Teddy and Mikey screwed us again!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Our Veteran's Day is tomorrow (always on Monday so that the US Postal Service, governmental employees and large banks (not mine of course...grrr) get a three day weekend.

In any event ... a BIG thanks to the guys and ladies who have picked up and did what most of them probably didn't want to (I can't imagine anyone who would WANT to get shot at). My hat is off to you folks today -- all that really does is expose an ever increasing balding spot, which I can thank my Mother's Dad for -- R.I.P. Grandpa ... there's a little bit of you falling off my scalp each and every day.

Also noteworthy today:

Today is the Birthday of the United States Marine Corps -- Semper Fi and thank you also.

Today is the anniversary of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald -- which, were it not for the Gordon Lightfoot song, no one would know about.

Today is Mike McCarthy's birthday. Punk kid turns 50.

Today is weeds birthday as well. Double knickels today -- just yesterday I was studly stud muffin ... now, my kid tells me that I am a hardened bran muffin ... what a little ***** I created. :)

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weeds here is another noteworthy event in history.

1640 - Thomas Wentworth, Earl of Strafford, impeached by the House of Lords on the evidence of John Pym, and imprisoned in the Tower of London; he was later executed.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I had the HONOR of putting down a tribute to my GREAT uncle, who was blown to bits (poor bastard !) in the first world war in France, last year.(the tribute, not the war !). I was the first member of our family ever to be able to make the trip, and it was quite emotional.
I`ve been to the war cemetry at OMAHA BEACH too. Awesome place. We need to always remember these guys :)

I

Our Veteran's Day is tomorrow (always on Monday so that the US Postal Service, governmental employees and large banks (not mine of course...grrr) get a three day weekend.

In any event ... a BIG thanks to the guys and ladies who have picked up and did what most of them probably didn't want to (I can't imagine anyone who would WANT to get shot at). My hat is off to you folks today -- all that really does is expose an ever increasing balding spot, which I can thank my Mother's Dad for -- R.I.P. Grandpa ... there's a little bit of you falling off my scalp each and every day.

Also noteworthy today:

Today is the Birthday of the United States Marine Corps -- Semper Fi and thank you also.

Today is the anniversary of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald -- which, were it not for the Gordon Lightfoot song, no one would know about.

Today is weeds birthday as well. Double knickels today -- just yesterday I was studly stud muffin ... now, my kid tells me that I am a hardened bran muffin ... what a little ***** I created. :)

Happy birthday mate ;). Take your son, and abandon him in the woods, the cheeky bugger :laugh:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Weeds here is another noteworthy event in history.

1640 - Thomas Wentworth, Earl of Strafford, impeached by the House of Lords on the evidence of John Pym, and imprisoned in the Tower of London; he was later executed.

Holy *****!!! Just another reason to head up to the 'wine attic' and crack open a new box of rot gut. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I can promise you ONE thing.... I don't get within 5 feet of "wine". If I'm electing to knock one down, it's gonna be a whiskey product ... I also like Clint Eastwood westerns. :)

Hey, Bill, I just showed my kid your post ... his response? "Damned foreigners ... least they could do is speak English". :)

I

I can promise you ONE thing.... I don't get within 5 feet of "wine". If I'm electing to knock one down, it's gonna be a whiskey product ... I also like Clint Eastwood westerns. :)

Hey, Bill, I just showed my kid your post ... his response? "Damned foreigners ... least they could do is speak English". :)

Just give him a slap from me will you ?? :D

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
He's immune to that, Buggy. He did some time at Second City in Chicago and used to hearing stuff like "Get off the stage ya bum." ...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Bus Cook: You're never alone with a schizophrenic". This thread proves it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I've read this it leaves my head spinning.
I honestly don't know what the hell TT means.
So if he thinks about A-Rod getting hurt, that is somehow a jinx and he will not get a competent back up QB because he doesn't want to jinx A-Rod?
I dunno but Teddy needs to pull his head out of the ground, put on his big boy pants, and wake up to reality and get better guys to back up A-Rod.
I'm sorry but if we are going to have a GM who will let fairy tales dictate his moves, then we need someone better suited for the job who is in reality.
I'm just not going to buy into the BS excuses of jinxes and crap.

Last edited:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

Also noteworthy today:

Thanks Weeds, didn't know you were mean and green and a big Semper Fi.
Thanks for Veterans Day wishes, I don't know a single veteran who has ever thought about this day as theirs. Veterans do what they do because of love of country and love of their fellow man. No big deal I assure you but it's nice that people think about it.
Happy B-day Weeds! Now your age equals the number of the speed limit and that wonderful guy who plays MLB for the Bears.

Members online

Latest posts