Thanks, Javon.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats actually not a bad idea mass. colledge has no doubt struggled at guard, and i would think that tackle would be harder for him, but the coaches seem to think he would be great there.

I think Colledge was definetly drafted to replace clifton... but since we lacked a guard they put colledge there so that he can be ready for the speed and technique of the NFL. and by the way colledge is a second year player, while wahle is over 30 and on his last legs.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're going to bring this thread up, might as well ask this - who would you rather have, Javon or Gregorious?

Right now, Gregorious wins easily. I think last year, I would have said Javon, even though I was one of the people taking part in that Greg Jennings thread.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg last year because if he had not been the starter this chemistry on the team would not be where it is.

Greg this year because Javon has an owy.

Edit: Obviously Javon's injury is not the only reason to choose Greg this year. I didn't mean it that way.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What is the point of bringing up this thread?

all the players listed have been injured and so has Javon.

so it is a horse a piece.

i still wish we had Wahle over colledge

Is it that hard to figure out the point? lol ... its fun to review things years after the fact to see how they came to fruition or ... did not.

I think just about every player in the NFL has been injured a time or two so whats the point of that comment?

I'd rather Wahle over Colledge too, but I think they want Colledge to have a future with the Packers as LT, not LG.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Word in Pantherland has been that Wahle has been a huge dissapointment. I don't watch them enough to really know though.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I actually believe he is sincere and not just trying to get a deal out of it. Him just saying that shows he's grown up a little bit though.

I think having one of his friends shot and murdered in his arms made him appreciate life a little bit more and not take so much for granted in life.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg last year because if he had not been the starter this chemistry on the team would not be where it is.

Greg this year because Javon has an owy.

Edit: Obviously Javon's injury is not the only reason to choose Greg this year. I didn't mean it that way.

Interesting point you bring up about chemistry. I haven't thought of that.

I was thinking Javon last year because Favre was still throwing a lot of jump balls last year, something Javon may be the #2 WR in the NFL at.

This year, Favre's throwing style has changed. He's a lot more conservative and "refined." His deep balls are thrown so the WR can keep running. The one last week to Gregorious was an exception, not the rule.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the Packers may address LT in the draft not with D. Colledge.

I think Thompson will draft a lineman a draft regardless of how we are doing, based on the importance of having quality offensive lineman. At least I would.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with this, to a point. I have the inclination that they will give Colledge a chance at LT, but ultimately i forsee them addressing LT in the draft, because i don't think Colledge will pan out

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
thats actually not a bad idea mass. colledge has no doubt struggled at guard, and i would think that tackle would be harder for him, but the coaches seem to think he would be great there.

I think Colledge was definetly drafted to replace clifton... but since we lacked a guard they put colledge there so that he can be ready for the speed and technique of the NFL. and by the way colledge is a second year player, while wahle is over 30 and on his last legs.

I am no expert, but with the stance and style that Colledge plays, I think he is a natural fit for a tackle and a really bad fit inside. Darren plays upright and tall... which is how a tackle for the most part plays... Tackle is more about footwork and balance than leverage and strength. Well at least in the passing game, to be able to slide the pressure up field and past the QB.. whereas a guards job is more to stone the defender and not allowing him to get any push whatsoever.

In the running game a tackles job is almost every play a seal and contain position verus a get under them and push them out of the way or "driving" them. With a ZB system which we were trying to install without having to push the interior lineman out.. Colledge had a chance... but in a drive scheme which it seems is more the technique of choice currently with our team.. he is a bad fit in passing and running options... but that doesn't mean he can't utilize his talent and footwork and move to tackle and excell.

I think the Packers tried to put the most talent 5 on the oline on the field at one time... but Colledge was a poor fit at guard.. so alas after x number of weeks and healthy return of Coston and the lineup was shaken up a bit with mucho success so far... time will tell though.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Now back to the original part of the thread... looks like Walker might be missing Green Bay and winning just a wee bit.. :lol:

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_7703188

Walker thrilled to see old friend Favre playing so well again
By ARNIE STAPLETON AP Sports Writer
Article Last Updated: 12/12/2007 05:10:34 PM MST

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.—Two years after saying he could no longer play in Green Bay because of Brett Favre's criticism of his contract demands, Broncos receiver Javon Walker is looking back wistfully on his time with the Packers quarterback.
In a wide-ranging interview Wednesday, Walker credited Favre for helping him become a wealthy NFL star and said he was thrilled to see Favre's resurgent season that has guided Green Bay back into the playoffs after a three-year absence.

"I don't know what he's doing in the offseason, but he's looking better than half the young quarterbacks in this league right now," Walker said. "And it's the same ol' Brett, just letting his guys make plays for him on top of the plays he's making."

If the Broncos can't slip into the playoffs, Walker said he's pulling for Favre to win another Super Bowl.

"Oh, shoot, that's just going to add on to his legacy," Walker said. "(But) that's not going to define him. What's going to define him is knowing he took a young team and even made it to the playoffs this year, because nobody knew what to expect out of those guys."

Walker insists there's no hard feelings left over from his time in Green Bay, where he blew out his right knee in the 2005 season opener after bluffing that he'd hold out, threats that angered Favre, who suggested at the time that he should live up to his contract.

That offseason, Walker demanded a trade, saying Favre's criticisms had made him an outcast in Green Bay.

The Packers sent him to Denver for a second-round draft choice, and the Broncos gave Walker a five-year extension worth more than $40 million that kicked in this year and includes roster bonuses totaling $15 million in 2007 and '08.

For all these riches, Walker thanked Favre.

"You know why? Because Brett is the type of quarterback where he believes in his guy winning all the time," Walker said. "And to tell you the truth, I wouldn't know half of the ability or plays that I could make if he wouldn't have given me the opportunity to make them."

Favre's propensity to throw the ball into coverage allowed Walker to showcase his athleticism.

"If I'm running a route and the guy's right on me and they don't throw the ball because they think you're covered, Brett would throw the ball and it's like, 'Oh, wow. He jumped over that guy to make the play.' And you can tell yourself as a wide receiver, 'Oh, wow. I made that play?' And then all that does is just make you better because he's showing stuff you know you can do," Walker said.

Walker hasn't had much of an opportunity to showcase his skills this season. He's missed eight games with a right knee ailment unrelated to his torn anterior cruciate ligament in 2005, and he's caught just three passes for 17 yards since starting the season with back-to-back 100-yard games.

In many ways, he said, this year has been harder on him than 2005.

"The ACL, that was the easy part," Walker said. "I think this year was more frustrating because at least you know with the ACL, you're not playing in any games, you're not practicing, you're just completely out. You're out, you're done, next season. So, you've got a bunch of time to get it right before going into next camp."

This season, Walker has practiced through the pain, not wanting to shut himself down because the Broncos (6-7) sorely missed him. He returned three weeks ago after missing seven weeks following arthroscopic surgery. But Walker estimates he's only at 75 percent and was deactivated last week. He'll be a game-time decision Thursday night at Houston.

"It's frustrating because you're trying to do what you can do and a knee is preventing you from being your best," Walker said. "It plays into everybody else's eyes. It plays into the coaches' eyes. It plays into the quarterback's eyes, because even though you're out there, there's a trust factor now: 'Can I go to him? Can I not go to him?'

"When I tore my ACL, I knew Brett wasn't looking for me," Walker said. "So it was better me being out and him just not going to me than me being in a game and him not even looking my way at all."

Walker, 29, said he doesn't know if the Broncos will approach him about renegotiating in the offseason but he suggested he wouldn't be willing to do that because the deal just kicked in this year, "and my best seasons are ahead of me."

Walker said he plans to push as hard next summer as he did when returning from his torn ACL but doesn't foresee fretting about his health so much this time.

"Where I had a doubt was when I tore my ACL in 2005. I didn't know what to expect," Walker said. "You go from being able to run full-speed to sitting in a bed for a month. But now, knowing where I came from, this little old thing that just needs time and rest when the offseason comes around, that's going to be like nothing."

Pack93z

Reaction score
Yea, I posted that article back on page 5. Thanks again though for reminding us how much Javon misses Brett :D.

DOH!!!!.. guess I should have read the entire beaten over old thread... ;)

Heck a sig you got... you make it?

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wils0646 said:
Yea, I posted that article back on page 5. Thanks again though for reminding us how much Javon misses Brett :D.

DOH!!!!.. guess I should have read the entire beaten over old thread... ;)

Heck a sig you got... you make it?

No, I did not. I found it somewhere and the guy gave me permission to use it where I wanted to. I don't exactly remember where though. I love it.

Pack93z

Reaction score
No, I did not. I found it somewhere and the guy gave me permission to use it where I wanted to. I don't exactly remember where though. I love it.

He did a nice job with it.. 22 frames of pure truth.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice to see Walker's has grown up a little. It's about time, don't you think? :wink:
Anyway.........wouldn't it be EXTRA sweet for us to win the SB this year? So that guys like Walker and Sharper can be like kids looking in a toy store window? You know what i mean........staring, and wishing THEY could be a part of it!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice to see Walker's has grown up a little. It's about time, don't you think? :wink:
Anyway.........wouldn't it be EXTRA sweet for us to win the SB this year? So that guys like Walker and Sharper can be like kids looking in a toy store window? You know what i mean........staring, and wishing THEY could be a part of it!

Not to be a cynical ****, but grown up or regrets? It may be the latter.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was unaware Javon's career was over. Javon is a hell of a talent. He struggled to stay healthy a little bit but I look at what we got for him and i'm not sold that is was a great move. What did we get for him Daryn Colledge? That guy just stinks. Johnny Jolly? Done for the year. Ingle Martin....yeah.

Whatever, good luck to Javon. Injuries happen, some people bounce back just fine.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Didnt Javon say same thing in GB??

My best years are ahead of me??

He has KNEE issues, and hasnt had full seasons back to back, and still wants his money?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I agree with this, to a point. I have the inclination that they will give Colledge a chance at LT, but ultimately i forsee them addressing LT in the draft, because i don't think Colledge will pan out

remember the name chris williams

Members online

Latest posts