IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=159857

Hall angry that Owens spit in his face
Print this | E-mail this | Comments on this article: 0 User comments

Posted: December 17, 2006

Associated Press

ATLANTA -- DeAngelo Hall has always considered Terrell Owens to be friend. They would talk on the phone and playfully taunt each other.

Not anymore. Not after Owens spit in Hall's face.

"He had a couple of nice catches," said Hall, the Atlanta Falcons' Pro Bowl cornerback. "You expect that. He's a great player. Right before the first punt, though, we kind of got in each other's face, talking back and forth, and I lost all respect for him when he spit in my face."

Owens, Dallas' star receiver, acknowledged losing his temper with Hall in the Cowboys' 38-28 victory Saturday night.

"I got frustrated and I apologize for that," Owens told the NFL Network. "It was a situation where he kept bugging me and getting in my face."

Owens beat Hall for a 7-yard touchdown late in the first quarter and a 51-yard score midway through the second Following the third play from scrimmage, however, Hall used his forearms to shove Owens on the Atlanta sideline. Neither player was involved in Jason Whitten's 19-yard catch to the Dallas 31, but Hall stayed after Owens.

Owens responded by spitting in his face.

"I lost all respect for the guy," Hall said. "That's the No. 1 thing in the National Football League. You don't spit in another grown man's face. Hopefully, the NFL can see it and go back and watch the film right just before the first punt. On third down, we were kind of walking face to face, walking back to the huddle and he just hauled off and spit in my face."

Owens, who still maintains an offseason home in the Atlanta neighborhood of Decatur, indicated that Hall kept jawing with him throughout the game.

"He had a lot of words," Owens said. "I didn't. I just wanted to come out and prove I'm a guy to be schemed with."

Hall and Owens began their rivalry on the field in the season opener for Atlanta and Philadelphia last year. The Falcons won 14-10, and Owens, despite catching seven passes for 112 yards, didn't score.

Owens' controversial behavior eventually led to the Eagles' releasing him, and he signed with Dallas during free agency.

A knee injury kept Hall from practice most of the week, but he insisted after Thursday's session that nothing would keep him off the field.

After the Falcons blew a 28-21 lead to lose their third straight home game Saturday, Hall was nearly despondent.

"They came out and executed a great game plan," Hall said.

Owens also insists that a doctor recently told him that a dislocated tendon in his left ring finger needs surgery.

"I knew if I had surgery, it would end my season," Owens said. "I've worked through injuries in my career before."

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrell isn't overrated, he's a great WR, however his personality sucks. He's like the kid that got beat up in highschool that suddenly became the best.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did any of you on this site want T.O?????? I know he is good but ever week we go back to talking about this cancer, I dont care how good this guy is I wouldnt want this trash on the packers. Did I mention he is leading the NFL in something ..... DROPS thats right he has 11.

T.O. LEARN TO SHUT YOUR BIG *** MOUTH THERE IS MORE TO THE TEAM THEN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SUCK T.O.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owens responded by spitting in his face.

"I lost all respect for the guy," Hall said. "That's the No. 1 thing in the National Football League. You don't spit in another grown man's face. Hopefully, the NFL can see it and go back and watch the film right just before the first punt. On third down, we were kind of walking face to face, walking back to the huddle and he just hauled off and spit in my face."

Just a thought, are you only not supposed to spit at "grown" men??? :rotflmao:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrell isn't overrated, he's a great WR, however his personality sucks. He's like the kid that got beat up in highschool that suddenly became the best.

Well, I read his book and he was the kid that got beat up in high school and suddenly became the best!

Doesn't excuse any of his immature stupidly moronic behavior though.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is leading the league in TD receptions and still did not make the pro bowl.
I guess that everyone is pretty sick of this clown by now.

Members online

Latest posts