1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Tell us 5 things interesting facts...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Jan 26, 2008.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Now....lets see......i have to come up with my 5!

1. I once worked security for the "Vince Lombardi Golf Classic"
    2. I was in an earthquake in Los Angeles California
    3. I have tried on two Super Bowl rings from the Packers, one from Super Bowl one, and Super Bowl 31
    4. I used to live 3 blocks from the Milwaukee Braves pitcher Warren Spahn
    5. I helped find a little boy that was missing while a tornado was passing right over us, getting him and myself to safety.

2. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To Cheesey

I'm sure #5 correct, because something like that is hard to make up. #4 could be wrong but I'm not guessing that. #3 I believe that because your such an old geezer, and you've probably had time to do lots of stuff, no offense intended :lol: . I'm not guessing #2 either. 1 is wrong.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Nope! I actually DID work security for the Lombardi Golf Classic! I actually had BART STARR stop me and THANK me for doing such a good job for them! (It was SOOO cool!) I met several stars that day, including Starr, Jerry Kramer and Fuzzy Thurston, Lynn Dickey, James Lofton, basketball star Bob Lanier, and movie star (from the "Naked Gun" films) Leslie Nielson. He was REALLY funny, and drunk off his butt!

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I will say #2 is false..

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No again! 1986 i was working at the Los Angeles county fair grounds at a gun show in a HUGE metal building. All of the sudden, it sounded like someone was driving a train down the middle of the building! The place was packed, and i was demonstrating some products to some people. After the quake hit, you could have heard a PIN drop in the place for about 10 seconds, and my eyes must have been as big as saucers as I looked at the guys i was showing stuff too. I looked at them and said "Was that what i THOUGHT it was???" And they said matter of factly, "Yeah, it was an earthquake." It was a BEAUTIFUL sunny day, and i'm not exactly used to that kind of stuff. I told the guys "I'm going back to Wisconsin! At least there, if a tornado was coming, you have SOME warning! Not like here where the earth might just open up and swallow you!" They all started laughing. Next day, i got the newspaper, and they said it was a 3.7 on the richter scale. Not big by THEIR standards, but scared the CRAP outta me!!! :lol:

6. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Cheesey, those are the kind of stories that make this a fun thread.. thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you!
    I have had some weird things happen to me in my lifetime........it made it hard to narrow it down to just 5 things!
    And to make one up??? That was the hardest! The true things are sometimes stranger then fiction!

8. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    #3 is false I think.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No again!!!!
    I met Ray Nitschke in the late 1990 through a guy i knew who knew him. I got to sit and talk with him, and he said "Hey AL, have you ever tried on a Super Bowl ring?" I said "No sir!" And he took off his Super Bowl ONE ring and let me try it on!
    Then at Fan Fest a couple years ago, one of the Packer board of directors was there with his Super Bowl 31 ring. I asked him if i could try it on, and he said "Sure!" Oh man........it was SO beautiful! I had someone take a picture of me with it on. (If i can find it, i'll post it on here)
    So the ONLY one i am missing is one from Super Bowl two. Thats my goal, to TRY to get one of the old Packers to just let me put it on my hand for a second, so i can then say i had all 3!

10. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Cool! Now I remember you telling me that story in Green Bay. :oops:

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I figured some would know some of my stories, as i have told quite a few things here that have happened to me.
    But i figure no one really ever pays attention to what i say anyway!!! :lol:

12. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Since we are going down the list, I'll say #4 is false.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    DING DING DING!!! We have a WINNER!!!
    I never lived by Spahn, but i did meet him once and he signed a photo for me, and a 1965 Milwaukee Braves little league bat for me.

Tell Toddy what he's won Don!
    "A lifetime supply of "Cheeze Whizz! All you have to do is come by and pick it up!"
    (By "lifetime supply" we mean 3 cans!) LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

14. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Woo! I win, I win! All I need to do is get some plane tickets, money for a cab and directions to your house, then the Cheeze Whizz will be mine! :p

Tell us the story about #5 please Uncle Cheesey!

15. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes # 5 sounds like an interesting story, do tell please cheesey.

16. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm. Ok here goes:

1)Mr. Rogers attended my 3rd grade play
    2)I have lived in Southern California for 27 yrs and I've only seen one movie star
    3)I was at Bob Marley's final concert before he died
    4)I've biked across the U.S. twice
    5)I once met the ex-director of the FBI and the CIA

17. Toddy

Toddy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    PackinSteel, I'm going to say #2.

18. Packers_Finland

Packers_Finland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PackinSteel, #4

19. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Packin Steel Number 3

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL! Yes Toddy, all you have to do is spend a few thousand dollars, and THREE Cheesey autographed cans of "Cheeze Whizz" CAN be YOURS!!! :lol:
    Ok....it was in the mid 1970's. I was with my brother in law, going with him to visit one of his relatives. We had some bad storm warnings out, but that wouldn't stop us. As we got within a few blocks of her house, the tornado warning sirens went off. By the time we pulled up to her house, all hell broke loose. As he got out of the car, he yelled to me "AL, we better make a run for the house!" I tried to open the passenger side door, and the wind was so strong it shoved the door shut. I had to push with all my weight to get it open. I could hear the trees cracking, and a huge branch fell behind the car, and i followed him to the back door of the house. Just as we were running up the stairs, we heard the next door lady yelling "My baby! My baby!" Me and CD (my brother in law) looked at each other, and without a word took off running to her back yard. We found the little boy (about 4 years old) sitting in her back yard, having NO idea what was going on. We scooped him up, and handed him to his Mom, who yelled a quick "Thank you!" to us and she took off for her basement. We in turn took off back to the house, and got downstairs QUICK. It only took a few minutes for the storm to pass, and we found out that the tornado passed right over us. Thankfully, it didn't touch down. But when we came outside, their were HUGE trees down all over the road! I'll tell you, my adreniline was PUMPING!

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    2, 3 and 4 have been taken.
    By "Mr. Rodgers", you don't mean AARON Rodgers, do you??? (j/k!)
    But i'll say #1 anyway!

22. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Prince played at my high school pep fest.
    2. I watched Kevin Mchale and his high school team beat my alma mater in the state tournament.
    3.I gave Tony Dungy a ride back to his dorm one night at the U of M.
    4.I met Tony Orlando and Dawn.
    5.Earned straight A's in my nursing class.

23. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I am going to guess #1, if you were a student at the time, #2 and #3 don't align up with that one. Just a guess though.

24. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wrong......they do line up.

I graduated in '76, the same year as Mchale and Prince.

Tony Dungy was QB at the U of M in 76.

25. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Ahhh, I never thought about a pre-fame Prince.. I stand corrected, so much for a guess, LOL.