Thank you Gene Upshaw

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for backing the commissioner on the Pacman Jones/Chris Henry suspensions. Other players union directors, such as Donald Fehr for Major League Baseball, would've whined about the suspensions and pushed to get them reduced. Too often, players unions stick up for criminals and cheaters, with no concern for the good guys in there respective leagues.

It shouldnt be any surprise, that the NFL is the #1 sport in the United States, because of great leadership from players union head Gene Upshaw, and Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Thank you for standing up for whats right, and for protecting the image of all the good guys in the NFL.

Too bad I can't say the same for Major League Baseball.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFLPA has stated that they will back Jones if he appeals his suspension.
They are probably required by law to do so since it is a union and he is most likely a dues paying member.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The NFLPA has stated that they will back Jones if he appeals his suspension.
They are probably required by law to do so since it is a union and he is most likely a dues paying member.

And prob just standard sop...just going through the motions type of thing

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, thats the ONE big thing that sucks about unions..............they back the lazy worthless people. Yes, i know they have to, but it's not right. I have seen it happen so many times at jobs. People screw off, then cry to the union when they get fired. The saddest part is, they often win and get their jobs back, thus rewarding them for their bad behaviour.

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, thats the ONE big thing that sucks about unions..............they back the lazy worthless people. Yes, i know they have to, but it's not right. I have seen it happen so many times at jobs. People screw off, then cry to the union when they get fired. The saddest part is, they often win and get their jobs back, thus rewarding them for their bad behaviour.
Exactly!!! My mom worked at a factory that was union and she worked with this guy that showed up to work drunk everyday. But the union wouldnt allow them to do breathalyzers. Theyre REALLY lucky he didnt end up hurting someone. My mom ended up quitting that job and Im glad she did.

Yeah, how damn stupid can you be to allow someone to work drunk. :soapbox: Unions boggle my mind.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Exactly!!! My mom worked at a factory that was union and she worked with this guy that showed up to work drunk everyday. But the union wouldnt allow them to do breathalyzers. Theyre REALLY lucky he didnt end up hurting someone. My mom ended up quitting that job and Im glad she did.

Yeah, how damn stupid can you be to allow someone to work drunk. :soapbox: Unions boggle my mind.
That happens at the place my wife works at right now. The bosses (and everyone) can smell the booze on their breath! But they won't do ANYTHING until someone gets hurt. There was a guy there that threatened just about all of his coworkers, including my wife. They were too afraid to do anything to the scumbag! And my wife went to the union about the jerk!
They did NOTHING! I told her that if he EVER threatens her again, I'm gonna go down there and end everyone's problem with him permanently.

Back in the 1980's my Mom worked at a local Hotel. She went to the union meeting, and got SO mad that she stood up and told them "I don't know why we even bother with these meetings! This whole thing is just run by the Mafia anyway!" Oh man.........did they get TICKED OFF!!! I thought they were gonna "silence" her.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
those sound like old school unions..

I was the v.p. of our local chapter and I personally went to managment to report a supervisor who was sexualy harrassing females..And the union backed me and not him.

We also filed a complaint agaisnt a co worker who threatened a fellow co worker..

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's refreshing to see the NFL players' union take this stance. Unions need to put an emphasis on the quality of their workers' products and services, and in this case the quality of the workers themselves, if they are going to earn the respect of the public. It's the bad workers who bring unions down, when the unions choose to back them up.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now if the NFLPA can get their **** together about pension for the old-timers. Most players from the 60s get less than $1000 per month. I just heard an interview with Joe Dellamalieur ( I'm sure I butchered the spelling ), he and Herb Adderly, Willie Davis, and others are on a reform committee to address the issue.

Members online

Latest posts