Ted, you're drunk, go home

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't see any reason to spend even a small portion of our available cap room on Harvin.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been said, for the right price, anyone is in play. Percy's "right price" would have to be really, really bottom dollar though, because he really would be like a kick returner / wr 3 in the event that all our qbs go down and cobb has to play qb for a portion of a game. Pretty confident in saying this is just a silly story.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the improvement on special teams alone it is worth a look. He could also be a sproles type on 3rd down. Not really worried about his attitude bc we have a ton of high character guys

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could get him cheap why would that be bad?
Because he is a complete @#^!head. Sometimes having one idiot on the team, whispering to the young players his discontent makes him a minus on the team outweighing his pluses. Seattle cut him after spending big money and trade picks. Why? Maybe he was spreading a message of "you don't need to work so hard at practice" or teaching the rookies to question the coaches. Who knows? I do know that a player can make a team worse even by while being a exception player on the field.

I doubt that TT would be interested in Harvin, but then again, TT has shocked me before.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because he is a complete @#^!head. Sometimes having one idiot on the team, whispering to the young players his discontent makes him a minus on the team outweighing his pluses. Seattle cut him after spending big money and trade picks. Why? Maybe he was spreading a message of "you don't need to work so hard at practice" or teaching the rookies to question the coaches. Who knows? I do know that a player can make a team worse even by while being a exception player on the field.

I doubt that TT would be interested in Harvin, but then again, TT has shocked me before.
You can breathe now lol

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Charles clay put a tender on him possibly randy Starks remains a option at nt

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd like to see Charles clay put a tender on him possibly randy Starks remains a option at nt

Greg hardy could be a steal

Starks isn't a great run defender and because of it doesn't fit the Packers needs. It has been rumored the Bills will sign Clay to an offer sheet with the Dolphins trying to work out a long term deal with him, he'll be way too expensive.

Hardy could be an impact player but doean't fit a position of dire need and teams have to be aware of his character issues.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Before I saw that Harvin was signed, was going to say "ask all the other teams he has been on, why we shouldn't sign him". I'll take someone with a bit less talent and a much better attitude and locker room mentality on my team, thank you.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. The guy is a cancer. Much as I hate Pete Carroll, he was smart enough to cut his losses. I also respect the talent evaluating and player development capabilities of Carroll and Schneider. If Seattle ditched him fast, why would anyone else want him? And Seattle definitely needed help at WR last year. Anyway, no thanks to Percy Harvin. He'll be out of football soon, and in jail shortly after that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Would he be able to light a fire under Datone, press him for playing time? Or is he a different style? How about a low cost multi-year deal to learn and eventually replace Peppers?

I don't think Hardy would agree to such a deal. He's not an ideal fit for a 3-4 defense with his best fit in the scheme being a RDE although he probably would have to add some weight.

He won't be able to replace Peppers though as there's no way he's capable of playing at OLB.

H

HardRightEdge

Leave it to Rex Ryan to sign this guy. We should start a poll...in which week will Harvin punch out Cassel in the locker room? I'm going with week 4.

D

Deleted member 6794

too bad he has never caught a pass from a good qb..He would have played lights out if he caught td's from Rodgers

You should be glad the Packers re-signed Cobb. He's the same type of player, put up great numbers last season but in comparison to Harvin he's a great guy in the locker room.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts