1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thank God Jennings is a Starter.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by MajicMan, Sep 5, 2006.

1. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I missed the thread on here...Sorry, if I did...Glanced over things since September 1st, and didn't see anything...

You would think there would be more talk/relief that Jennings is going to start, and not sit in 3rd WR purgatory...Hoping for big things! WE HAVE TWO DONALD DRIVERS NOW! :lol:

Anyways...I'm glad to see MM is making the right move. I feel a bit better about our chances Sunday...

Sep 1 (KFFL) Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers rookie WR Greg Jennings has taken over for WR Robert Ferguson as the team's No. 2 wide receiver. It came to light Friday, Sept. 1, after the Packers' 35-21 preseason loss to the Tennessee Titans when Jennings matter-of-factly mentioned that he had been informed of his promotion by wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson before practice Wednesday, Aug. 30. Jennings will become the team's first wide receiver to become a full-fledged starter as a rookie since WR Sterling Sharpe in 1988. Jennings led the team in receiving in three of the four exhibitions and was second in the other game.

2. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    good move and a good pick.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup.....he sure looked like the "real thing" during preseason. Him and Driver could have some big seasons!

4. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Jennings earned the #2 WR spot.

This guy is going to make big plays for the Packers and that will help to open up the passing distribution.