Thanks, Javon.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero if you are figuring it like that than you must say

We gave away Javon, A 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th and a 6th. Every round we gave away a pick to get more picks.

They did not come from the Javon Trade, but from the 37 that we gave away for the 3 from ATL. Yes, we did get that 37 for Javon, but still had to give the 37th pick and the 5th rounder.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're missing the point, guys! Javon Walker is OUTTA HERE!

Nanananana, nanananana, you suuuuuuuck, goto helllllll!

LOL

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero if you are figuring it like that than you must say

We gave away Javon, A 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th and a 6th. Every round we gave away a pick to get more picks.

They did not come from the Javon Trade, but from the 37 that we gave away for the 3 from ATL. Yes, we did get that 37 for Javon, but still had to give the 37th pick and the 5th rounder.

You really made this WAY more difficult than was needed. WAY more.

All I was TRYING to say was Javon trade helped us get five picks.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 asset(#37) for 1 asset(Javon Walker)=a wash asset wise. They took 2 assets(#37 and 5th rounder) and turned it into 5 assets.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
musccy said:
by my count...from the Javon trade, we "netted" 4 picks

That I can understand because you are saying the fifth we traded you must subtract from one of the five picks we got from it.

Atleast I think that is what you're saying. pyle has me so confused here its not funny. He should be a lawyer.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly JD4 They gave away Javon, "THE 2ND" and the 5th for 5 later picks, not just Javon and the 5th.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but everybody is saying the Javon is the 2nd. You make is sound like we gave up Javon and a 2nd and a 5h to get those players. We gave up Javon to get the 2nd to combine with the 5th to get those players.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think zero is correct (although I admit I'm a little confused).. we may not have got 47, 115, 183, and 195 DIRECTLY from the Javon trade...but the javon trade was the catilyst to start the draft pick trading.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also yeah, we may of been able to do that same thing with our own 2nd rounder, but then we couldn't of gotten Jason Spitz and Greg Jennings, both might be key players.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not arguing with you here Zero but listen,

Everytime we traded a pick in the later rounds we had to GIVE UP that said pick as well. It did not come solely from Javon. You are still giving up more picks.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and yes zero...that's what I meant...we gave up one of our original picks (# 139) in one of the packages...so we obtained 4 additional picks than what we originally had...if I did my math correctly :)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We weren't going to get a 1st or 2 2nd's for Javon PERIOD.

A Franchise QB in Minnesota was traded for a later pick than Javon coming off a similar injury (worse but similar) We got better value than what most though. Most though we'd get a 3rd at best. We got a 2nd. It's not a terrible deal. If he wasn't hurt then it'd be a different story but he was injured. Plus getting rid of his cancer is the best move from a locker room standpoint. He was going to be a no show for 10 weeks. Now he got his money by getting 10 mil up front.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers - Javon + Brett + Good Draft + Jim Bates Defense(Good Defensive Unit) - Carroll = NFC North Champions

Thats tromadz math

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
musccy said:
I think zero is correct (although I admit I'm a little confused).. we may not have got 47, 115, 183, and 195 DIRECTLY from the Javon trade...but the javon trade was the catilyst to start the draft pick trading.

Yeah. We didn't have like a four team trade going. (i dont think anyways)

We gave up Javon for Denvers 37th overall.

We gave up that 37th plus our 139th to Atlanta for their 47th, 93rd and 148th.

We then traded the 93rd from Atlanta to St Louis for their 109th and 183rd.

We then traded the 109th from St Louis to Philly for their 115th and 185th.

Not possible without the 37th pick we got from Javon plus our 5th round pick 139th overall.

So ... in my view we gave up Javon plus a 5th round pick for five more picks when you break it all down.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The trade was..... Javon Walker for the 37th pick........Period.

Now we are sitting with a 2nd Rounder. What we do with that pick has nothing to do with Javon as that trade is over.

You can argue that it allowed us to trade the 36th for the 2 from NE, in which we got Spitz,Jennings. BUT.....We could have just stayed put and drafted one of them. So now we traded Javon for Jason Spitz?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I am not arguing with you here Zero but listen,

Everytime we traded a pick in the later rounds we had to GIVE UP that said pick as well. It did not come solely from Javon. You are still giving up more picks.

Okay. I understand what you are saying.

I'm saying the end result of the Javon trade plus giving up our 5th rd pick got us those five players I posted three pages ago lol.

brb, I need some advil... heh

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah...sounds right zero...we used Javon + an existing to get the ball rolling to get 5 other picks...w/ out #37, the process never starts

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
The trade was..... Javon Walker for the 37th pick........Period.

Now we are sitting with a 2nd Rounder. What we do with that pick has nothing to do with Javon as that trade is over.

You can argue that it allowed us to trade the 36th for the 2 from NE, in which we got Spitz,Jennings. BUT.....We could have just stayed put and drafted one of them. So now we traded Javon for Jason Spitz?

Our initial 2nd rounder got spitz and jenning...this is independent of javon

Javon gave us #37, which was coupled w/ an existing to get 3 other picks (turned out being colledge, martin, and more picks down the line....)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Trade was WALKER FOR A 2ND, PERIOD! Denver got nothing more than Walker and we got nothing more than a 2nd.

What we did with that 2nd was another trade all it's own.

Just like the 36th that we traded was a Trade all alone.

If you are going to figure in the players we got from the 37 than you must figure in the 2nd Rounder we gave up. They came from giving up the 37th, and the 5th round pick and not from trading Javon Walker.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
The Trade was WALKER FOR A 2ND, PERIOD!.

Why do you keep saying that?

The trade was Walker for a 2nd. Yes!! but that wasn't the final compensation in the end since we sent the pick for 3 more and got 3 more players out of it.

Like stated Walker for a 2nd is good value considering most teams were only going to offer a 3rd and maybe a 4th.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
The Trade was WALKER FOR A 2ND, PERIOD! Denver got nothing more than Walker and we got nothing more than a 2nd.

What we did with that 2nd was another trade all it's own.

Just like the 36th that we traded was a Trade all alone.

If you are going to figure in the players we got from the 37 than you must figure in the 2nd Rounder we gave up. They came from giving up the 37th, and the 5th round pick and not from trading Javon Walker.

We wouldn't have had the 37th round pick without the Javon trade.

Members online

Latest posts