That is why you run the ball

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's a topic for pack66 and anyone else who thinks favre is the best player so he should just drop back and throw 60 times a game.

you could just tell that once they were nearing fg range they needed to try the run again. 3 incompletions and the vikes have 3 mins to go down for the gw fg.

even if you don't gain anything, you still have to run some clock.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry.....disagree. We ran for about.9 yards per carry. At 2-7 we needed a td and a win. We did everything right but Thurman has to catch the ball. When it became obvious we could not run the ball it should have been no huddle and win or loose with Farve. If he throws a pick he throws a pick.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, what was up with the running game? I didn't get home from work until 10:30 so I only caught the game midway through the 4th quarter.

No wonder we lost.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to Samkon? He seemed to disappear in the 2nd half, I don't remember seeing him at all.

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, at 2-8, we need to lose every game from here on and hope the texans and niners win a few so we can draft reggie bush.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even when he did run there was no were to go. Oline was awefull. And I think we got a little better idea of how good he is and that is very very average.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
he gained 8 yards on 8 carries and fumbled. That's what was wrong.

so why did fish only get 4 carries. 14 carries is not enough touches for 1 back, let alone gado AND Fisher COMBINED. Ridiculous abandoning the run game that early. And you seen the play action was working decently that first quarter, cuz they seen gado last week, and cuz we were running the ball early...then we got one dimensional...and...that was it.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 fumbles in 2 weeks is where Samkon went.

I agree sixone that this demonstrates the value of a run game, and that there is more to a football team than Brett, but at the same time, they couldn't run the ball for $hit...the oline is the main reason the Pack is 2-8 IMO.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
SherRossley ball....(like Marty ball only worse...)

(Run the ball ad nauseum..even though it's not working...)

The Vikings were blowing through the Packers O-line....and why the hell was Whittiker starting again?

(and why the HELL doesn't TT sign LEVENS already? IT's like they've given up or are too stupid or cheap to know that Gado is not the answer...)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
it sure made me sick..TO...

What happened to the West Coast Offense???...when the running game isn't working..you use the short passing game AS your running game...(you know...behind the LB's...screens..flats...slants, etc...then a couple of runs..then maybe go deep...)

The Pack is as predictable as anything...Even Tice can figure them out..and out coach them...

(It's like they're sending Favre into war armed with only pea shooters....wouldn't blame him if he retired tomorrow..or sought out another team...)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pathetic Offensiveline = no running game= passing on every down = losing.
You can't go 3 and out and leave the defense on the field all night and hope to win football games.
What good would Reggie Bush or any other running back be if they have to run behind the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Pathetic Offensiveline = no running game= passing on every down = losing.
You can't go 3 and out and leave the defense on the field all night and hope to win football games.
What good would Reggie Bush or any other running back be if they have to run behind the worst offensive line in the NFL.

Zone Blocking should change that lackluster running game and in turn improve the passing game.

Bah, forget Reggie Bush.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts