Texans to trade the #1 overall pick?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I see, I'm sure that happens only with GB fans too right? It's called optimism to think the team drafted well. Hell, they print out thousands of magazines grading the draft before the players even play a down in the NFL. If I remember right, Kyle Orton was the greatest thing since sliced bread after the Bears drafted him, wasn't he?

Anyway, this is petty...I can only speak personally and I've never called Reggie Bush a stiff or anything else that is negative. In fact, I've probably been the biggest "Draft Reggie Bush" supporter on this forum and now that it doesn't look like a reality, some other team is going to get one of the best RB's to come out of college ever!

Try as hard as you want to label Packer fans as 'hypocritical' or whatever, it just doesn't wash with me...sorry.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Philtration said:
I understand it perfectly and that was my point. Anyone the Packers draft will be the greatest player of all time while any player drafted by another team (Reggie Bush) is an over rated stiff. That's not being a loyal, knowledgeable fan. That's being a blind dumb *** that knows very little about the game. Duh! :roll:

I have to ask do you enjoy talking out of your ***?
Who the hell is saying Ferguson is greatest ever?
Who the hell is saying Jonathan Brown is greatest ever?
Who the hell is saying Kenny Peterson is greatest ever?
Who the hell is saying Marques Anderson is greatest ever?
Who the hell is saying Jamal Reynolds is greatest ever?
Who the hell is saying Bubba Franks is greatest ever?
Who the hell is saying Antuan Edwards is greatest ever?
Who the hell is saying Ahmad Carroll is greatest ever?
Who the hell is saying Bubba Franks is greatest ever?

I've been saying Bush is over hyped before the Packers even finished their season and their spot in the NFL Draft was established.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Oh, I see, I'm sure that happens only with GB fans too right? It's called optimism to think the team drafted well. Hell, they print out thousands of magazines grading the draft before the players even play a down in the NFL. If I remember right, Kyle Orton was the greatest thing since sliced bread after the Bears drafted him, wasn't he?

Anyway, this is petty...I can only speak personally and I've never called Reggie Bush a stiff or anything else that is negative. In fact, I've probably been the biggest "Draft Reggie Bush" supporter on this forum and now that it doesn't look like a reality, some other team is going to get one of the best RB's to come out of college ever!

Try as hard as you want to label Packer fans as 'hypocritical' or whatever, it just doesn't wash with me...sorry.

I agree with you on several points but I do not blindly wet my pants over every draft pick the Bears make. (Not saying that you do either) If I think that they made a bad choice then that’s the way I feel and to do not try to sugar coat it. Cedric Benson may end up being a very good player but the Bears had plenty of depth at RB and that makes him a so-so choice in my eyes. I wanted Braylon Edwards.
I will be optimistic if I believe that they picked up a good player who can help but not just because the guy will hold up a Bears jersey when he is introduced to the media.
Orton has had a better career than Aaron Rodgers so far and was a 4th round pick. Drafting Orton at # 4 was a very good gamble and if not for an injury he would have never slipped that far on the board.
Rodgers has looked shaky at best and that was in situations when the game did not even matter. QB of the future? Doubtful but that remains to be seen.
I don't see a lot of "optimism" on that subject even when it is becoming more and more of a reality that Rodgers may be the starting QB for the Packers next year.
I am not trying to get into a pissing match over Bush because he is not going to play for either one of our teams or in the same division for that matter. I just don’t understand the turnabout by some over his abilities.

Reaction score
Phil, I disagree with you about Orton. Yes he was a solid choice in the fourth round, but the fact is that Orton played terrible. And you can't use "he played good enough to win" nonsense, because the fact is he was bailed out by his D. He was plan awful during his time as a starter. And that is the only reason Orton has been better than Rodgers so far, because of the fact that Grossman was injured.

And as for Rodgers, he only played in pre-season, when he was barely JUST starting to digest the playbook. He played some down the strech in garbage time, so that is unfair to judge him, as basically the same effort is not given during garbage time. The reason you do not see much optimism for the possibility of Rodgers starting is for the simple fact that ALL QB's will struggle during their first year as starter. Rodgers is no exception to the rule. Rodgers playing means the season is more or less a throw away, and fans should just hope Rodgers stays healthy enough to finish the season and continue learning.

Packers D is no where near Bears, and that is why it is not possible to have much optimism if Rodgers does start.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said that Orton played great or even good. I just said that he was a good gamble in the 4th round. He did not do anything spectacular but he also did not panic and considering the situation that he was thrown into he did a decent job. He was better than Chad Hutchinson who had NFL expierance as a starter in Dallas under his belt.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
I never said that Orton played great or even good. I just said that he was a good gamble in the 4th round. He did not do anything spectacular but he also did not panic and considering the situation that he was thrown into he did a decent job. He was better than Chad Hutchinson who had NFL expierance as a starter in Dallas under his belt.

Agreed - Orton did okay as a total rookie being forced into a very difficult position on a team that was iffy, at best - without the Defense they have, where would the Bears have ended up? I watched him for several seasons with Purdue, and he's NOT that bad, nor truly ready for starting spot in the NFL - like any other, he needs seasoning. What's more... he got it, ...when Rodgers got squat!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
excuse me phil what the hell drugs are you on. you said "orton has had a better career then rodgers." what first rodgers hasnt had a chance to play (long) and orton sucks he is the worst QB in the entire NFL.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
excuse me phil what the hell drugs are you on. you said "orton has had a better career then rodgers." what first rodgers hasnt had a chance to play (long) and orton sucks he is the worst QB in the entire NFL.

Orton has only had a better career so far because Rodgers hasn't played yet, and he is nowhere near the worst QB in the NFL. Think before you post from now on please.

Members online

No members online now.