That Had To Be The Absolute Worst Rendition........

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apposed to a brunette hooker? Meh, I can't really tell what is good singing. I should be an American Idol judge. Zing..I'll stop..

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apposed to a brunette hooker? Meh, I can't really tell what is good singing. I should be an American Idol judge. Zing..I'll stop..

Well, that anthem was a great example of terrible singing.

You probably could get someone off American Idol that could sing it 100 times better.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh...I thought you were going to say "That Had to be One of the Worst Renditions of 'Sweet Child of Mine,'" because that was definitely atrocious, and a complete embarrassment for all involved.

I'll agree, the National Anthem wasn't all that great, but it was certainly heads and tails better than that butchered GnR classic.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mind the national anthem. It was the halftime show that had me running for cover.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Who cares, I watch the SB for the game. They could have a chimpanzee throwing bananas for the half time show for all I care.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might get some Black Eyed Peas songs, not because I like them, but because now I will always associate them with this game.

Aguilera stunk it up, unsurprisingly. Embarrassing to the nation. Not as bad as Roseanne or Carl Lewis, but you're right, probably the worst Super Bowl anthem ever.

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Anthem was a disgrace, not only because the ending was wretched, but because she messed up!!! You get picked to sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl, the biggest stage you will ever be on, and blow it! Damn... When I was watching all the ads, I couldn't help but notice all the foreign car maker ads. At least Chevy came through in making me feel like I was in America...

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh...I thought you were going to say "That Had to be One of the Worst Renditions of 'Sweet Child of Mine,'" because that was definitely atrocious, and a complete embarrassment for all involved.

I'll agree, the National Anthem wasn't all that great, but it was certainly heads and tails better than that butchered GnR classic.

I don't know about that.

Pretty close in terms of total disasters if you ask me.

I just have a problem with people butchering the anthem more than people crapping up a cover song.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Anthem was a disgrace, not only because the ending was wretched, but because she messed up!!! You get picked to sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl, the biggest stage you will ever be on, and blow it! Damn... When I was watching all the ads, I couldn't help but notice all the foreign car maker ads. At least Chevy came through in making me feel like I was in America...

Consider who they made the mistake of choosing to do the anthem.

Maybe they should just stick to getting professionals who can actually sing and not people who are just pop stars for little kids.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're going to sing the anthem at least get the words right. I hardly ever have an issue with how they sing it, but you have to get the damn words right.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're going to sing the anthem at least get the words right. I hardly ever have an issue with how they sing it, but you have to get the damn words right.

The one they got for this Super Bowl couldn't do either.

Bad enough she sounded like garbage but then couldn't even get the words right.

What a freakin embarrassment. Nice job NFL.

Reverend Conehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the anthem was okay, but I can't believe they hired Blackeyed Peas to do the halftime show. The halftime entertainment should be required to actually have some talent. One guy I know suggested they hire ZZ Top. I'd be down with that, but if it were up to me I would have hired a local Nebraska artist named Jes Winter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqX2MjM162Y"]YouTube - Jes Winter Band - Temptations[/ame]

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
You know, I was excited for her, and then she not only a) completely oversang and did unnecessary riffs, but b) GOT THE WORDS WRONG! How, as a professional singer who's sang the Star Spangled Banner 7000 times, do you screw up the most recognizable song in our nation on the biggest stage? Embarrassing, indeed.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
every performance was terrible as far as entertainment goes. Christina looked fat too.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES.. Very bad rendition of the song, not to mention the wrong words at one point.

Personally, I'd prefer they get someone to sing the strong like it was meant to be sung, then bring the local college marching band from the city the game is played in for the halftime show- and be done with it.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She's hot, and I'd bang her soooooooo......no comment here. LOL.

Good joke........LOL.

Anyways, supposedly she was devastated by her horrible performance.

I guess it sucks when you actually have to sing instead of having to lip sync.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts