Tennis Anyone???

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Crazy, Rosol has the game of his life and beats Nadal. And is then knocked out in straight sets the next one. Seems that form is temporary and class is permanent.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I couldn't even click on the news story where he said.."I CAN BEAT ANYONE!!!!"

I was really hoping that Marcos Baghdatis would of pulled it off today....it made me sad to see all the cheering
against him...but I guess I should look at it as it was FOR Andy Murray!

I was REALLY wanting Zheng to beat S. Williams... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
oh well ..on to tomorrow's matches!!!:)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I couldn't even click on the news story where he said.."I CAN BEAT ANYONE!!!!"

I was really hoping that Marcos Baghdatis would of pulled it off today....it made me sad to see all the cheering
against him...but I guess I should look at it as it was FOR Andy Murray!

I was REALLY wanting Zheng to beat S. Williams... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
oh well ..on to tomorrow's matches!!!:)

Rosol said that? silly boy!

Baghdatis is a good player could have happened, my fellow countryman Mr Murray mmmmmm........What can i say, even i find it a bit difficult supporting him at times in all honesty.

Its always good when anyone beats S. Williams!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
lol! Why didn't I realize he was from Scotland with that last name

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/7851572/

Not the original headline I saw on the Wimbledon app... but I'm sure its based on his original comment...today's headline on the app was.. "Rosol brought back down to earth" :confused:

Boris Becker was in attendance today in the Williams match,...that was the best thing about the match!:)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
lol! Why didn't I realize he was from Scotland with that last name

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/7851572/

Not the original headline I saw on the Wimbledon app... but I'm sure its based on his original comment...today's headline on the app was.. "Rosol brought back down to earth" :confused:

Boris Becker was in attendance today in the Williams match,...that was the best thing about the match!:)

Ha indeed, its funny in the press here he's Britains Andy Murray when he wins. And Scotlands Andy Murray when he loses.:D

Hope he enjoyed the view!

I like Boris, he doesnt take it all sooo serious all the time.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Thats hilarious! Have you ever known Wimbeldon to "rest" on a Sunday?!?

I was expecting to have it on all day!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think there is always a break on the first Sunday as far as i know, but one year the mens Final took place on a Monday because of the weather (Pre-Roof) The Crowd was amazing, they reduced prices just the normal fans first come first served. It was like a football match, Fantastic.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Brian Baker and now Mardy Fish just lost, so there are no more Americans left at Wimbledon as the ladies are playing their quarterfinal matches today and the men are playing into the quarters.

On the important men's side, our quarters will be:

• Ferrer vs Murray, great great match.
  • Tsonga vs Kolschreiber... the #5 seed, Cassius Clay should win.
  • #3 Federer vs Youzhny: Federer improved is 13-0 career against Youzhny. This is the 33rd straight Slam that King Roger has at least made the quarterfinals. Let that sink in.
  • #1 Djokovic vs Florian Mayer
I think it's such a disgrace for the sport, as usual, for the #3 seed to have to face the #1 in the semifinal. Why does the #4 deserve to get the #2 seed? That should be the standard like almost all other sports. 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3.
Now we will get Djokovic Federer AGAIN in a semifinal. That should be the final. Nadal should have been in Federer's half.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Brian Baker and now Mardy Fish just lost, so there are no more Americans left at Wimbledon as the ladies are playing their quarterfinal matches today and the men are playing into the quarters.

On the important men's side, our quarters will be:

• Ferrer vs Murray, great great match.
  • Tsonga vs Kolschreiber... the #5 seed, Cassius Clay should win.
  • #3 Federer vs Youzhny: Federer improved is 13-0 career against Youzhny. This is the 33rd straight Slam that King Roger has at least made the quarterfinals. Let that sink in.
  • #1 Djokovic vs Florian Mayer
I think it's such a disgrace for the sport, as usual, for the #3 seed to have to face the #1 in the semifinal.Why does the #4 deserve to get the #2 seed? That should be the standard like almost all other sports. 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3.
Now we will get Djokovic Federer AGAIN in a semifinal. That should be the final. Nadal should have been in Federer's half.

Where have all the great American mens Tennis players gone? seems that there once was a never ending supply of them.

Thats the All England Club for you, typically eccentric.

Its anyones Championship if they really want it now that Nadals out, my money is on Djokovic. Id like to see Murray win it but i dont think he has what it takes mentally to go all the way, id be delighted if he proved me wrong.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I can't believe Mardy Fish is out after he almost took out that lineswoman! :confused:
poor dear will probably get a black eye after taking a 118 mph serve to the forehead!

I can't find the direct link...but its about half way down the page on the Today Show's page..
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

i'm going to go for Ferrer since Del Potro couldn't win a set! lol
and still rooting for any female to get Serena OUT!!!! eesh! I didn't think that was too much to ask in the first round! :roflmao:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe Mardy Fish is out after he almost took out that lineswoman! :confused:
poor dear will probably get a black eye after taking a 118 mph serve to the forehead!

I can't find the direct link...but its about half way down the page on the Today Show's page..
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

i'm going to go for Ferrer since Del Potro couldn't win a set! lol
and still rooting for any female to get Serena OUT!!!! eesh! I didn't think that was too much to ask in the first round! :roflmao:
She has been so close to losing now twice, before today where she played better.
I hate Serena too.

I missed that Fish tale....... let me check out that link.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
The Fish tale! clever!!!! Well did you see it?? I've seen it on the news all day today...and hopefully tomorrow
they will give us an update on how she is fairing... I can't imagine!

I need to check out the line up who plays tomorrow! Looking forward to nuthin but tennis...all day baby ,..ALL DAY!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
FrankRizzo boy you NAILED that outcome!!! I'm guessing the ones you had in bold was who you thought would win!
Well my 2 outta 4 isn't too bad !:p

I fretted thru the entire Federer match wishing they would do more than show a random update on the Djokovic match... only when the Murray/ Ferrer match was on, did I hear them say that the Tsonga match was being shown on ESPN2... for the love..........

Now I have mixed emotions about Murray going all the way,...as I didn't know that Ivan Lendl is his coach!!:sneaky:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FrankRizzo boy you NAILED that outcome!!! I'm guessing the ones you had in bold was who you thought would win!
Well my 2 outta 4 isn't too bad !:p

I fretted thru the entire Federer match wishing they would do more than show a random update on the Djokovic match... only when the Murray/ Ferrer match was on, did I hear them say that the Tsonga match was being shown on ESPN2... for the love..........

Now I have mixed emotions about Murray going all the way,...as I didn't know that Ivan Lendl is his coach!!:sneaky:
Ferrer is such a little beast!
Great win for the Scott Murray, especially after losing set 1 in a tough tiebreaker. Tsonga will be tough for him in the semis, but defending champion and world #1 Djokovic vs King Federer is the true final. How the hell is that a semifinal, #1 vs #3?
It should always be 1 vs 4, which would be Murray.

I did see that Fish serve..... great balls..... by the lady judge to hang in there and make the call.
Did she have to get replaced after that? It looked like it.... good thing it wasn't a 140mph serve.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
FrankRizzo I fretted thru the entire Federer match wishing they would do more than show a random update on the Djokovic match... only when the Murray/ Ferrer match was on, did I hear them say that the Tsonga match was being shown on ESPN2... for the love..........

What a stroll on the park for Federer, i felt sorry for the poor guy he was playing.

Ferrer is a little Bulldog, grass is not his best surface but what a great player he is. Murray now has a decent chance of making the final if he keeps his cool, apparently his coach Mr Lendl is a really funny guy. You can see hes helped Murrays game.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well sadly Serena made it thru to the finals....:mad:

I'm going to have to record tomorrow's matches, and watch them late night...and try not to log on to the internet, or tv until i've finished the matches!

As for Federers opponent,Youzshny (sp?)... It was getting hard to watch! When he finally scored a point he'd work the crowd!!

I'm on the fence again as to who i'd like to see go all the way in the mens... But your right about Murray..he needs
to keep his cool.. McEnroe ( of ALL people!!) said the same! Pot meet kettle!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well done Andy Murray for reaching the Final the first Scot to do so, i hope he wins it. But even if he doesnt he got a Monkey of his back by at least getting there. Lendl remember lost 4 slam finals before he even won one and then he won about eight of them so there is hope at least.

What can i say about Tsonga, great player and a really nice guy ill be cheering him on now at the big tourneys top man.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Ok...so now its Murray all the way! lol... Really it will just be a great match to watch!
Its crazy how the players tighten up and falter when there is more on the line for the matches....its such a mind game!

Well the finals should be something for sure!:tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh Gowd, Williams wins the first set 6-1 seriously annoying. What a bore zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleep:

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY boring...buzzkill..snoozefest..and finally BUMMER!!!!

Oh well, at least one board member is happy with that outcome! Kitten .. (that is if your still into tennis!)

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well that has to be without question...the most emotional after ceremony I've ever seen in tennis...

Andy Murray had me in tears with his second place acceptance speech,... well so did Roger with how happy he was!
Even though none of my picks made it thru to the finals.... it was a great fortnight! :tup:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I think Murray showed that hes not the Robotic drone that some thought he was, i figured that he would lose but at least he gave Federer a scare. No disgrace being beaten by arguably the best tennis player of all time. Hes only 25 so hes got more chances to win a slam im sure. Yeah great tourney really enjoyed it. :)

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
So anyone tuning in to the final tennis slam of the year??

I just finished the Rod**** match,..Not sure I really have a favorite now in the tourney,..but i'll keep watching!
oooh just saw that John Isner is still in! Isner all the way!!!!

I'll watch in anticipation of Serena getting knocked out soon!!! :sneaky:

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
well looks like I'm the only one watching this major! lol

Update for ones who want to know... Isner is out... boooo!
Mardy Fish retired before his match with Federer

Andy Murray is going strong....

and ....Serena is still in...:mad:

Members online

Latest posts