Thank God The Skins did not play the Pat's Today.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Play of the game for the Washington Redskins' Defense and they purposely play the first and 10 down with only 10 men on the field, not 11 in recognition of the loss of Sean Taylor.

The run the play with one less man on the field in tribute to him.

For that one play, it was kinda like the "Missing Man Formation" that the U.S. Air Force has when they fly back from a mission after a losing a pilot.

Thank God they were Not Playing The Patriots.

Bill Belichick would have looked at the formation and said: "Hey... The dead guy is not on the field, and they have not replaced him yet."

Then Bill would have sent in an audible to throw a deep post to Moss on Sean Taylor's vacant side of the formation.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny........but sadly true.
So........they didn't show what the other team DID do on that play. What happened?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did a 22 yard run.
Wow,......that seems kind of classless. You'd think they would take a knee or something.........or then have the refs call offsetting penalties so it would not cost either team.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Toddy said:
They did a 22 yard run.
Wow,......that seems kind of classless. You'd think they would take a knee or something.........or then have the refs call offsetting penalties so it would not cost either team.

I really don't think they knew there was 10 men on the field.. I think Edwards seen it when he checked for the blitz... but what to do about it.. at least he didn't audible into a pass.

Brady and the Pats... it would have been a touchdown pass.. d^&kheads.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Toddy said:
They did a 22 yard run.

I really don't think they knew there was 10 men on the field.. I think Edwards seen it when he checked for the blitz... but what to do about it.. at least he didn't audible into a pass.

Brady and the Pats... it would have been a touchdown pass.. d^&kheads.
It was announced all over the TV that they were gonna do it. You'd think they would have let the other team know, so that they wouldn't look like classless bums for taking advantage of it.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yes, but is was announced well after the teams were out on the field... so that they wouldn't hear about the salute... pretty cool thing for the Skins to do..

Apparently Sean Taylor was loved by his teamates dearly. RIP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts