1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

THANK YOU Mr. Ref for ducking for the Bubba Franks' TD

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CaptainItchy, Sep 23, 2007.

1. CaptainItchy

CaptainItchy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    check out the B.F's TD catch... the Ref was in perfect alignment between BF and Brett...and he ducked the bullet that Brett threw...and we knew what happened next...

check it out... hahahahha...it's even more amazing in slow-mo.

click on the highlight reels from nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/videos

2. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    that's one experienced ref!

3. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I like on Driver's TD, Driver jumped into the stands into a few Charger fans. haha.

4. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that was really cool when the ref ducked like that. I thought to myself after I saw that, what would've happened if he didn't duck? Is there Ref Interference?

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The refs are considered part of the field, so the play would've counted no matter what happened.

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats just a ref who likes living. Brett woulda killed him if he didnt duck.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Perhaps he remembered the headache he had the last time Brett beaned him with a fast ball (if it was the same ref).

8. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i remember shaub laid out a ref on the goaline on a qb sneak a couplw years ago. the ref was bleeding and everything. awesome.

9. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    THat's actually kinda ****** up, millertime.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The ref has to have eyes in the back of his head.......those guys have no protection. I have seen players use them as a pick. They are part of the field, and if a ball bounces off one of them and you catch it, it's a catch.
    I was glad to see him duck for sure!

11. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw that on ESPN last night. I was really surprised how many Charger fans were there yesterday. There was a young boy with his grandfather sitting in front of us. We teased him a bit. On the way in I saw about 10 Charger fans getting ready to go thru the security check point. We were hollering to the police to not let them pass. There were a few cheers when SD would make a big play.

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
  13. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    There was a similar play at mid-field in the game too, same ref, same ducking motion.

14. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I wonder if Brett and company let them know they are comming that way at all... maybe before the game or something like that nature... he seemed to "know" that Bubba was comming in behind him. His job is to watch the LOS for holding, etc... not route watching..

15. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    if you play in the middle of the field, i don't think you'd last long unless you learned how to get the hell out of the way.

16. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I bet it's even in the NFL referee training seminars :p. "How to Avoid Passes. Lesson 1: Duck."

Considering how those refs were treating our receivers, I was kind of surprised he didn't reach up and bat the ball down.

I realize we forgot about the poor reffing because we won, but what was going on yesterday? There are two head officials that I LIKE to see on the field, one is the black official (easily the best in the league, imo, I apologize for not knowing his name) and the other is Muscles Hochuli.

But yesterday's crew was dog crap. Even Peter King talked about one play in MMQB:
    "Huge non-interference call on the Packers' first offensive series, with the Pack in San Diego territory and Donald Driver getting mugged. Four minutes later, it's 7-0 San Diego on a Philip Rivers TD throw."

It shows some nice determination to rebound from that kind of drive ending, possession changing, bad call early in a game. Especially when it led to a SD touchdown drive.

That referee crew was absolute horse s%#t. Were they AFC refs? I have the head official's weaselly little face imprinted into my memory so I can take him out before he tries to ruin another win with bad calls.

17. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    hahaha! no ****!

18. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Favre took something off it or they would still be trying to revive the guy.

19. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That would've been great.
    Favre: "How about you call a fair game from now on?"
    Ref: "O...k..."
    Favre gives ref a wet willy.