Thanksgiving in Detroit

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com confirms opening weekend schedule of nationally broadcast games and Thanksgiving games.

At the Lions for Turkey Day. Worst day to play the Lions. That's their only big game.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best ever game was thanksgiving at detroit 44 - 40 with the Walter stanley punt return to win it.

Listening live on Armed forces radio at work and going mad

great memories

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not good!
We are 5-11-1 VS Detroit on Thaksgiving day.
Lombardi got out of that Thanksgiving day VS the Lions gig because they kept kicking our butts no matter how good we were.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not good!
We are 5-11-1 VS Detroit on Thaksgiving day.
Lombardi got out of that Thanksgiving day VS the Lions gig because they kept kicking our butts no matter how good we were.

Yeah, I hate it. It all the sudden makes an easy win into a tough game

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com confirms opening weekend schedule of nationally broadcast games and Thanksgiving games.

At the Lions for Turkey Day. Worst day to play the Lions. That's their only big game.

Hasnt been their big game for the past several years. I wouldnt sweat over it

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers - Lions on Thanksgiving just feels right, ya know?

Oh, and AADP, you have class on Thanksgiving?

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a lot of gruff one Thanksgiving in the Navy when I made my guys work half a day. My boss was disappointed I let them have half a day off and the men were mad they worked on a holiday.

Half measures seem to be bad decisions but I wanted to watch a game that day too.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lions got hammered by the dolphins last time. With Harington. Yeah, he sucks. I'll take the packers in that game 111-1

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions gave the Pack problems last year even though we beat them both times. It would not shock me to see the Packers lose this game. Detroit always plays Green Bay tough on Thanksgiving.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions gave the Pack problems last year even though we beat them both times. It would not shock me to see the Packers lose this game. Detroit always plays Green Bay tough on Thanksgiving.
On any given day, any team can win. But i STILL like Turkey day with the Packers playing.
I wonder why it's never a home game for us though?

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crap!! Now I have to try to get off work. Thats not easy when you are a Chef. Thanksgiving is a busy day. Its the first game too I think isnt it?

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best ever game was thanksgiving at detroit 44 - 40 with the Walter stanley punt return to win it.

Listening live on Armed forces radio at work and going mad

I thought I was the only serious Packer fan thathad to listen and imagine the action. I also re,ember the snowbowl game where Brockington ran for 145 and fumbled late in the game to give the Vikings a 3-0 victory ( 18 years in Europe will give you a lot of radio memories)
Pack88
great memories

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo said:
....Oh, and AADP, you have class on Thanksgiving?

Why should aadp have class on Thanksgiving ?

He has none the rest of the year ! :razz:

Oh ya, Lions by 10.
BOO! BOO!!!! HISS!!!!
VERY Cheesey joke Vikes...................................(good job!) :rotflmao:

Members online

Latest posts