Thanks, Javon.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
dhpackr said:
i think the Packers may address LT in the draft not with D. Colledge.

I agree with this, to a point. I have the inclination that they will give Colledge a chance at LT, but ultimately i forsee them addressing LT in the draft, because i don't think Colledge will pan out

remember the name chris williams

I'd love to have a kick-*** Tackle. and sign Faneca too.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was unaware Javon's career was over. Javon is a hell of a talent. He struggled to stay healthy a little bit but I look at what we got for him and i'm not sold that is was a great move. What did we get for him Daryn Colledge? That guy just stinks. Johnny Jolly? Done for the year. Ingle Martin....yeah.

Whatever, good luck to Javon. Injuries happen, some people bounce back just fine.

Yea...

Colledge doesn't look right at the guard position. But neither did Mike Wahle or Rivera. I'd say the jury is still out on him. Jolly started on the D-line before he got hurt. A very, very good 6th round pick. We also got Blackmon, who should be our punt/kick returner+nickel/dime CB for years. Honestly, you're really cynical.

Are you still one of those anti-TT guys?

I mean, look at our WR core without Javon...don't you think keeping this WR group together and getting a few extra starters is better than having only injury-prone Javon?

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
I was unaware Javon's career was over. Javon is a hell of a talent. He struggled to stay healthy a little bit but I look at what we got for him and i'm not sold that is was a great move. What did we get for him Daryn Colledge? That guy just stinks. Johnny Jolly? Done for the year. Ingle Martin....yeah.

Whatever, good luck to Javon. Injuries happen, some people bounce back just fine.

Yea...

Colledge doesn't look right at the guard position. But neither did Mike Wahle or Rivera. I'd say the jury is still out on him. Jolly started on the D-line before he got hurt. A very, very good 6th round pick. We also got Blackmon, who should be our punt/kick returner+nickel/dime CB for years. Honestly, you're really cynical.

I mean, look at our WR core without Javon...don't you think keeping this WR group together and getting a few extra starters is better than having only injury-prone Javon?

I'm not anti-TT at all but I do think we still screwed up letting Javon go. I like Jennings but man when healthy Javon is a beast.

My problem is noone was bringing up posts like this last year when Javon started all 16 games and caught 8 TD's and over 1000 yards. Now, 2 years later when Javon is injured peoplw want to start rejoicing in letting him go.

I believe Jolly is on the IR. I believe Will Blackmon is injured quite a bit to. Does that make them Injury Prone as well?

so to me it's

Javon - 1000 yard reciever when healthy, but has struggled with injuries

vs.

Colledge - Gives us nothing
Blackmon - Decent player when healthy, def. not an all-pro
Ingle - Yeah......
Jolly - IR in a spot where we have enough able bodies
Culver - Another IR player

I still think I would take the 1000 yard reciever over all those average IR players. It has nothing to do with TT, just an opinion

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you write off Jolly because of injury and not Walker? Just curious.

And you're wrong about Colledge. People are jumping off that bandwagon WAY WAY too early. Even if Spitz and Coston emerge as our starting guards, Colledge will replace Clifton sooner rather than later. Poor Cliffy is struggling every game with those knees.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

Yea...

I'm not anti-TT at all but I do think we still screwed up letting Javon go. I like Jennings but man when healthy Javon is a beast.

My problem is noone was bringing up posts like this last year when Javon started all 16 games and caught 8 TD's and over 1000 yards. Now, 2 years later when Javon is injured peoplw want to start rejoicing in letting him go.

I believe Jolly is on the IR. I believe Will Blackmon is injured quite a bit to. Does that make them Injury Prone as well?

so to me it's

Javon - 1000 yard reciever when healthy, but has struggled with injuries

vs.

Colledge - Gives us nothing
Blackmon - Decent player when healthy, def. not an all-pro
Ingle - Yeah......
Jolly - IR in a spot where we have enough able bodies
Culver - Another IR player

I still think I would take the 1000 yard reciever over all those average IR players. It has nothing to do with TT, just an opinion

Yea, I don't understand why you're discounting the people that are injured when Walker is the same. Also, why do you call Walker a 1000-yd. receiver when he hasn't come close to that this year? You can't even call him an all-pro anymore because people don't know how strong he'll come back from these injuries. He may not be a "beast" anymore.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention he fell disappointingly short of being a "team player", which is what this current team is built around. He may be good but he sure as hell ain't a Packer.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention he fell disappointingly short of being a "team player", which is what this current team is built around. He may be good but he sure as hell ain't a Packer.

The thing is, he seems like he's starting to "grow up" and realize that football is a team sport. The thing is, it's too late. We don't need him any more. I'd take '07 Greg Jennings over '07 Javon Walker, even if Walker wasn't injured.

It really is a shame. I loved watching Walker in '02 and '03.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Is it necessary to generalize? I know for a fact I brought up Javon several times and his success. He is my favorite receiver although its being heavily contested by Greg.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

Is it necessary to generalize? I know for a fact I brought up Javon several times and his success. He is my favorite receiver although its being heavily contested by Greg.

KGB knowns your a Walker fan..Cuz as he stated b4..He used to read the board ALL the time but never posted

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon was awesome in '02 and '03 and I loved watching him play. I hoped he would stay on the team after those years. But he's gone now and we're fortunate to have good WRs without him.

Just think though...we may not have Greg Jennings if it weren't for Javon being traded. I have no regrets now that he's gone.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:

The thing is, he seems like he's starting to "grow up" and realize that football is a team sport. The thing is, it's too late. We don't need him any more. I'd take '07 Greg Jennings over '07 Javon Walker, even if Walker wasn't injured.

It really is a shame. I loved watching Walker in '02 and '03.

I'd take a healthy Walker over a healthy Jennings easily, 2007 versions. Denver has struggled this year because their best player, Walker, is injured.

That being said, as I stated eariler, it sucks that we had to lose Walker, but TT got the most he could out of him at the time. The key factor was team chemistry and in order to improve it, guys like Walker and Hunt had to go. The team is bigger than the individual. For awhile, Walker forgot that concept and it was bringing him and the team down. Cutting ties was the only real option.

As for the speculation that Walker is going to be cut, for one I doubt it. Second, it's doubtful he would come back to GB. We have great young WR depth right now and although Walker would improve our WR talent, it's not worth the cost IMHO. He would be an expensive FA and we're better off using the money elsewhere.

Walker is a great player and I wish him well, just not when he plays against GB!

GO PACK GO!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As things stand right now, with J-walk owed something like 14 mil next year, I'd be shocked to see him still with the team, barring a restructured incentive-laden contract.

Can anyone tell me how we got the Gregarious Pick? I keep thinking that was a spin-off of the Walker/Denver pick?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
I'd take a healthy Walker over a healthy Jennings easily, 2007 versions. Denver has struggled this year because their best player, Walker, is injured.

That being said, as I stated eariler, it sucks that we had to lose Walker, but TT got the most he could out of him at the time. The key factor was team chemistry and in order to improve it, guys like Walker and Hunt had to go. The team is bigger than the individual. For awhile, Walker forgot that concept and it was bringing him and the team down. Cutting ties was the only real option.

As for the speculation that Walker is going to be cut, for one I doubt it. Second, it's doubtful he would come back to GB. We have great young WR depth right now and although Walker would improve our WR talent, it's not worth the cost IMHO. He would be an expensive FA and we're better off using the money elsewhere.

Walker is a great player and I wish him well, just not when he plays against GB!

GO PACK GO!!!

Bobby - I don't claim to be the resident expert in WRs, but from Favre's new throwing style, I think Jennings fits it better. Like I said earlier in this post, Walker is probably #2 best WR in the NFL for jump balls. Favre doesn't throw those any more (with that one TD to Jennings against the Raiders as an exception, but that wasn't meant to be one).

Favre's style is more throw routes that allow WRs to get YAC. That's where Jennings is better than Walker.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take Jennings over Javon Walker any day. Jennings is vastly ahead of Walker in every category this year. Granted Walker was last year but Jennings was a rookie. Compare Jennings to Walker in their first 2 seasons and it's not even close.

Here are a few more reasons why.....

Jennings - 11 touchdowns this year
Walker's career high 12.

Jennings 24 years old.
Walker 29.

Jennings 17.7 yards per catch.
Walker's best was 17.5.

We have room for growth with Greg Jennings. Walker is basically in his prime.

Plus do people keep forgetting it was Walker who said he'd never play with Brett Favre again.

Think Greg Jennings ever says that?

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And you're wrong about Colledge. People are jumping off that bandwagon WAY WAY too early. Even if Spitz and Coston emerge as our starting guards, Colledge will replace Clifton sooner rather than later. Poor Cliffy is struggling every game with those knees.

That was my point. You are writing off Javon cause he is injured this year but saying "look at the plyers we got from him" when they have injury problems themselves. The difference is Javon has actually shown he can play.

I love Jennings but if I had to pick between the two I'll take J-walk. Best case scenario we got DD, GJ AND J-WALK.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Shooo, I'm glad Colledge is going to be good because you said so. I will sleep easier tonight knowing MassPackerFan from PackerForum said so.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was my point. You are writing off Javon cause he is injured this year but saying "look at the plyers we got from him" when they have injury problems themselves. The difference is Javon has actually shown he can play.

I love Jennings but if I had to pick between the two I'll take J-walk. Best case scenario we got DD, GJ AND J-WALK.

KGB - Not trying to argue, but wondering why you'd take Walker over Jennings right now (hypothetically if Walker isn't injured).

Walker's advantages - taller, excellent jumper, very fast

Jennings' advantages - he may be technically slower, but game speed, there's really nobody faster than Jennings. he just turns on the juice and he's gone. For our type of passing attack, Jennings is more dangerous than just about anyone out there. he takes a short slant and takes it to the house. Also, Jennings is a team player. He's not an ego case. He's better for our locker room.

Like someone else said, Walker's best TD year he had 12. Jennings should pass 12 this year, and that's only playing 14 games. Jennings is a TD machine.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think GJ and Walker are pretty close in skills.

The X factor is one is a ******* and the other is a class act YOUNG man, not a 29 year old jerk with knee problems.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think GJ and Walker are pretty close in skills.

The X factor is one is a ******* and the other is a class act YOUNG man, not a 29 year old jerk with knee problems.

Correct if I'm wrong but hasn't GJ had some injuries himself. And lets not forget J-Walk was a class act to in his 2nd year

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.

But are you hinting that GJ might turn into a jerk?

I doubt it. Even when JWalk was classy, he had that ********* of an agent, and that ********* of a friend\training partner, TO.

GJ just had Donald "Hard Work 24\7" Driver.

I'll take GJ and like the way things worked out.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.

I doubt it. Even when JWalk was classy, he had that ********* of an agent, and that ********* of a friend\training partner, TO.

I'll second that. I also think James Jones is well on his way to being a great NFL receiver and is a class act. When I was at the Panther-Packer game this year, he was actually walking around in the Packer pro shop. Everyone kind of left him alone too, which I thought was cool. I was looking at sweatshirts and out of the corner of my eye, I caught this really tall guy standing next to me looking at them too. I looked over and it was #89. I told him 'good luck at the game' and he said 'thanks. I appreciate it a lot'. Very cool

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.

I like GJ to, but he would look darn good with DD and J-Walk beside him. GJ had nothing to do with Javon anyway. Colledge did however. Now let's compare J-Walk with the stud that is Daryn Colledge

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Yup.

I like GJ to, but he would look darn good with DD and J-Walk beside him. GJ had nothing to do with Javon anyway. Colledge did however. Now let's compare J-Walk with the stud that is Daryn Colledge

OK, how about this...neither J-Walk nor Colledge are contributing to the Packers right now. Good enough comparison?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to judge. How a player plays in his 2nd year at his unnatural position isn't the tell-all.

They say the third year is the year to judge that stuff by. It took Clifton\Tauscher a couple years to get their game together. That worked out well.

He at least showed SOME improvement over his very short career.

Members online

Latest posts