TEDDY AS A GM ?

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have heard a lot of people rag on teddy about his performances so far

i must defend him

we as fans dont have a clue as to the constraints placed on him. he has walked into a situation where the talent pool is the lowest in gbay since 1992, they are zapped against the cap, they have several players with contracts that cripple the team.

add to that a general upswing in the division as far as talent goes

each of the other three teams has a better draft standing at this minute, yes i would gladly trade our draft to get any of the three right now.

even as general manager teddy has rules to follow from the board, for all we know he was told to cut expenses by 15 %, we dont know that.

teddy has a very good background for the job, FAR BETTER than the last guy who bungled it .

i may come to despise the sight of teddy as much as i do seeing sherman still there. but for now, hes our gm, hes the guy that will do the best he can with the constraints he has been given and the talent he has inherited.

i would surely love to know his real opinion of sherman as a coach, i still believe that harlan told him sherman stays this year before teddy got the job

please give teddy a little slack

loren

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Passing judgement on a guy before he's really done anything right or wrong, hell he hasn't even made his first draft yet is jus absurd. Who ever is ragging on TT needs to be more patient and see the mans plan first.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly.

what idiot thought he had some magic beans with him when we hired him. jesus, we haven't even drafted yet. sounds to me like some kids need to do the pee-pee dance or take a time-out.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd "add" one more thing ---- Have any of you taken time to watch the Press Conferences given by any of the people who are named in this thread? I've watched quite a few and you get the general sense that the Packers are in the healing mode. They've been sick as far as the Captain of the Ship is concerned.. and now he's out of his funk and ready to take down a few names of the slackers who were runnin' things ragged.

I'm bettin' the other three teams in our division have a little rude awakening comin' for all of 'em... And no one in THIS Division has yet to see the real Jim Bates in action out there... I'm smellin' the re-emergence of Fritz Shurmer's ghost back out on Lambeau, if ya ask me! We may start out just a tad bit ragged... but you watch - I think this is the year we fight like Patriots and come out on top!

Remember, as long as TT's in there watchin' the purse strings, then the Players can't treat Sherman like they did ol' Ray Rhodes (no real respect)..

Let's just see what happens next! See you guys at the Draft! :wink:

OP
OP
L

LOREN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
I'd one more thing ---- Have any of you taken time to watch the Press Conferences given by any of the people who are named in this thread? I've watched quite a few and you get the general sense that the Packers are in the healing mode. They've been sick as far as the Captain of the Ship is concerned.. and now he's out of his funk and ready to take down a few names of the slackers who were runnin' things ragged.

I'm bettin' the other three teams in our division have a little rude awakening comin' for all of 'em... And no one in THIS Division has yet to see the real Jim Bates in action out there... I'm smellin' the re-emergence of Fritz Shurmer's ghost back out on Lambeau, if ya ask me! We may start out just a tad bit ragged... but you watch - I think this is the year we fight like Patriots and come out on top!

Remember, as long as TT's in there watchin' the purse strings, then the Players can't treat Sherman like they did ol' Ray Rhodes (no real respect)..

Let's just see what happens next! See you guys at the Draft! :wink:

i sure hope your correct

the packers are in real need of a leader, and it doesnt need to be a media darking politicaly correct nice guy either

they need a firm hand and a direction

please teddy, be that

loren

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GREAT FREE AGENCY

GUARD
1) We have a starting NFL guard with years of experience replacing Rivera.

2) We have a strong physical specimen to replace Wahle. His detractors would say he has been injured in the past. My assertion is that his ability his best demonstrated by the injuries. They are similar to the type Gilbert Brown sustained. He was holding the point of attack while the weak around him were tumbling to the turf and striking the legs of the stronger warrior.

3) They also will have to compete with a capable Packer starting lineman from last season who knows the playbook and can play well.

This sets up competition amongst 3 for the 2 starting guard spots at a cost of 2.5 million. Far less than last year's cost for Wahle and Rivera.

SAFETY

We had a guy who lacked leadership and did not deserve the 5.6 million contract he had been signed. We have 3 NFL starting safeties competing for 2 starting positions at a cost of less than 1.5 million.

Don't be suprised if an upgrade at linebacker occurres prior to the draft.

Thank you, Mr. Thompson for the knowledgable, patient, frugal, great moves!!!

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CC,

2. The opposing offensive lineman would often attack Gilbert's legs trying to knock him out of the game, instead of straight up blocking him.
3. Yep, we have some young guns in reserve that are untested that may take one of the guard spots.

The biggest disappoint to me last year was Sharper. He wouldn't hit, couldn't cover and couldn't tackle. Other than that he was all-pro.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
....The biggest disappoint to me last year was Sharper. He wouldn't hit, couldn't cover and couldn't tackle. Other than that he was all-pro.
Isn't that a sort of contradiction of terms? How can you be ALL PRO, when you're not "covering" or "tackling" or "hitting"... What is this, FLAG FOOTBALL? I agree with your assessment of Sharper to some extent - His was the spot that should've stopped "4th & 26... Not Nick Barnett.. The media darlings all gave Darren a free pass and concentrated their articles on Barnett over covering.... The ball was waaay over his head and into Second coverage.. That's not where Barnett plays... It is where Sharper plays... and fer sure LeRoy Butler would have intercepted that ball... Therein lies the diff!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson Quote on Packers.com

Mr. Thompson is quoted as saying:

"Certainly having two '2s' gives us the opportunity to add two players to our team that we think will be high quality. We think this draft is deep enough that we can get two really good players in the second round. We won't cavalierly throw those away - we're looking forward to drafting in the second round."

We won't cavalierly throw those (picks) away.

How can this draft be worse than 03 or 04?

Members online

Latest posts