Thanks Brett. It was more than fun.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is not coming back.

That was clear based on the post game interview. He did not want to say it, I think he is planning a very classy send off in Green Bay. He did not want to do it on national T.V.

Madden called it before the interview.... He said "DRY EYES" and he plays next year, and "WET EYES" and he is done.

He is done, and going to focus on his daughters graduation, the kids, the ranch.

What a class act, way to go Brett. No anouncement of a a final tour, or a final year....

RP

Pure class!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did say "what a way to go out" on a number of occasions though. Sure seems like he won't be back.

As of now, he won't be back. Then come late spring, he'll be itching something terrible and won't be able to control it. One more year.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He tried to make it sound like he wasn't sure yet, but he wants the Green Bay folks to know first, not the national media.

We will miss him!

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He also said he will make his decision within two weeks.

TWO WEEKS!

That means he does not need to think about it. It is not a family decision, and it would be about the time he finished his surgery and started re-hab. He would be in Green Bay to say good bye.

Then Brett gets on the plane and rides off into the sunset. Like all good gun slingers do. They all ride off.

Reaction score
This man gave it his all to Packer football, and it was something spectacular to see.

Thanks for giving this young lad, along with countless other individuals, a lifetime worth of memories!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the Brett Favre era is over and I for one am saddened by it.

We will never see another warrior like him in my lifetime.

The ball is dropping.
Happy New Year everyone.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the Brett Favre era is over and I for one am saddened by it.

We will never see another warrior like him in my lifetime.

The ball is dropping.
Happy New Year everyone.

You too buddy. Although, we still have two more hours left out here.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
A lot of the same things were said last year from Brett as well.

He was pulled with time left for an ovation.

He waved at people.

Said beating Holmgren at Lambeau was a heckuva way to go out.

He even went onto the bus to tell Holmgren it was his last game.

If memory serves me correct he was emotional after that game as well. Not as evident as today though.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True Zero NOt only that he didnt have the nationjal media breathing down his neck. I was at that game last year and the atmosphere definitly seemed like he was gone. I honestly do not know what I think weather he will come back or not. I thought for sure yes...Till that interview. Now I honestly dont know what to think. I wish we could koow very soon. I love brett, and i Hope he decides to come back for 4 more :D

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many days til the..

"He's holding the Packer's hostage talk begins"...???

I hope people don't start that stupidity again.

Way to go Brett.....there will neve be another like you in GB again!!!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
How many days til the..

Those people have "No Idea" what they probably just lost P@ck66 !

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob Harlan to Ron Wolf to Mike Holgram to Reggie White to Brett Favre....All 5 have meant a ton to this era of Packers' football. But, Brett was the constant....Brett was the iron man...Brett was incredible. I don't have words to describe how much he means to this franchise, to football, to the fans. I have chills thinking Brett won't be under center next year. I cannot phathom it. But, that's how it goes. He gave more than anything we can expect out of some mid round draft pick with a back problem....he is amazing...all I can describe him as is: Brett Favre.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of the same things were said last year from Brett as well.

Good point Zero.

Add to that all the game-ending moments ... the victory ... the early exit ... Driver's hoist up ... Urlacher's hug ... the linemen photo ... and it makes for a lot of emotion.

I dunno. I think 8-8, the speedy ankle surgery, and his promise to announce in 2 weeks says he'll be back.

Perhaps in 2 weeks he'll announce that 2007 will definitely be his last year.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Madden had it right with his dry eyes/wet eyes comment, so it was really sad to see Brett so tearful in his postgame speech. The most telling thing he said was when asked about how his good performance in the last game affects his decision, he said, "It makes it tougher." He would only say that if he had already been leaning toward retirement. So I think he will probably retire. And I agree with RP that he would rather make his announcement in Green Bay rather than on national TV.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
How many days til the..

Good way to ensure that doesn't get throw into anyones head.

Got to love the postive atmosphere you dish out. It's WONDERFUL. Such a great addition to PF.com.

Otherwise, good thread.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is to me what Bart Starr is to my dad.

Once in a generation player if you are lucky and someone you reminice with your grandkids about.

I hope I am wrong but I think we just saw the last game of a legend.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
He is not coming back.

That was clear based on the post game interview. He did not want to say it, I think he is planning a very classy send off in Green Bay. He did not want to do it on national T.V.

Madden called it before the interview.... He said "DRY EYES" and he plays next year, and "WET EYES" and he is done.

He is done, and going to focus on his daughters graduation, the kids, the ranch.

What a class act, way to go Brett. No anouncement of a a final tour, or a final year....

RP

Pure class!

heh almost as accurate as the Moss trade :p

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
He did say "what a way to go out" on a number of occasions though. Sure seems like he won't be back.

As of now, he won't be back. Then come late spring, he'll be itching something terrible and won't be able to control it. One more year.

Hee hee. I was right. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts