1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Ted's way

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Royal Pain, Oct 28, 2013.

1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Just for the record we did sign a free agent this past off season. His name was Brad Jones. I thought Thompson was nuts when he did it but it seems to have been a good signing.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    I think more people agree with his straw man...Look at Oakland, Washington..Vikings...

Lynch wasnt a free agent, only Jackson was...And how is he holding up in Atlanta??? 30 years old and has been injured...

Don Beebe before going to the Pack---
    25 catches per year on average
    384 yards per year on average
    3 tds per year..
    1st year with Pack 39 catches and 4 tds

Hardly some one that was a break out free agent..

3. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    In the past certain posters dont consider that a fa...they think only players from "other" teams only can be a fa

4. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    Exactly. Free agents don't have to be huge names or contributors, just added to the mix to fill holes and strengthen weaknesses. As far as Jackson goes, that's the typical response from TTs ardent fans. Would it be any more disingenuous for me to bring up the list of draft pics that don't work out as a fatal criticism of drafting players?

I guess I'm a crazy person here. I don't find the Packers becoming Oakland, Washington or the Vikings if next year we have 49 players on our roster that have only played in GB rather than 50.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    My point was that with-in the league, when rb near 30 years old they start to break down...Which is exactly what happened to Jackson (ironic it is a hammy issue)

In his past I do not think he ever missed a game

I agree that FA dont have to have huge numbers, but looking at Bebee's numbers in Buffalo, he wasnt a huge contributor, with the Pack----2 years, 41 catches and 4 tds...And one return TD....

I wonder why they thought they needed him?? You could find a player like that in the draft...And that new draft pic could have played for the Pack for 5 or more years..Not just two..

Let me make this very clear....I think he does an awesome job, but I do get pissed at him as well...

I wish he would have traded for a wr now..I wish that in the offseasons he gets a FA that actually could help....But he doesnt do that, and never will...But I did get pissed when he didnt trade for a wr....

I wish he would get a free agent o-l ....Tired of the same ole story there..

But he has his reasons and he hasnt been named GM of the year twice by his peers because he sucks...

Only a small handful thinks he sucks and that it goes back to what he did to Brett

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Draft picks get injured and young guys get injured. Take a look at our roster. We have hammy injuries and the guys aren't 30.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  7. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    My post had nothing to do with injuries in general

It was more about running backs near 30 years ld

8. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Even young running backs get injured. Jackson got a hamstring injury and is back playing.

9. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,983
    You missed my entire point I had with Bus

Had to do with free agents--he brought up Jackson..One reason that Ted MAY NOT have pushed harder for Jackson is he has a lot of wear on his body...

A lot of rb near 30 years old in the NFL start to go downhill...Not everyone, but that seems to be the age people say rb start to break down...

So I was emphasizing that Jackson was hurt now and hadnt really been hurt before this year..In fact it appears he only missed 12 games in last 9 years...Last 4 years he has only missed one game

Hope that clears it up

10. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I just think a hamstring injury is pushing it as far as that RB injury thing.

In any case we certainly are better off with Lacy.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  11. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    P.S., Backup QB is an area I think our front office should have been more proactive about with FA. They stuck with Graham Harrell for too long without a competent veteran on board. It's like nobody realized this was a problem until the second week of the preseason when we began scrambling for better options...

12. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    1) They didn't "simply dismiss" Jackson, by most accounts it was Jackson using the Packers as leverage to get signed by the Falcons.

2) Think maybe it's good that we went the TT route and have Lacy for $3.4M total for 4 years vs. 4M every year for 3 years for a 30 year old Jackson?

• Agree Agree x 1