1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Texas9erFan- RIP

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by AmishMafia, Apr 9, 2012.

1. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,760
    It comes with great sadness to report the passing of Chris Youlden, AKA Texas49erFan.

I will never understand why he chose to take his own life. He was a very talented person. He re-did www.amishmafia.com and did an amazing job. He had some demons that he could just not shake.

I didn't take his suicidal comments seriously, not at first. We were only FB friends for a week, so I thought maybe he was just a little bit morbid. On Friday, from my understanding, is he was excited about finally getting a job, and then it fell through at the last minute. I think that is what pushed him over the edge. The whole event was extremely disturbing - his friends desperately FBing him trying to help him, calling an ambulance, and trying to call him. He had a lot of people very concerned and now devestated.

I'm not sure if his non-friends can see this or if you can post thoughts, but here goes:
    http://www.facebook.com/chris.youlden

His mother called me today - I was a little shocked. I didn't really no what to say. She must have been going through his phone and calling anyone. I told her about packerforum.com and the virtual community we have here.

2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +304
    Damn, that is rough. :(

3. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Thats very sad. Im tearin up over here.

The flags on this site will be at half mast today to honor a great forum poster.

4. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 This is the life.

Ratings:
    +897
    It is all too very easy to Judge the actions of someone who takes their own life, but it is very wrong to do so. Who knows in the same situation any one of us may have done the same, i have personal experience of this because one of my relatives passed away in similar circumstances.

We cant know how terrible it is for them when the only way out of a situation is too end it all.
    Relatives and friends feel devastated and guilty because they think what could i have done?
    But they should not, because people in such a vulnerable place need to take the first step and get the help themselves.
    I just wish he had managed to do so.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    This whole mess is bringing up old wounds from my past that still haunt me to this day I dont wanna talk about.

6. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    There is not to do but pray. This is in the hands of God now. This saddens me deeply, I pray for him, his family and friends. I just wish I had known somehow and could go back in time and maybe help somehow. :( Texas49erfan, we will never forget you.

7. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    I just put a decal on my truck that T9'er fan made the graphics for. So I will be thinking of him every day. If this has been a long struggle he is at peace now. Still it is a tragedy. Hopefully soon medical science will understand the workings of the brain as well as they do the other organs in the body

8. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +484
    RIP to Chris... Man... this is sad... :(

9. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I just gasped. I wish I saw this thread sooner.

Oh my God.:(

He was one of my favorites. He seemed so happy and funny all the time....guess you never know on the internet?

Gosh. This is horrible.

I am speechless.......just wow. Horrible news.

10. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
    My new job has taken up most of time. just saw this thread, WOW!!! :( One of my fav. posters seemed like a great guy. RIP Chris thnx again for my sig.

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Just saw this..... horrible.
    Worst of all, I feel horrible for his friends & family who are left to pick up all the pieces, and that with a broken heart caused by him giving up. No winners here, just horrible, sad, tragic, unnecessary.

12. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    Very sad indeed. I hope he accepted Jesus before he left.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    very sad to hear this. RIP