Thank you to the players, coaches, and management for 2007!

Reaction score
Thank you to the players, coaches, and management

Couldn't agree more.

The best thing is that the best days are still ahead for this football team.

What a year it was, and what a year it could have been. Still, give this team, coaches, staff, management, who ever else associated with the team credit.

No one predicted such a ride.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is never enough that can be said about the Packers and the surprising year that they had, too bad it had a rough ending. This year should be just a baby step to next year and we can all imagine that Brett will come back. Hes not done yet.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I had a great time.
It was a great season and one I'll never forget.

Thanks to all the players, coaches, staff, and management. We're going to get even better.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2007: A magic season, no matter the result

The game didn't mean much to the Seahawks. They'd already locked up homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and were setting their sights ahead. The Packers, whose 3-12 record to that point had eliminated them from anything positive other than a high draft pick, were playing for pride. Green Bay, decimated by injuries and forced to field a young and inexperienced team, gritted their teeth against the Seahawks starters in the first half.

Once Alexander got the then record-setting 27th touchdown, the starters were out and the Packers, playing for pride, were hard pressed to compete against even the backups. But they pulled through. As the clock ran out, Favre made it to midfield to say congrats to his old coach, who shall be referred to as a giant walrus.

The Packers got their fourth win in the final game of the season, but there was little to celebrate. In the locker room after the game, Favre broke down. He told his teammates how much he enjoyed playing by their side and how much the game meant to him. Within 48 hours, Coach Sherman, whose winning percentage rivaled even the greatest of Packers coaches, was fired. The next four months offered few moments of happiness for the Packers and Packer faithful. Everyone thought Favre was finished; alas, there was no definitive answer. A controversy with star receiver Javon Walker seemed to indicate that his days were over in Green Bay.

Not to mention, the new head coach was a guy no one had ever heard of. Jim Bates, one of the few bright spots of the previous season, left the team disappointed he hadn't become the new coach.

These were dark days, fellow Packers.

But, Favre came back. We drafted a stud LB and picked up some other no-named guys. Pundits questioned the moves; fans squabbled on message boards. Then the season started. It seemed the overwhelmingly low optimism was true. Through 12 games the team was a measly 4-8. The last two games (one of which me the author was at) went terribly. The AFC East made the Packers, in Lambeau nonetheless, look like a Pop-Warner squad.

[/b]Then something started to click. Those uncharacteristically dark days which dominated the previous 28 games began to fade away[/B]

The defense started to gel. The no-named receivers began to make plays. The youngest team in the NFL was getting more experience. The final four games yielded four [albeit, ugly] wins.

Then came another no-name draft. Harrell? Jones? Jackson? Who are these chumps? Why didn't they take MY guy or Mike Mayock's guy or the dude with the ridiculous hair's guy?

Then the year started... and the magic began

Week one was special teams and defense. The run game was non-existent and Favre struggled... but hey, we beat those pesky Eagles who had dominated us over the past few years. Week two offered a resurgence of the Packer passing offense that would last for the remainder of the season. Week three was MAGICAL! Welcome back Gregorious Jennings!

Week 4 was a "monumental milestone in a legendary career" for Mr. Favre. We were winning on defensive guts and nearly flawless play by the ageless wonder.

Week 5= small setback. We beat ourselves, we knew it, and we were hungry to hit the gridiron again.

Bring on the Redskins. Bring on the Broncos. You talking heads sure Favre can't throw the deep pass anymore? Ask Dre Bly and Champ Bailey. Ask Gregorious Jennings who won another one the next week in Kansas City.

Must I even go on?

This season was a special treat for us Packer fans. It's special to expect great things again. Have any of you had more fun watching this team play? So many big wins, so many big plays, so many funny Favre antics. So many record fell, so many geezers out there found inspiration from the ageless one. The youngest team in football put it all on the line week in and week out and we got to be a part of it.

Be upset it's over. Sure. That's what fans do. But appreciate the journey. 29 other teams went home before us. Remember that.

Remember 2007, that magical season that reinvigorated our love for the greatest team of the greatest sport in the world!
:pop:

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a great season. We didn't play up to our potential for 2 games and both were in bitter cold. That didn't detract from the fact that we played the rest of the season beyond anyones expectations. All that is due to the outstanding coaching staff and the heart and drive of the team. It's been fun.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, a big thanks to all in the Packer organization.
This is a young team and the foundation has been layed for future success.
This was a special season for my family and I.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the best season I've followed so far. Great job by the young Packer-team, and what made the games more exciting and fun were the chats at this forum. Still, I wish we woulda made the Super Bowl...

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the big thanks. This team was outplayed and outcoached four times this year, unfortunately last night was one of them. McCarthy is a bright young coach and he will learn from this. We will be better because of this loss.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Thank you to the players, coaches, and management for 20

Thank you for all your hard work. This year has been more than amazing and it was a fun ride. GO PACK GO

What a great topic Midwest!! I so agree with you. I to want to thank the players and all the coaches to have such a fun season like we did this past year just amazing.

It was a fun ride, and we will have more.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Thank you to the players, coaches, and management for 20

Great season. It was disappointing we didn't play up to our potential and given so many chancesfnsaknknfkjnda...

Anyway, I am glad for the quick turnaround of this team. Hopefully we can learn and improve. Thanks to the entire Packers organization for making this a very entertaining year.

Members online