Seattle was completely dominated by both Houston & St. Louis both rushing for over 200 yds in their games.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the aggressiveness of their Defense, but I will still have to give it to the top defense in the league. The Panthers are also for real. They will be at a disadvantage against the Saints in New Orleans because they play so well at home and so bad on the road. I watched Carolina shutdown Seattle in the 1st game of the season and lose on some BS towards the end of the game. Also, Seattle was completely dominated by both Houston & St. Louis both rushing for over 200 yds in their games.

Carolina, Houston and St. Louis were all road games. Fortunately for the Seahawks (and unfortunately for the NFC), the playoffs will run through Seattle.

On a side note, I agree that Carolina is an excellent defense. Their front seven is immensely talented. Carolina is extremely strong up the middle and fast on the edges. In a playoff game, I just don't think the Panthers have the offense to stay with Seattle

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I would call them studs. It's not Sherman or Thomas we are talking about here

Guess I should rephrase... they definitely don't suck. Better than most. Pretty good at the game of football. But to be fair, they are better than most teams' 2nd and 3rd receivers and they compliment the other DB's well.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks were not all over the Saints, the hitting really really hard.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too was impressed with the Saints but let's not forget they almost got beat by a terrible Bucs team at home just a few weeks ago.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts