Tennis Anyone???

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Anyone else watching the US Open and this epic match between Djokovic and Dolgopolov???:confused:

Its only the first set tie break.... but EPIC regardless!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Its very difficult to watch tennis and the boards...so hopefully one of you guys are watching and post! lol

i'll be baaaaaaack!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Ok Kitten where is your response?!?! lol

I thought it was "Who died and made you Vince Lombardi" then realized it was your siggy!

I thought there would be more watching Tennis... something is going on,..they are showing soccer instead!?

I've been in and out of bed fighting a bug of sorts, ..and keep crawling back to the lappy to see whats up!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you can see this reply.
I was having some browser issues. My reply was, I wasn't watching that match but I was watching over the weekend. I'm not the biggest tennis fan but I do like to watch the majors like the U.S. Open and Wimbledon. I like the Williams sisters the most and have recently devleloped a soft spot for Rafa Nadal. It should be interesting to see who wins!

Please reply to this if you can read it so I know it posted? :(

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Hey its there!!!

I've got to tune in today, but priorities first! Gotta see whats shakin' on here!! hehee

My favorite females are anyone that beats the Williams sisters! and of course Rafa is my fav male player!

Well i'm glad at least one board or bored member follows a little tennis!! lol!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
The first semi-final almost coming to a close.. .. Djokovic needs to pull this off!!!!! aaaaaaackkkk

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Justin Timberlake was among the thousands of fans amazed by the sick semi-final tennis match between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic today at the US Open.

Djokovic prevailed 6-7, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 7-5.

Hey!! I found a fellow Packer fan enjoying some Tennis!!! Thanks TMZ!!

I'm enjoying this US Open,...and also chatting by myself in this thread!! hehehee

Well it would be the shoutbox instead,...so until then!!!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Watching the men's final... you guys don't know what your missing!!!
Rafa Nadal is making a come back.. 6-2, 6-4 .5-7 , now getting ready to break serve in the 1st set of the 4th...

AMAZING MATCH!!!!!

I'll post more about the woman's final after this match in case anyone is listening!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Me, Myself, and once Kitten have enjoyed this thread!

Novak Djokovic won... over Rafa Nadal.. but wow. . what a match!

what a great end of the tennis season!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Found this long last thread....again...LUV'in watching the finals of another epic Tennis match against

Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic! well , Rafa is up 2 sets.. i'll just quote USA today

Nadal was leading 6-4, 6-3, 2-6, 1-2. Djokovic, who won eight consecutive games from 2-0 in the third set, is up a break in the fourth.

So now we have to wait till tomorrow because of the rain!!! Thank goodness football doesn't call off due to weather! :sneaky:

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not into Tennis all that much. I might watch about 5-10 min. of it but that's about it.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well the rain delay caused it not to be shown today.... I'm so bummed! Just saw the conclusion of the matter!
Oh well...

Rafa won anyways! woot WOOT!:D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Well the rain delay caused it not to be shown today.... I'm so bummed! Just saw the conclusion of the matter!
Oh well...

Rafa won anyways! woot WOOT!:D

Deserved winner, he's a Beast. Wimb-ilie-don next.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tennis has always been near and dear to me. Played for many years when I had the wheels.
Thank God for the tie breaker rule at the US OPEN. Think of that marathon 5th set at Wimbledon a few years ago with Isner. I went to the US OPEN finals back in 1978 and 79'. Saw all the greats: Evert, Martina, Austin, Connors, Borg, McCenroe, Gerulaitis. Even Billie Jean King played. Tennis never has an off season.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
That match was epic!!! I need to google those stats!

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
This match opened my eyes to tennis as a little kid, Borg was the Uber cool iceman and McEenroe was the cocky young upstart. Fantastic Tennis.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score

Tennis has always been near and dear to me. Played for many years when I had the wheels.
Thank God for the tie breaker rule at the US OPEN. Think of that marathon 5th set at Wimbledon a few years ago with Isner. I went to the US OPEN finals back in 1978 and 79'. Saw all the greats: Evert, Martina, Austin, Connors, Borg, McCenroe, Gerulaitis. Even Billie Jean King played. Tennis never has an off season.
I can't imagine being there for a final! Heck just getting to one would be amazing,..my niece went to the french open
last year, and got me a coffee cup! :D
I've seen some of the world team tennis players , Luke and Murphy Jensen... but no one real famous!

Here's the link of the stats of the John Isner match..

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wimbledon10/news/story?id=5322284

I started watching I guess in the mid 80's when Ivan Lendl was peaking...then Boris Becker, Stefan Edburg.

I love watching the Tennis classics as much as I love watching old Packer games!

** can I use the word "epic" anymore in one particular thread!?!?! LOL!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That match was epic!!! I need to google those stats!
Yeah, we had no idea THEN, that it was the changing of the guard essentially (although Federer would not WIN that Wimbledon yet...)....

I can't wait for Wimbledon!
I need to get my work hours cut back for 2 weeks so I can watch more of it on DirecTV bonus coverage!

I want Roger to win and if not him, Djokovic. Not Nadal.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I can't wait either for Monday, MONDAY!

Except for the fact that I'm rooting for the exact opposite of you!

Nadal all the way!!!,..then Djokovic...and if not him.. Federer!
I really would like to see Isner or even Gael Monfils at least make it to the quarter finals and give them a run for the money!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Anyone watching this Nadal/Rosol match?!?! ackkkkkkkkkkkkk...

Rafa better pull it together!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone watching this Nadal/Rosol match?!?! ackkkkkkkkkkkkk...

Rafa better pull it together!

Stunner!! I never thought anyone had enough offense to get past Nadal in 5.
Rosol played a smart match knowing he could not punch and counterpunch with Nadal.
He swung for the fences and, lo and behold, instead of striking out he hit home runs. Maybe the one way to get past Nadal. The grass court played to Rosol's advantage. Still a close match.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Fairplay to Rosol he won on merit, Nadals a class act though even though he lost no tantrums or anything. Still signing autographs, a real sportsman and gentleman.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Fairplay to Rosol he won on merit, Nadals a class act though even though he lost no tantrums or anything. Still signing autographs, a real sportsman and gentleman.

Boy they sure replayed the crossover the entire final part of the match!

Rafa...such a class act for sure! How I love that snarky look he gives during the match though!!!!
gonna try and find it!

Rosol....who ARE you?!?!? unbelievable! He was very gracious in his post match interview as well.

bravo guys! BRAVO!!
wonderful match!!!

although I think the almost hour break to put the roof on was the complete game changer though...Rafa was on
a fire..then they had to stop....:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts